What's new

Question How do I fight Jax?

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
I asked this in the "ask smoke." tread but no on answered :_:.

I'm really pretty dumb founded for this MU. Once he's in Dash punch rang it's all kind of a guess. when I'm up close ( with what little up close game Smoke has ), It's not much of a threat for Jax seeing that he is covered in armor.
any and all help would be great =)

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
You need to have amazing footsies to be a problem to Jax in this MU, since your hitbox is a lost cause.

-Be careful doing smoke aways or smoke forwards on wakeup, Jax players can bait that with a ground pound.
-Whiff punish any and all offense that Jax brings to the table and be EXTREMELY aware of Jax's mixup game. React to his high-low game. Don't be one of those players that just keeps falling for his f413, this isn't 2011.
-Be extremely patient with Jax in the corner, that's where Smoke has very little hope. D1 (be careful of naked D1, that's a 100% combo punish on block in the corner). D1 ex smoke away would probably work beautifully in the corner.
-If Jax tries to ground pound you, please smoke bomb punish, plz?
-Master your smoke reset, that would make any and all Jax have more respect with their offense.
-On Jax's wakeup, punish his overhead and DP on a read with a full combo. I think if Smoke ducks Jaxs DP, he can 21 full punish.

If you read dash punch you can d4 d1 sb juggle for combo. If you read a non ex os you can d1 d1 sb

Otherwise the dude above me pretty much has it nailed, you kinda have to d4 a crap ton in this mu

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
If you read dash punch you can d4 d1 sb juggle for combo. If you read a non ex os you can d1 d1 sb

Otherwise the dude above me pretty much has it nailed, you kinda have to d4 a crap ton in this mu
21SB will do you, everything over 12 frames is a bit harder to catch with.
This is 1 fight I can actually give Jax tbh, dash punch SBs on reaction, F413 to death on block.

Just try to keep him midscreen.

D

Deleted member 9158

For the average Jax scrub online, simply ducking and unleashing tons of uppercuts will solve them.

I always find keeping my distance is the best way to deal with Jax. So whiff punish like crazy with that there projectile of yours and you should be fine.

Oh and never, ever jump on Jax. His D1 and standing 1 and 2 are amazing AA's.