What's new

Question - Possessed How do you deal with possessed kenshi teleport spam and ridiculous armored move

So i've been having issues against possessed kenshi, i'm starting to seriously hate this variation.
Seems like any fool can pick it up and do good with it.

I play tempest lao, ninjutsu scorpion, sektor and a little DF liu kang.

The thing is, i can make reads, and i can easily read kenshis teleport, but i can't do anything against it, i tried lao's spin, scorp's uppercut, sektors NJP and i always get hit by his jump in punch after teleport no matter what I do.

If i sit there and block - he's just gonna spam his string into teleport over and over again, or do his demon 50/50s.

And even if i somehow get a turn - he always has a bar of meter to do his OP armored move, i can't even jump over.

How tf do I play against it online?

ANY advice is greatly appreciated.

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
Im not the best advice giver for mkx but i would do exactly as he does to practice. Program the bot to do something and either block or followup with an attack. That way you can practice your options. Get good at back dashing or forward dashing and find that move or combo to punish with your characters. It will take some time but it will be worth the practice when you start washing online

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
That TP is cancer online, but just be patient and see if you can notice any patterns. If you can make reads on when they are going to TP, you can punish with d2 or NJP. If he has meter and he keeps checking you with his insane, plus-on-block, double-armored, stupid fucking move with a hitbox that even covers behind him, you're just going to have to try to bait it out and get him to waste it. Or armor through it for a punish.

That TP is cancer online, but just be patient and see if you can notice any patterns. If you can make reads on when they are going to TP, you can punish with d2 or NJP. If he has meter and he keeps checking you with his insane, plus-on-block, double-armored, stupid fucking move with a hitbox that even covers behind him, you're just going to have to try to bait it out and get him to waste it. Or armor through it for a punish.
I totally agree with your hatred towards his OP armored move man.

Patience will help definitely, im not a patient player to be honest, that's probably im losing against possessed all the time.

Punishing with D2 or NJP never works for me for some reason, his TP always beats whatever i mash.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I totally agree with your hatred towards his OP armored move man.

Patience will help definitely, im not a patient player to be honest, that's probably im losing against possessed all the time.

Punishing with D2 or NJP never works for me for some reason, his TP always beats whatever i mash.
If he does TP into jk (where he just bends his legs and has a hitbox on his knees), then that's very difficult to punish, but it only gets him a chunk of damage and a knockdown. If he's trying to do anything else and you make a read, depending on the internet connection, you should be able to punish. But punishing it on reaction online usually isn't a great option. As others have said, you can try back-dashing. You can also use an armored special if you have one.

If he does TP into jk (where he just bends his legs and has a hitbox on his knees), then that's very difficult to punish, but it only gets him a chunk of damage and a knockdown. If he's trying to do anything else and you make a read, depending on the internet connection, you should be able to punish. But punishing it on reaction online usually isn't a great option. As others have said, you can try back-dashing. You can also use an armored special if you have one.

They usually do jump in punch or NJP after the teleport and I can't even punish that online.

I messed around with scorpion in practice mode and i can counter his teleport with the armoured back-forward 4 slide, but it's inconsistent for me right now.

Thanks for the input!

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Sektor fucks his teleport up. If you can read his teleport just njp him, KL gets 40% with one bar out of that. Dragon fire’s is fast enough to uppercut his ass. The safest way is explained above, just backdash and crossup if he reacts with armored bf2.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Sektor fucks his teleport up. If you can read his teleport just njp him, KL gets 40% with one bar out of that. Dragon fire’s is fast enough to uppercut his ass. The safest way is explained above, just backdash and crossup if he reacts with armored bf2.
You can’t cross up Possessed. It’s not bf2 that’s the problem, it’s, I believe, db2, the giant vertical slice. It’s plus on block, it has multiple hits of armor, it covers half the screen, it anti-airs, and its hitbox is a bubble that fully covers Kenshi. Even if you successfully cross over and land behind Kenshi, you’ll still get tagged.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
You can’t cross up Possessed. It’s not bf2 that’s the problem, it’s, I believe, db2, the giant vertical slice. It’s plus on block, it has multiple hits of armor, it covers half the screen, it anti-airs, and its hitbox is a bubble that fully covers Kenshi. Even if you successfully cross over and land behind Kenshi, you’ll still get tagged.
No you don’t. The move you speak of is his df4 which can’t be cross uped. You can cross up bf2, got fucked like that a lot recently. And it’s on read, if you know that guy uses df4 then just block, that +2 doesn’t give him shit with it’s push back, he can follow it up with d4 or b2 if he has range, but that’s just slow

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
No you don’t. The move you speak of is his df4 which can’t be cross uped. You can cross up bf2, got fucked like that a lot recently. And it’s on read, if you know that guy uses df4 then just block, that +2 doesn’t give him shit with it’s push back, he can follow it up with d4 or b2 if he has range, but that’s just slow
Yeah, I'm talking about df4 (couldn't remember the input). You cannot cross it up or get any kind of punish except to armor through on a read. Yes, you can punish bf2 on a read, no one is disputing that.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
If they are doing strings into teleport predictably, you can run under them and trip guard from the other side. At least I can with D'vorah, not sure if that's universal since she has such a fast run. You have to fully commit to this, since as far as I know it can't really be done on reaction, but if you hit harder than Possessed and it limits his gameplan more, it's worth it.

I checked it with Lao. He seems capable of it, but it might depend on which air normal they use and how late.

Last edited: