What's new

Question How do we play him now?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i mean im still hoping nrs comes to their senses and buff him, but with the way he currently is, how are we supposed to play him?

Axel_Redd

no, he was heavily nerfed! he can't zone like he used to and doesnt have his frame traps >.>

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Hybrid, which was a style to Deathstroke prior to the nerfs. Certain match ups you either continue to zone as if the nerfs didn't effect you, others you get in that ass and don't let up.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Please no more "DS sucks" "How do we play him now" threads. The only thing that changed was we just have to be more careful about mindlessly using his guns. Other than that he's still the same. If you feel like you can't win without being able to mindlessly use your guns, then drop him.

Reactions: SLy

Axel_Redd

not really , i wish they would keep his strong zoning.

so how am i supposed to play him exactly then, just his use guns to wiff punish or what?

Axel_Redd

Just watch Slips tomorrow in top 8 at UFGT. He's been bodying everyone with DS
is he actually zoning with him or no? and link pls?

the main reason i picked up stroke is cuz i wanted a strong zoner to compliment my rusher (batman).

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
He wasn't heavily nerfed, he was just made more fair and less brain dead.
I wish Supes and Black Adam could also be in "fair and less brain dead" status as well.

As for the question in the OP: You're just going to get in the habit to not use the Frame Traps. Make use more of StGS for the dash and jump punishes. Less LowGS since it only does 1% now so the chip is hardly worth it. Use 132 to keep them in check.

And non-guns footsies will have to be played at a farther range now so make good use of J3.

Last but not least, hope to god you read right. 'cause that's what we're stuck with now. 'cause we don't get damage from set-ups anymore besides the vortexes.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I like how the people who don't play Stroke are saying that nothing's changed. Perfect time to tell you to shut the fuck up.

Play him like a hybrid. You're not fazing anyone out with guns alone.

Axel_Redd

I wish Supes and Black Adam could also be in "fair and less brain dead" status as well.

As for the question in the OP: You're just going to get in the habit to not use the Frame Traps. Make use more of StGS for the dash and jump punishes. Less LowGS since it only does 1% now so the chip is hardly worth it. Use 132 to keep them in check.

And non-guns footsies will have to be played at a farther range now so make good use of J3.

Last but not least, hope to god you read right. 'cause that's what we're stuck with now. 'cause we don't get damage from set-ups anymore besides the vortexes.
thats retarded, if were reduced to only being able to win based on making strong reads without giving the opponent something to worry about...x.x

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
is he actually zoning with him or no? and link pls?

the main reason i picked up stroke is cuz i wanted a strong zoner to compliment my rusher (batman).
He is picking his shots with guns, playing excellent footsies, antiairing with swordflip, mixing up when close and ambiguously crossing up when scoring a knockdown.

As most of DS mains already stated you play Stroke in a more balanced style now. Slips is an amazing player but DS looks very viable

Axel_Redd

He is picking his shots with guns, playing excellent footsies, antiairing with swordflip, mixing up when close and ambiguously crossing up when scoring a knockdown.

As most of DS mains already stated you play Stroke in a more balanced style now. Slips is an amazing player but DS looks very viable
let me know when the recent matches are archived or on youtube then so i can watch.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

Viable, but not good. Can't say the same about BA and Supes though.

Also, aren't you the Grundy player that I ran sets with? I didn't know you were on TYM.

Axel_Redd

Viable, but not good. Can't say the same about BA and Supes though.

Also, aren't you the Grundy player that I ran sets with? I didn't know you were on TYM.
like i said, the game is still starting out, theres no reason not to think that he wont get a buff in the near future.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Slips and Aris are playing him the correct way, I personally don't like it when people say "Play like this guy" I mean yeah sure, he's doing it the correct way, but if you play like him, you're gonna have his bad tendencies too. I may be over thinking it but...yeah. Play like them, but add your own shit to the mix.