What's new

Question - Sun God How do Kotal's Tick Throws work even

gongfuren

Arma Virumque Cano
Well the first one at least is incorrect, there's no such thing as a 0 frame gap. 1~sun choke has a 1 frame gap because you can backdash it since backdashes have at least 1 invincibility frame at the start of the backdash. Also how did you come to the conclusion B1~DB2 is a 2 (or rather it should be 3) frame gap?
0f gap (aka no gap) exists because the active frame of the command grab happens on the first possible frame after blockstun. The defender is able to input something because the blockstun wore off, but the grab goes into active frames in that same frame. Think of it like a meaty attack, where the defender's first possible frame to input something is also the frame in which an attack is connecting with them.

Backdashes are invincible on the very first frame. Therefore, if you input the backdash to go off right when blockstun wears off in a 0f gap tick grab situation, the backdash will immediately grant the defender invincibility.

2f gap calculation is in my post before: https://testyourmight.com/threads/how-do-kotals-tick-throws-work-even.62692/#post-2221066
There are 2 frames in which the grab is still in startup (not yet active), but the defender is not in blockstun.

Dont stress yourself too much, just play the game and learn it bro. All that data on paper means absolutely nothing! To prove it, add me on PSN...B-Rabbit154. We'll play a F to 10 and I will mop you...and I dont know or even care what terms like blockstun, recovery frames, active frames etc. even mean.

CmC_HAt

Noob
1rs excuse my english

i have a friend that dont stop of doing f1, 2 (stay plus), and then d1, d1 , sun choke
im frustrated , im playing mileena ravenous and i dont know what to do
someone can help me???

E

Eldriken

1rs excuse my english

i have a friend that dont stop of doing f1, 2 (stay plus), and then d1, d1 , sun choke
im frustrated , im playing mileena ravenous and i dont know what to do
someone can help me???
f12 isn't plus. It's like -1 or -2 with pushback.

If your friend is doing f12 > d1 > d1 and you're letting him get away with it, that's on you, dude. After his blocked d1, if he tries ANYTHING afterwards other than blocking, you can check him with something else. Your own d1, ball roll, etc. Don't let him sit there and bully you while he's in negative frames.

If he likes to d1~Sun Choke (db2) or any other type of tick throw, jump (neutral or crossover) or armor on a read.

CmC_HAt

Noob
thank you i´ll consider it,
but is hard to jump over him, has a good reactions and kothal anti-airs means 40 %
u know..

E

Eldriken

thank you i´ll consider it,
but is hard to jump over him, has a good reactions and kothal anti-airs means 40 %
u know..
If your friend does d1~Sun Choke and you jump over it, he has over 50 frames of recovery before he can do anything. You're gonna be well on your way to smacking the hell out of him for a full combo during that point.

CmC_HAt

Noob
wait
a ver, lets see
d1 (on block) sun choke - if i junp i can punish ok
but
d1 (on hit) sun choke () - i cant do anything,, can i do .. somethinG?

E

Eldriken

wait
a ver, lets see
d1 (on block) sun choke - if i junp i can punish ok
but
d1 (on hit) sun choke () - i cant do anything,, can i do .. somethinG?
If he does d1 on hit into Sun Choke, it will whiff and you get to slap him again for that.