What's new

Question - Scorpion How do u guys time s3 on crossups?

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Hey guys. from what I've heard and what I know, s3 is a really good AA but I've heard it can do ok against crossups. do any of u guys have any tips on how I should time s3 on crossups and the only times I can seem to AA anyone with s3 is on a timed and sometimes predicted jump in as I have to settle for d2 on crossups which I find risky at times as it can have a bad habit of whiffing or it won't autocorrect itself

Matix218

Get over here!
As amazing as s3 is as a straight on anti air i have mixed results using it on crossups. Sometimes against characters with slower jump arcs or less potent jump ins i still go for it but i have more consistant success in actual matches against characters with really strong jump ins (like sub zero jump 1 as an example) going for d2. I'd love to hear more feedback on this from other scorpion mains as well.

Matix218

Get over here!
I like using standing 1. I feel like it's got a better vertical hitbox than standing 3. Plus I don't have to settle for a spear at the beginning of my combo like I do with 3. 3 into tele whiffs sometimes when using it as AA crossup.
Ill have to try standing 1 to compare it to standing 3. Whichever is more consistant is what i will use. Id rather sacrifice damage on the combo to have a higher % chance that the anti air will work personally, but if standing 1 is truly better in both respects that would be great!

ESP-_BLACK

best proclaimed hellfire scorpion
depends on who you fighting against. for example if you were to s3 kung jin on cross up, stand 3 would whiff if the kung jin player does a jump attack

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
I like using standing 1. I feel like it's got a better vertical hitbox than standing 3. Plus I don't have to settle for a spear at the beginning of my combo like I do with 3. 3 into tele whiffs sometimes when using it as AA crossup.
s1 is pretty much the GOAT vs most of the cast. S1 jk~tele into combo is also one of the swaggiest anti airs lol.
Thank you, I'll definitely try to implement s1 as a AA. from what I've tried s3 into raw tp works out tho I'd use ex TP to guarantee it from whiffing when I do it

Matix218

Get over here!
I use s3~tele, s3~spear on straight jump ins and it works great. On crossovers depending on the character if you do s3 on a crossover AA the tele will whiff so s3~spear is more consistant in a crossover situation.

I tried out s1 on anti crossover and it is not bad, it seems to get stuffed by really good jips like sub zero jump over 1 but its decent and gives you a better combo

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If you're getting hit out of standing 3, on crossups, its because their jump attack is being made off the regular arc to hit someone on neutral crouch, if you can predict jump arcs and trajectories where it cannot hit you in you crouch, you will simply neutral duck those and trip guard punish with 214~tp