What's new

HOW do you beat Superman?

I know we have a matchup discussion thread but I didn't get enough response to my question there so I want to devote a thread.

It really seems to me that he beats her in every category, and when he's in the corner, he's almost unstoppable to me.

We can't vortex him after combo because of his perfect backdash and wakeup. Can't punish his moves. Anytime I win against one, it was from a series of extremely hard reads, which was player based, not character based.

It's hard to dash in when he zones because he can super punch which we can't punish without lvl 3 trait.

Like, from the perspective of a black canary main, it just seems like he literally has no weakness that can be exploited.

Someone PLEASE tell me what I'm missing and some strategy that can help.

doesnt parry work on the dash punch? all i know i parry the shit out of sm cause his low starter is kind of shit and even he backdashes or airdashes, the threat will force him to not spam pressure brainlessly

as far as mixing up goes- my shitty BC is still old school beta tactics like combo into trait cartwheel 11- mixup instead of doing the other modern techniques, i cant remember a sm backdashing out of 11 into 23/21 etc

When I play Superman, I DF1MB quite a bit. He tries to bully you with his f23 and d1 usually. If they like to do f23~breath and attack after it, BC's D3 usually goes under whatever he tries. Sometimes it'll whiff though because he's a flying character (I h8 that bullshit).

I don't dash against him. I jump or duck and walk forward for his stupid eye beams.

I don't fight many patient Superman players. They want to play keep away some and then try to bully you. Get your whiff punishes down. B1 isn't gonna whiff punish him properly because it moves forward too much and because he's considered flying (I fucking h8 that bullshit) when he does his F23. So whiff punish it with 11 or 2.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Can she parry d1 after f23 trait? If that doesn't work just get that doctor angel or whatever dude on ur headset to spout some nonsense about coming onto his ship. They will probably disconnect and u get the w free.
No you can't. Beating superman is about patience midscreen and being relentless up close. You can d3 him after f23 trait f23. Dame goes for breath. In neutral b12 and b1 both low profile f23 as well. His zoning isn't as hard to deal with as deadshot per say. They are pretty even damage wise and she beats all of his wake-up options. This MU is a solid 5-5 with VERY slight favor to superman cus of his laser options

Can't you punish the superman punch with 33?

You punish it with 112

No you can't. Beating superman is about patience midscreen and being relentless up close. You can d3 him after f23 trait f23. Dame goes for breath. In neutral b12 and b1 both low profile f23 as well. His zoning isn't as hard to deal with as deadshot per say. They are pretty even damage wise and she beats all of his wake-up options. This MU is a solid 5-5 with VERY slight favor to superman cus of his laser options

You punish it with 112
How do you stuff his rising grab wakeup? With D3?

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
How do you stuff his rising grab wakeup? With D3?
You don't. You beat rising grab by letting him whiff it and then punishing it. You could do b1 on oki and it will make it whiff. If it hits him you can go for canary drop. If he blocks it it's a punish though

When I play Superman, I DF1MB quite a bit. He tries to bully you with his f23 and d1 usually. If they like to do f23~breath and attack after it, BC's D3 usually goes under whatever he tries. Sometimes it'll whiff though because he's a flying character (I h8 that bullshit).

I don't dash against him. I jump or duck and walk forward for his stupid eye beams.

I don't fight many patient Superman players. They want to play keep away some and then try to bully you. Get your whiff punishes down. B1 isn't gonna whiff punish him properly because it moves forward too much and because he's considered flying (I fucking h8 that bullshit) when he does his F23. So whiff punish it with 11 or 2.
Yea I noticed 2 is a great whiff punisher for him as well. I've also had some luck parrying the second hit in his f23 when the first one whiffs.