What's new

How do you convert from B12,D2 KB?

Surielx

Noob
In the lab I found that following this Krushing Blow with 11 or 23 is extremely unreliable, I can never hit it in online matches. For now I settle for D1, DB3 and am satisfied with success rate but there might be better options.
What are yours?

easiest to hardest:
dash forward 111 nomad dash
23 nomad dash
d1 dash forward 23 nomad dash

BTW, it's harder to convert on female characters

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
In the lab I found that following this Krushing Blow with 11 or 23 is extremely unreliable, I can never hit it in online matches. For now I settle for D1, DB3 and am satisfied with success rate but there might be better options.
What are yours?
Mid screen I do 23 or if I’m not confident in landing it, 22 into nomad dash.

In the corner it’s 22, d1, 23 dash. You can also do d1 22, 23 for an easier route or d1, 22, d1, 23 for max damage.

E

Eldriken

This is probably the only issue I have with Kabal. Converting off of this KB is unnecessarily difficult. However, I've never tried dash 111~bf3. May try that. But either way, he needs a little faster recovery so it's not an effin' 1f link or something. -_-

Also, always, always end with s4 into your special of choice. It does the most damage unless you can 23~db3/4 without it whiffing.

It's an extremely tight link. I think if you use 23 it's legit a just-frame. 11 xx nomad dash is reliable, or I think you can even get d1, micro dash, 23 xx nomad dash. 1 and d1 are both 7 frame startups so in theory they should be about the same.

The timing just feels awkward because they're nearly kissing the ground by the time Kabal has recovered and can press anything at all, but the two options I listed above are the most reliable and commonly used things you'll come across.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
It's an extremely tight link. I think if you use 23 it's legit a just-frame. 11 xx nomad dash is reliable, or I think you can even get d1, micro dash, 23 xx nomad dash. 1 and d1 are both 7 frame startups so in theory they should be about the same.

The timing just feels awkward because they're nearly kissing the ground by the time Kabal has recovered and can press anything at all, but the two options I listed above are the most reliable and commonly used things you'll come across.
It‘s tight, but not a 1 framer.on males you can wait until they‘re on waist height and then 23 should be relatively consistent.

What‘s weird is that b12d2,d1, dash~23 is way easier to do than just 23, but only offline. Online it‘s a really annoying link.

You can do 11,nd for consistency but I‘d recommend getting the timing for 23 down.

Also in the corner b12d2kb,d1,22,23nd is really easy to land.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Bear in mind, f3 does the most damage. The timing is tight if your opponent is grounded but it can combo. If they were launched before nomad dash hit, timing is more lenient so it's worth going for.
F3 tends to scale more in a lot of situations to the degree that using it actually does less damage than s4. 23 is the best ender overall anyway, but that is impossible to connect in most combos. Its very rare for there to be a reason to use f3 honestly. Even the midscreen b12d2 kb combo does less with a f3 instead of a s4

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
23 whiffs on females a lot unless you’re frame perfect but dash 111 is really really easy and only loses 16 damage. Definitely the best thing to do against females, and if you doubt your execution you can do it against males instead of 23 as well.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Btw guys, when u start combo with spin wich leads you to corner, can you convert combo into j3 when u started combo standing? For example when i do b12spin, now im in corner, i j3 over opponent, but it seems i cant do it consistent to convert in combo unless they where airborn. Is it supposed to only work on airborn when u combo from 111 or 23 or is my timing off when they stand?

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Btw guys, when u start combo with spin wich leads you to corner, can you convert combo into j3 when u started combo standing? For example when i do b12spin, now im in corner, i j3 over opponent, but it seems i cant do it consistent to convert in combo unless they where airborn. Is it supposed to only work on airborn when u combo from 111 or 23 or is my timing off when they stand?
Can’t do it if they’re grounded, they’ve got to be visibly spinning above the ground.