What's new

Question - Hunter How do you block the NJP while under the snag?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I got a chance to get a PS4 with the Complete Kombat Pack yesterday (Since mine doesn't have it) and tested Preddy for a few hours, later on i used it on BM, and everytime i finished my corner combos with a snag under his feets and went into NJP, everytime he tried to stand to block the NJP he got Snagged. :D

How the hell do you block that? Lmao!

Reactions: GAV
Pretty sure if you're jailed standing, even if you're actually crouch-blocking you get snagged. Had this done to me once and had plenty of time to switch my stance and still got hit.

Mish

Noob
you gotta use an armoured advancing move, if you're not in the corner you can just jump backwards. or if you have any sort of quick attack that can hit predator in the air it will cancel the snare

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
You don't try to block it. Obviously if you make a bad read and are stuck, you try and fuzzy but it's tough haha. Depending on the setup, you should be able to wake up attack out of the setup. Obviously they can read this and block and punish. If they go for the late njp even if you don't wake up you still have a chance to escape with an instant jump normal or maybe a dash under or an uppercut. They can read this by just using a string, which will hit you into the trap, but if you block this it will be much easier to block the trap. If you just get up and block, they can throw you in. You can wake up attack out, jump out, etc but that'll get hit by a string obviously. Or if you don't want to deal with a grab or a string, you can delayed wake up. However that gives them the opportunity to njp. So

String beats jump outs throws etc but wake up attack, delayed wakeup, or block (still somewhat hard to blockable with 32)

Grab beats block but loses to wake up, delayed wake up, or jump out

Block beats wake up attack but loses to jump out or throw or whatever

Njp loses to wake ups but beats delayed wake up

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
You don't try to block it. Obviously if you make a bad read and are stuck, you try and fuzzy but it's tough haha. Depending on the setup, you should be able to wake up attack out of the setup. Obviously they can read this and block and punish. If they go for the late njp even if you don't wake up you still have a chance to escape with an instant jump normal or maybe a dash under or an uppercut. They can read this by just using a string, which will hit you into the trap, but if you block this it will be much easier to block the trap. If you just get up and block, they can throw you in. You can wake up attack out, jump out, etc but that'll get hit by a string obviously. Or if you don't want to deal with a grab or a string, you can delayed wake up. However that gives them the opportunity to njp. So

String beats jump outs throws etc but wake up attack, delayed wakeup, or block (still somewhat hard to blockable with 32)

Grab beats block but loses to wake up, delayed wake up, or jump out

Block beats wake up attack but loses to jump out or throw or whatever

Njp loses to wake ups but beats delayed wake up
In the corner, you can wake up out of you, if the opponent times it right. The only thing you can do is to delay wake up.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
In the corner, you can wake up out of you, if the opponent times it right. The only thing you can do is to delay wake up.
A neutral jump punch? What set up are you using? In my experience if you delay the njp so that's it's actually difficult to block you can wake up out. I'll have to test more thoroughly if that's not the case but can you give me specifics?

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
A neutral jump punch? What set up are you using? In my experience if you delay the njp so that's it's actually difficult to block you can wake up out. I'll have to test more thoroughly if that's not the case but can you give me specifics?
I loop people with the simplest thing in the corner. I usually neutral jump punch, smart disk jump in kick, air close trap then start all over again.
Or njp, 3. smart dick. ji3,close trap.
Depending the height in which you set the close trap, either the trap or the njp will hit first.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da

You're gonna fuck over about every wake up except Goro's

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I loop people with the simplest thing in the corner. I usually neutral jump punch, smart disk jump in kick, air close trap then start all over again.
Or njp, 3. smart dick. ji3,close trap.
Depending the height in which you set the close trap, either the trap or the njp will hit first.
All Jik air trap set ups can just be tech rolled then woke up out of I'm pretty sure