What's new

How do I improve my reaction time?

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
I am getting real frustrated with my self because I always can sense a specific move my opponent is about to use but that part of my brain doesn't connect to the reaction part of it. I can tell when they are going to throw but I can't tech because the reaction is always afrer the rest of the move. Same with punishing strings, I can forshadows 212 but I don't take the oppritunity to S2 before his last hit. Does anyone have any tips on how to practice this in the lab?

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Are you playing online or offline? Are you using a monitor ?
Mostly online and on PS4. When I'm offline its mostly towers of time.
record the dummy with several of these actions, set the playback to random and grind to counter react to them in the trainingsmode.
Sounds like a good plan, thanks for the advice
Yeah playback helps, same principle as teams watching film after a game. You'll see things and be like "what the hell was I thinking?" Lol
Watching playbacks is such a pain but I understand why its so benificial. And their definitely were times when watching playbacks I was like "Why did I low block and overhead?"' Lol

Gaxkang

Banned
I cannot comment about offline but with online I'd say there isn't much you can do. Outside of just being pre-emptive a lot...reaction just doesn't work so wel.

If you are crouch blocking and you see Jade's slow overhead and you adjust your block, most likely you will still get hit by it. For example.

I style MK11 as an on the rails fighter, really. Reaction not meaning much.

Landonio

n00b
record the dummy with several of these actions, set the playback to random and grind to counter react to them in the trainingsmode.
How do you get rid of the icon at the top that tells you what recording they're about to do though.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
How do you get rid of the icon at the top that tells you what recording they're about to do though.
I’ve seen people hang a piece of paper over it. Or you can just try your best to ignore it and focus on the character.