What's new

How do some MK11 content creators getting so many views?

Hi TYM forum, this is sth Ive been asking myself for a while and I have noticed this with quite many MK11 or other fighting game youtube channels as well.
Just for instance look at the MK11 youtube content uploader Raivazz, he has only 3k subscribers, but he gets 30k - 40k views for each single video which gets uploaded.
Where do the other 27000 views for each single video he uploads come from with only 3k subscribers?

Raivazz for instance only uploads replays of himself playing MK11 without any commentary.

Also Emri MK11, last time I checked he had like 4k subscribers, but he gets 20k - 100k views for each single video.

Im asking myself as a content creator where do all these views come from and how do each single of your videos get so many views with only 3k subscribers and without any website actually promoting your content.
I asked Raivazz once what his secret is and all he said was "knowing how youtube works will help you" - this doesn't help me much.
Is it the youtube tags a person uses, or the thumbnail or the title of a video which gets your video at youtube's recommended page every single time to get more views or is there sth else these youtubers have been doing to get
their videos so popular?
This is something I really can't explain and I would really appreciate, if anyone can give me tips or explain it to me how youtube actually works like this.
Because whenever I ask one of these youtubers I always get an answer like the one above " knowing how youtube works will help" or "Liang, you just need to make better videos"

Some of you might know me, Ive been creating fighting game content - tutorials, combo vids, montages & highlight videos since over 10 years mainly for SF, but also other fighting games.
Eventhubs and SRK forums have been supporting me and promoting my videos over all this time, when they promote my videos I can get about 10k views, but without
any promotion of a website my videos usually average only 3k views.

Sometimes Im working 3-4 weeks just on one single video, everyday I come home from work I sit @ my PC and start working up to 3 hours on a new video & ending up releasing a video after 2 weeks just getting
2-3k views is really discouraging.
I love fighting games, but working on videos can take away a lot of real life time.

Probably many ppl wont read all this, but thanks to anyone who actually does.
I would really appreciate any tip from any other fighting game youtube content creator can give me here.
Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Samsara

Resident Cynic
The YouTube algorithm is bizarre. Upload the right video at the right time with the right title and you get hits. But it's not luck.

Its about capitalizing on what is big and what is currently being searched for. Google takes the users search and browser habits into account, and can likely 'predict' where a user's interest will be at any given time.

It's not even about subscriber count. Any kind of engagement (like comment or dislike) will drive your video higher on reccomended lists. Its ALL about the reccomended list.

You dont need to be sought out for views, you just have to be the video they click on when they are done watching the content they were looking for.

Become familiar with what your target audience seeks out and you can essentially ride the coattails of larger content creators.

Take twitch highlights for example. There will always be people who watch destiny or hasan on twitch and then seek them out on YouTube. If you frequently watch those content creators, YouTube considers that an interest in the TOPIC of 'destiny' or the topic of 'Hasan' or the topic of 'twitch streamers'.

Once that happens, your reccomend list will fill out with videos on that topic regardless of whether or not Hasan or destiny uploaded them. Its only natural that you click on these smaller channels' videos from time to time.

The more 'marketable' your video is to viewers with an interest in that same topic will determine your success.

Last edited:

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Im trying to figure out that formula myself. Ive been discouraged from time to time to even upload videos period, but i try to find ways to get views and work on my sub count. I wish I can tell you what works :(

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think youtube rewards people who post often or almost every day, so if you're consistent with that, youtube will seem to promote your stuff more.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
It's a combination of clickbait and stealing content
THAT PART! There's alot of creators who dont even create. They just take matches or tournament footage from other people and simply upload them to their old channel. Theres a big argument on both sides being made at one side calling em being a VULTURE profiting from other people's content, but theres the other side that says it gives more attention to the game & scene w/ the players dont even upload the footage themselves.

I dunno man....stealing is stealing. I wish the FGC would really put their foot down on this type of shit.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I think youtube rewards people who post often or almost every day, so if you're consistent with that, youtube will seem to promote your stuff more.
They look at video length, level of viewer engagement, and recidivism.

If you upload often enough to establish a viewer base, its then easier for YouYube to 'analyze' or collect data on your viewership.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
They look at video length, level of viewer engagement, and recidivism.

If you upload often enough to establish a viewer base, its then easier for YouYube to 'analyze' or collect data on your viewership.
Ah yeah, that makes sense, they want the most bang for their buck. That's why starting is slow, but once you get the ball rolling you can go from 10k to 20k in a matter of weeks.

From my experience timing has something to do with it. My most viewed video was loot unboxing tmnt for injustice 2 and I mostly have wwe2k gaming on my channel. I say just be yourself and be consistence with uploading and you will get some kind of audience.

The YouTubers that I know that “made it” just uploaded videos because it was fun including me. Just have fun with it.

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
what i noticed after MK11 people started uploading MK9 STORY MODE CLIPS and getting like thousands of views suddenly.

3 years ago Ive be posting videos more consistent like Im doing nowadays, but even back then Ive never really figured out that youtube algorithm many youtubers these days have already figured out.
If I look at Fredchukdave who has 26k subscribers, he uploads 8-10 videos each day, but most of his videos only average 100-500 views with 26k subscribers.
I don't really think that this has sth to do with how often you upload videos.

