What's new

How do you counter Scorpions who constantly run away?

I was playing an opponent in XBL Ranked last night by name of CastlevaniaXX. His strategy was to run to the opposite side of the screen and wait for myself(as Shang Tsung) to either run at him or throw a projectile so he could teleport away.

How would one counter this, I was able to feint some moves and hit him with the ground fireballs but it wasn't consistent enough. How does one counter someone with this fucktarded tactic?

When I say "his strategy was to run away" I honestly mean the guy did absolutely nothing but run away to sit in a corner and wait for me to to something to leave myself open(or run towards him for him to teleport away) for his teleport punch to connect. Once it did, he promptly ran away to do it again.

How do I counter someone who does this?

Tim Static

Adminerator
He is weak against Jax....Rush down with Jax and keep rushing, when he jumps back, BB his ass until he figures out to stop. Hold BL when he teleports, gotcha grab or aaHP JK, BB. :)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
When he teleports once, he can't again for a few seconds, so you can run in. He's going to try and either stop your rush or jump away. From here you can try to counter the jump, block the attack, then counter etc.

QuiGonZel said:
I was playing an opponent in XBL Ranked last night by name of CastlevaniaXX. His strategy was to run to the opposite side of the screen and wait for myself(as Shang Tsung) to either run at him or throw a projectile so he could teleport away.

How would one counter this, I was able to feint some moves and hit him with the ground fireballs but it wasn't consistent enough. How does one counter someone with this fucktarded tactic?

When I say "his strategy was to run away" I honestly mean the guy did absolutely nothing but run away to sit in a corner and wait for me to to something to leave myself open(or run towards him for him to teleport away) for his teleport punch to connect. Once it did, he promptly ran away to do it again.

How do I counter someone who does this?
1. Dont play as Shang Tsung.
2. If your not good against teleporters, play as them.

what i do sometimes is just wait there and hold block until he starts moving

they sometimes get impatient and totally forget about their strategy

some others will do it until the round ends acutally resultin in a draw
from the people i played who use that strat

I for one always thought he should be higher on the tier list for 3 reasons.

1. Infinite available from everywhere.

2. Pain in the ASS to juggle

3. Morphs for every situation

Trenia

Noob
I played him a few times too. I just fake ran, BL when he teled then axe uppercut himx2, shoulder'd. Than ran and combo'd him before he could get up. He'll keep teleing then throwing you if you run at him.

QuiGonZel said:
DatBoyMook said:
I wish people would stop giving me this advice. It's not constructive. I am perfectly capable of winning consistently with Shang Tsung.
Calm down. I'm starting to use Shao Kahn more. He's not that bad. Besides, he has the best and most brutal Fatality IMO.

Tim Static

Adminerator
QuiGonZel said:
DatBoyMook said:
I wish people would stop giving me this advice. It's not constructive. I am perfectly capable of winning consistently with Shang Tsung.

I do agree on this. You one of the better Shangs on XBL. However, learning higher tier characters will make everyone you use better.

Tim Static said:
QuiGonZel said:
DatBoyMook said:

I do agree on this. You one of the better Shangs on XBL. However, learning higher tier characters will make everyone you use better.
True Story.

Work's better with Robosmoke in this case.

aahp, TU, aahp, Spear, Autocombo. 56%

Basic and it takes away more than half your health on a punisher.

Ermac is one of the best for punishers, but he can't go invisible, at least not easily :wink:

abc ur dead0 said:
Work's better with Robosmoke in this case.

aahp, TU, aahp, Spear, Autocombo. 56%

Basic and it takes away more than half your health on a punisher.

Ermac is one of the best for punishers, but he can't go invisible, at least not easily :wink:
You try morphing into Smoke. :p

Kabal or Ermac are probably the best. Though you get a definite field advantage when you morph into Kabal.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I use Robo Smoke against running, turtling Scorpions. Sooner or later one of you have to break the ice. FORCE him to first and then counter.

I prefer to bait Scorpion players to use the teleport, then HP, spear, combo etc. A good tactic, they'll change their teleport game real fast if you do that enough.

Its easy to beat running scorpions. Just turtle. When and if he comes in for the attack, either:
-Throw him
-Auotcombo
-Ducking lk
-Teleport
-ect...
And if he teleports than just punish him. If its a running turlte, than just bait him. If he proceeds to turtle, and run... then just chip damage off of him. But don't be to careless, or he'll get you with a spear or auto combo :wink: