What's new

How do I stop Kung Lao?

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
STB Espio, i don't think this guy is talking about MK9:p

He is talking about UMK3 Kung, AKA "uncle kung"
Oh okay...I just didn't see UMK3 or MK2 listed, just Fightng Philosophy, so I was completely thrown off, nevermind, disregard my posts.

I was just trying to be helpful Nobility jeeze lol.

NobilityV3

Smalls deep.
Do you play on Kaillera ever? I've been making this kid (who goes by a million different names) rage quit vs my Kung Lao lately. His corner infinite is cheap, his mid-screens are harder, on Kaillera I don't see many Lao players, let alone ones doing his mid-screens. Every now and then you'll see one, and its refreshing to see in a way.

I'm learning how to throw in some teleports during his corner infinite, at least so its not as lame looking.
No, but you still should be ashamed.

Oh okay...I just didn't see UMK3 or MK2 listed, just Fightng Philosophy, so I was completely thrown off, nevermind, disregard my posts.

I was just trying to be helpful Nobility jeeze lol.

How did you not see "H.Smoke", it was in the very line of my post. I appreciate the effort though.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Don't use csub against lao jaja

but if you're loyal to your character, just bait his moves. Most kung laos want to get close by diving kick their way, so don't get too close or too far, so you can be ready to block his dive kicks. From there, hp xxground ice and full combo. I've heard kung lao is easy to relaunch but I never practiced relaunchers in this game. And as for his teleport, you just have to download the player's style and learn when they are going for it. Everyone has a pattern. You can uppercut their tlpt or maybe even a slide. Always blockjab his wake up spins attempts so he starts respecting you. That's when you go for the classic jab xxground ice, mix up with normal freeze if they jump.

Oh, and don't let them throw a single hat in mid distance without punishing!

Hope that helps, man

No, but you still should be ashamed.

How did you not see "H.Smoke", it was in the very line of my post. I appreciate the effort though.
you might fare better if you stop being an angry asshat. oh ok, so we're supposed to gage all posts ON AN MK9 FORUM by a context clue in the preface to the relevant part of the post? no dipshit, if you're going to expect people to know you're talking about MK3 post in the mk3 subforum. Especially dont disrespect people for trying to help. GTFO

you might fare better if you stop being an angry asshat. oh ok, so we're supposed to gage all posts ON AN MK9 FORUM by a context clue in the preface to the relevant part of the post? no dipshit, if you're going to expect people to know you're talking about MK3 post in the mk3 subforum. Especially dont disrespect people for trying to help. GTFO
This isn't a MK9 forum. Its a forum dedicated to all Mortal Kombat games. This thread is clearly placed within the UMK3 subforums and you can see the pathways at the top and bottom of the page (Home> Forums> Mortal Kombat Classics> Mortal Kombat Classics> Ultimate/MortalKombat 3/ Trilogy> Fighting Philosophy). I think the problem is that when some people look at the recent threads, they automatically assume its about MK9 since its the most popular Mortal Kombat game at the time.

Nobility V3 You can try to work a reverse buffered ice blast into your mixups. Try glitch jabbing with LPs while buffering the Down, Forward motion in reverse to catch a Kung Lao teleporter when he crosses your axis and is about to attack. I haven't tested it myself, so I'm not sure if C.Sub's ice blast comes out fast enough. Reverse buffering a spear with Robot Smoke works well at catching Kung Lao in a teleport.

NobilityV3

Smalls deep.
NinjaGrinder Yeah, I do like to stay loyal to my character even though the matchup is pretty uneven. Although, the only advantage I hold over Lao when it comes to C.Sub is that he's easy to re-launch for me. So whenever I'm down to a Kung Lao, I attempt to go for as many re-launches as possible to gain the lead again. I'll also take your advice of blockjabbing his spins, although I'd rather freeze...I mean, the issue really is me not knowing when he's going to spin. I'll check that out though, thanks a lot.

@DJ L "Hulk" Toro First of all, he made a joke about me being someone who ragequit on Kaillera, so I made a joke back. Cool it. Secondly, I don't see how me saying "I appreciate the effort" is being an "angry asshat dipshit". Instead, you contradict yourself, and now you're the one looking like an ass. Don't derail my thread again. Thank you. How's that for polite?

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
NinjaGrinder Yeah, I do like to stay loyal to my character even though the matchup is pretty uneven. Although, the only advantage I hold over Lao when it comes to C.Sub is that he's easy to re-launch for me. So whenever I'm down to a Kung Lao, I attempt to go for as many re-launches as possible to gain the lead again. I'll also take your advice of blockjabbing his spins, although I'd rather freeze...I mean, the issue really is me not knowing when he's going to spin. I'll check that out though, thanks a lot.
I meant when they start respecting your blockjabs (when they try a wake up spin), they'll eventually stop doing the spins (sometimes at least). When they are afraid of wasting a spin and getting punished (by your freeze), you can try and snuff a lp xxice gorund like I said :)