What's new

How do you consistently hit confirm reversal flawless blocks?

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
So this is a Problem I‘ve had for a longer time and I can‘t seem to figure it out to do it consistently, even when after a lot of practicing.
I‘m talking about „hit“ confirming a flawless block a reversal after a string I‘m barely minus after. What I usually do is I input block,u2/3 immediately afterwards so in case my opponent presses a button and I happen to flawless block it I get my reversal U2/3 and if I don‘t get the fb nothing happens because of the blockstun.
to this point everything is fine but when my opponent doesn‘t press a button or mistimes it of course my character just does a s2/3 or even worse a neutral Jump punch/kick. I tried to hitconfirm the fb so I don‘t take the risk of this happening, but the window just seems too small to consistently do it. Any tips for this? Maybe there is something I‘m doing wrong with my way of approaching this. Any help would be appreciated

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
So this is a Problem I‘ve had for a longer time and I can‘t seem to figure it out to do it consistently, even when after a lot of practicing.
I‘m talking about „hit“ confirming a flawless block a reversal after a string I‘m barely minus after. What I usually do is I input block,u2/3 immediately afterwards so in case my opponent presses a button and I happen to flawless block it I get my reversal U2/3 and if I don‘t get the fb nothing happens because of the blockstun.
to this point everything is fine but when my opponent doesn‘t press a button or mistimes it of course my character just does a s2/3 or even worse a neutral Jump punch/kick. I tried to hitconfirm the fb so I don‘t take the risk of this happening, but the window just seems too small to consistently do it. Any tips for this? Maybe there is something I‘m doing wrong with my way of approaching this. Any help would be appreciated
You can’t hit confirm it, otherwise it’d be a complete OS. Generally someone can bait your flawless block attempt with a delay, it’s definitely intentional

Blewdew

You can’t hit confirm it, otherwise it’d be a complete OS. Generally someone can bait your flawless block attempt with a delay, it’s definitely intentional
Thanks for the reply. But then it confuses me even more How in high level sets people like biohazard constantly challenge plus frames, reversals etc with fb u2 without messing it up. Or maybe I‘m not paying enough attention when watching these idk.

DeftMonk

Noob
Thanks for the reply. But then it confuses me even more How in high level sets people like biohazard constantly challenge plus frames, reversals etc with fb u2 without messing it up. Or maybe I‘m not paying enough attention when watching these idk.
Look for patterns your opponent is doing when u see one thats when u use flawless block. Like if you dont have a fast mid and you notice your opponent likes to d1 after a certain string thats slightly negative to steal his turn, you can either d1 him first or fb him. Don't just try it every time ur negative otherwise a good opponent will just notice ur flowchart and delay their response to blow you up.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
He’s just making the right reads, but there is definitely no airtight OS to flawless block (unless I’m not in the know about something) so he can still be baited in some form. If he is trying to flawless block a 11f mid, a 7f button will still hit him, and so would a slower mid or if you were to delay the 11f mid

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL
There's actually a longer window than you may realize for actually inputting u2/3. You can delay it. My point being is that you don't always have to press u2/3 right away and you can wait for the sound cue. With that being said, you can't really do that against characters like Lui because they eat the armor with quick double hitting strings.

Blewdew

There's actually a longer window than you may realize for actually inputting u2/3. You can delay it. My point being is that you don't always have to press u2/3 right away and you can wait for the sound cue. With that being said, you can't really do that against characters like Lui because they eat the armor with quick double hitting strings.
I noticed that too but it seems like the window varies depending on what attack you flawless blocked, it’s definitely not the same everytime. It‘s weird but I guess it has something to do with blockstun, pokes having almost none make the window smaller than gaps in strings.

with that said thanks for all the replies guys. I labbed a bit and at least I found out you can at least OS the full string out coming from a s2/3.
for example after jokers f143 you can press block, then up while holding block and immediately release block and press 214. on a failed fb block nothing comes out, on fb the reversal u2 comes out and if your opponent delays the full string comes out.

So it’s not really a hit confirm, but more of a read. You do have to have the reactions to press u2/3 though.

you want to use this after you’ve gathered some info on your opponent. For example, Scorpion’s 112 is about -5 on block. I’ll do it then just block. I’ll mentally note whatever my opponent does after. Counter poke with low poke, string, throw etc.

Your opponent can delay their counter attack and bone you for trying to use flawless blocks to steal turns though.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
When I try to fb, Ill usually input it so that if the opponent does delay their poke, i end up just doing a hop overhead attack.

dungeonsector

AI Fighter
There's actually a way to do exactly what you're looking for, and it's relatively simple.
All you have to do is hold block, press up, then 2, then release block. If you do it correctly, nothing will come out. However, if you flawless block something, it will up 2.
There you go, that's all you need to do to "hit confirm" a flawless block. This is me doing it with Liu Kang against Geras: Flawless Block Confirm

Blewdew

When I try to fb, Ill usually input it so that if the opponent does delay their poke, i end up just doing a hop overhead attack.
Yeah you can do that or as I said earlier you can actually hold block long enough to cancel out the jump in case the delay to get your full string, I guess it depends on what you want

Blewdew

There's actually a way to do exactly what you're looking for, and it's relatively simple.
All you have to do is hold block, press up, then 2, then release block. If you do it correctly, nothing will come out. However, if you flawless block something, it will up 2.
There you go, that's all you need to do to "hit confirm" a flawless block. This is me doing it with Liu Kang against Geras: Flawless Block Confirm
Yessss That’s what I was looking for thanks mate!