What's new

How do you counter Scorpions who constantly run away?

QuiGonZel said:
DatBoyMook said:
1. Dont play as Shang Tsung.
I wish people would stop giving me this advice. It's not constructive. I am perfectly capable of winning consistently with Shang Tsung.
so if you consistently win with shang why does this thread even exist? why dont you consistently beat his scorpion? And here's an idea for you. when he runs to the corner, you stay in yours and duck dont block or anything duck, when he teleports uppercut. I hate people who use cheap tactics to win, it's boring, when i encounter players like that, i dont even play them to win I just play to piss them off thats what you should do.

QuiGonZel said:
Tim Static said:
QuiGonZel said:
DatBoyMook said:
I wish people would stop giving me this advice. It's not constructive. I am perfectly capable of winning consistently with Shang Tsung.

I do agree on this. You one of the better Shangs on XBL. However, learning higher tier characters will make everyone you use better.
True Story.
I find that to be quite the opposite in many cases.

Play Sheeva. You learn Sheeva well, you learn everyone well.
Play Cyrax. If you learn how to fully use all of Cyraxs' "Special Moves" in a match, you learn everyone well.
Learn Shang Tsung. You learn Shao Kahn (lol) then you literally learn everyone well.
And finally, play either Sektor, or Robo Smoke, and any of the teleporters (i.e. Scopitits, Erman, H. Smoke).

Sheeva gives you the basics the best, Cyrax gives you the best strategy ideas, Shang Tsung teaches you how to play all characters except for Smoke, and teaches you which characters are generally good counter picks. And of course, Sexor/Robo Smoke teach you how to really piss off a turtling/over teleporting Ermac/Scorpitits/H. Smoke with their 40-63% non corner needing punishers lol.

KeanBurke said:
QuiGonZel said:
DatBoyMook said:
so if you consistently win with shang why does this thread even exist? why dont you consistently beat his scorpion? And here's an idea for you. when he runs to the corner, you stay in yours and duck dont block or anything duck, when he teleports uppercut. I hate people who use cheap tactics to win, it's boring, when i encounter players like that, i dont even play them to win I just play to piss them off thats what you should do.
You know, I do this sometimes too.. When a sub-zero player does NOTHING but clone, then freeze 105098169019068901468 times when you're far away. I sit there, usually with Nightwolf, and hold block. Not even down back block, just standing block. And wait for them. I'll hit them ONE time with ANYMOVE, be it a punish, or a quick lucky LK. And run away and hold block. Then wait till the timer is less than 20 seconds, and laugh when they make a terrible half ass attempt at rushing me down to try and regain the win.

I was just playing a guy on XBL nemed Carlito that was using the same Scorpion tactic (he ONLY uses Scorpion). It's pretty aggravating. He just keeps away and teleports. He's pretty good at it, too, he's just a real poor sport. He quits early when you start to beat him.

But yeah, the best guys I found against that tactic were UnSub, with the Ice Clone, and R.Smoke with the invisibility. The guy quit early when I'd get R. Smoke, too. It was pretty annoying.

KeanBurke said:
QuiGonZel said:
DatBoyMook said:
so if you consistently win with shang why does this thread even exist? why dont you consistently beat his scorpion?

I said I can consistently win with Shang Tsung. It doesn't mean I can consistently beat EVERYONE and counter every tactic in existence.

Ass.

QuiGonZel said:
KeanBurke said:
QuiGonZel said:
DatBoyMook said:
so if you consistently win with shang why does this thread even exist? why dont you consistently beat his scorpion?

I said I can consistently win with Shang Tsung. It doesn't mean I can consistently beat EVERYONE and counter every tactic in existence.

Ass.
Whipe? :lol: