What's new

How do you feel about the Wwe and Mortal Kombat crossover

I was watching Elimination chamber last night and saw Ronda's Sonya cosplay and thought it was pretty cool, and i wanted to see what every one else thought about it and came to tym to see the reaction was somewhat mixed. That got me thinking about how much crossover the Wwe have had with MK lately with Ronda, them shouting Zelina Vega out on the Kombat Kast, and their whole relationship with Xavier Woods and not to mention the Wwe game Netherealm made, i was wondering how u guys feel about it and how you would feel if it would continue. I personally love it they are two of my favorite franchises so them interacting is sick to me though i do have to say if they get another star to voice a character i voulenteer Charlotte Flair for Sindel, A Queen for a Queen.

That's more about how people feel about Ronda as Sonya i want to see how people feel about the general relationship between the wwe and MK

I believe NRS made a mobile WWE game in which the wrestlers had super powers maybe you will enjoy it. I never played or know if it still exists thought.
yeah Wwe Immortals i used to love that game i always had hoped that they would have made that a real game and not just a mobile one

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think it makes sense mixing WWE and MK together. I love seeing Ronda dress and Sonya and kick ass even if matches winners are pre-determined I feel like WWE has a lot of raw action and power like we see in MK.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopppeee thank you.

Voice actors and cosplayers are fine but I don't want another MK vs Whatever.

They can make their own WWE game and have a guest MK character there like Injustice that would be fine but no crossovers.

Fuck no.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I think it makes sense mixing WWE and MK together. I love seeing Ronda dress and Sonya and kick ass even if matches winners are pre-determined I feel like WWE has a lot of raw action and power like we see in MK.
Yes because the first thing I think about when thinking about WWE are bloody fatalities and super power moves....
Maybe in the 90s when wrestling was actually entertaining and violent and even then...

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
while being a cross promotion regarding and limited only to voice actor, cosplay, etc .... ok, WWE could help MK franchise to sell more games, and this it's always good business strategy .... :D ;)

but, a crossover game ? no way ..... I think MK vs DC was a hell of crap shit game, and don't wanna to see MK being mixed with none other stuff , this simply does not work well .... even Street Fighter vs MK could be a very limited game regarding gore factor and violence, so, WWE and MK universe cannot be put in the same game ..... not in terms of videogame co-existence :mad: :confused:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
yeah Wwe Immortals i used to love that game i always had hoped that they would have made that a real game and not just a mobile one
If you liked Immortals, go out of your way to play WWE All Stars. The mobile game is absolutely terrible, in my opinion, but All Stars is legit amazingly fun. I loved it so much and always hoped they'd come out with a sequel.

As far as the crossover, I've been a huge wrestling fan since I was about 4 years old. It's really cool seeing someone like Ronda come out dressed like an MK character and to have the commentators acknowledge it. People can shit on it all they want, but it's good for both parties. It's not like Ronda is in the game, she's just Sonya. It's fine.

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
it’s extremely fitting.

i’ve always looked at it this way

Street Fighter = Boxing, a tradition that will never die but has def faded in popularity

Tekken = MMA, a new, more exciting version that does include elements of traditional boxing but is too niche as it stands

Mortal Kombat = Pro Wrestling, deep if you’re into it and there’s way more layers than people give it credit for, but most of the casuals just want to see the Stunner and the Rock Bottom (Fatalities and Brutalities)

I doubt it'd ever happen. The WWE is pretty notorious for having rules on how you can portray their stars, and I doubt they're going to be ok with them getting their head ripped off.

Further you're just asking for a bunch of melee characters unless you go WAAAY back to the old snes wrestling games where things go wackier (and again, I don't see the WWE doing that at all).

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I actually see DOA as more fitting for WWE with all the throws, grapples etc

For MK I like only horror characters or badass, gritty characters to be crossed over personally.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Not a wrestling watcher so I don’t like it. I would rather see horror icons than wrestlers. I can understand trying to entice that market but honestly it just leaves the rest of us saying wtf.. It’s not a deal breaker for me or anything, it’s just a “really?” moment for me.

Like the first movie Shang’s likeness being used? Fucking brilliant. I don’t know how you go from that to John cena.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Yes because the first thing I think about when thinking about WWE are bloody fatalities and super power moves....
Maybe in the 90s when wrestling was actually entertaining and violent and even then...
It's a matter of opinion, I watched Wrestling when I was a kid and it was better than it is now. Maybe they want to get back to that because they lost a lot of viewers when the big names all decided to start acting. if aligning with MK helps them then I'm all for it.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Its funny. Back in the 90s we had Wrestling characters ripped from mk in the WWF. And now we got WWE wrestlers who are involved in MK. In my opinion, that's awesome.

However as one of the above posts already stated, I don't want any crossover whatsoever. Guestcharacters already are an issue for some people.

Its funny. Back in the 90s we had Wrestling characters ripped from mk in the WWF.
That (WWF Arcade) was, literally and on merit, THEE BEST WWF/E game ever made... And aside from that "All-Stars" game (PS360 era), there is daylight to the next piece of turd shovelware.

Good times...

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
That (WWF Arcade) was, literally and on merit, THEE BEST WWF/E game ever made... And aside from that "All-Stars" game (PS360 era), there is daylight to the next piece of turd shovelware.

Good times...
The action of this game is still unique.