While Fredchukdave does the same by uploading MK11 replays with way more subscribers than Raivazz, Fredchukdave can't even get close to the views Raivazz is getting.
The youtuber Raivazz ( with only 3k subscribers ) Ive mentioned above uploads 1 or 2 videos per week but since every single of his uploads is getting 27k+ views he has actually figured out that youtube algorithm to get his videos on top of youtube's recommended main page.
I think Samsara is right & it is most likely the way he titles his videos with sth like "the highest ranked Raiden etc" and the tags and maybe sth else I don't know.

this one even has 230k views which is pretty insane

it's a shame your videos get so few views. i love the music you use. keep it up wish you the best.
Thanks you.
And thanks to everyone for the feedback.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
3 years ago Ive be posting videos more consistent like Im doing nowadays, but even back then Ive never really figured out that youtube algorithm many youtubers these days have already figured out.
If I look at Fredchukdave who has 26k subscribers, he uploads 8-10 videos each day, but most of his video only average 100-500 views with 26k subscribers.

While Fredchukdave does the same by uploading MK11 replays with way more subscribers than Raivazz, Fredchukdave can't even get close to the views Raivazz is getting.
The youtuber Raivazz ( with only 3k subscribers ) Ive mentioned above uploads 1 or 2 videos per week but since every single of his uploads is getting 27k+ views he has actually figured out that youtube algorithm to get his videos on top of youtube's recommended main page.
I think Samsara is right & it is most likely the way he titles his videos with sth like "the highest ranked Raiden etc" and the tags and maybe sth else I don't know.

Thanks you.
Yeah titles, thumbnails and tags have a lot to do with it for sure. I had one of my videos go 'viral' but like months after I posted it so I'm not sure how that really works, to be honest. I think it may have to do with all of a sudden search volume increasing in certain tags. My video has like 36k views and I have 2k subs.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
What gets so many views, from what I have seen, is click-baiting titles and "leak" videos. It's sort of like how Dynasty got popular, he became a "news" channel for fighting games and never really showed off super competitive gameplay just because that wasn't him. I don't knock him for his craft, especially because so many youtubers, especially those relating to drama or news, sacrifice a lot in order to post and make videos as things happen.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Straight up a lot of people buy views. They may not be real. People think that if their video has a lot of views people will think the video is good and will be more likely to click.

I don’t know if the guys you mentioned are doing that but given their sub numbers it’s definitely possible.

Also, MK11 is new and popular. People are seeking out the content.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Straight up a lot of people buy views. They may not be real. People think that if their video has a lot of views people will think the video is good and will be more likely to click.

I don’t know if the guys you mentioned are doing that but given their sub numbers it’s definitely possible.

Also, MK11 is new and popular. People are seeking out the content.
yeah, that's true, not sure why people would buy views it's not real traffic and doesn't bring people to your channel. And for the most part, it seems the YT algorithm knows this and won't promote these videos.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
yeah, that's true, not sure why people would buy views it's not real traffic and doesn't bring people to your channel. And for the most part, it seems the YT algorithm knows this and won't promote these videos.
like @Cashual said, it's kind of psychological. Are you more likely to watch a video with 300 views, or 30,000 views? They might be fake views, but they still bring up the numbers, and so much of YouTube and the world in general is a number game and people like to be in the majority/ seeing what everyone else is seeing.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
like @Cashual said, it's kind of psychological. Are you more likely to watch a video with 300 views, or 30,000 views? They might be fake views, but they still bring up the numbers, and so much of YouTube and the world in general is a number game and people like to be in the majority/ seeing what everyone else is seeing.
I honestly will watch any video regardless of the views, if it's good then it's good. But it's true that the majority of people do go for the videos with the most views.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
Video quailty , if the player knows how to play the game, if he or she tourment player helps... What can you bring entertainemnt wighs . Look at Asmgold , hes not great wow player but he will make you laugh or roll your eyes. SELF PROMOTION. As much as you can ,.

trufenix

bye felicia
If I look at Fredchukdave who has 26k subscribers, he uploads 8-10 videos each day, but most of his videos only average 100-500 views with 26k subscribers.

Thanks you.
This here is the clear illustration of the difference between a youtuber with help (or is paying for it), and one who has done it "the hard way". Raivazz has 2 only months (2 MONTHS) of videos made public, and yet every single one one has between 30-50k views. Think about that, he's not even a top player, he's not here or any of the other big competitive sites, but he's still crushing it.

Now look at the likes / dislikes on any video, maybe a thousand. Even if you double that and say 1000 people watched it and felt no need to click, that means 10k+ (At least) views came from sources that either did not (or could not) have access to the like buttons. That means embeds, shares, spiders, and robots. Which is not hate, shout outs to him for working the system, but that's what it is, he's working the system. He's not "just making videos and being popular". He's on somebody or something else's shoulders.

Again, don't sweat it. Your audience will tell you what it wants, and they will follow you. Don't get jelly and try to do it someone else's way because all those people are already watching someone else. Do it your way and enjoy the "real" success.

That's my recommendation at least.