What's new

Match-up Discussion How do you beat aquaman?

Ive been getting bodied hard by aquaman due to the fact i really cant punish him and his zoning is massively better than Black Adams. I know its a tough matchup. So please help me out

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
You're Black Adam. Just divekick
Gets beat by J2 and a well timed D2 or his absurdely long range D3 with armor.

Can't cross him up since his D2 either. Can't combo him effectively since black adam doesn't really have juggle combos at his start, he'll drop out of it.

Its a tough match up.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Get the lifelead, when you block his ground trident you get a free lightning/black magic on block that can be jumped, if he does, instant ex divekick. You can also jump and bait both kinds of tridents and ex divekick them.

It's a lifelead match. Use b2 trait into throw a lot and watch out for his overhead low mixups.

Gets beat by J2 and a well timed D2 or his absurdely long range D3 with armor.

Can't cross him up since his D2 either. Can't combo him effectively since black adam doesn't really have juggle combos at his start, he'll drop out of it.

Its a tough match up.
You dive kick on reaction to whiff punish his zoning moves. MB dive kick is an instant launcher.

f3/b3 and d2 are also launchers. So they should be used as much as possible. Instead of punishing with d1 I would d2 xx trait whenever possible for a juicy 30% that he can't escape.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Get the lifelead, when you block his ground trident you get a free lightning/black magic on block that can be jumped, if he does, instant ex divekick. You can also jump and bait both kinds of tridents and ex divekick them.

It's a lifelead match. Use b2 trait into throw a lot and watch out for his overhead low mixups.
^This definitely! But also use the shock hands to keep him off of you when hes close. I use MB hands for more damage and it makes him think about not coming in again

Rabid Justice

Your Soul Is Mine
any time he blocks lightning dont jump. you will get hit. just block then throw lightning and mb it. if you see him jump bd1 him