What's new

How do I escape the car setup?

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Be more specific. But, if it's the setup I'm thinking of, any invincible--body moving wake-up should work.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
wait so I am dead once I am in that loop?
havent seen it before so I wasnt sure I am playing DS and Batman
UKDrone did that on me
If they have the meter, yes, they could kill you. I've never heard of anyone backdashing the car bomb before if the setup is done right.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
wait so I am dead once I am in that loop?
havent seen it before so I wasnt sure I am playing DS and Batman
UKDrone did that on me
It's not an infinite. You are always able to backdash otherwise it would combo into the bomb and not relaunch.

RM Truth

It's not an infinite. You are always able to backdash otherwise it would combo into the bomb and not relaunch.
Active frames are probably too long to backdash safely. Either that, or it's really hard to backdash. I've never seen anyone pull that off in a real match before.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Active frames are probably too long to backdash safely. Either that, or it's really hard to backdash. I've never seen anyone pull that off in a real match before.
I've tested it. It's not that hard, you just buffer in the backdash. Batgirl can, however, delay the bomb so you get hit after the invincibility frames run out. Basically, if you are close to the car, dash towards the car. If you are far from the car, dash away from the car.

RM Truth

I've tested it. It's not that hard, you just buffer in the backdash. Batgirl can, however, delay the bomb so you get hit after the invincibility frames run out. Basically, if you are close to the car, dash towards the car. If you are far from the car, dash away from the car.
We're talking about after bola cross over j2 right?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
We're talking about after bola cross over j2 right?
No, that's for the smoke bomb version, for bola crossover j2 you just backdash. The basic mechanic is built into the game. Unless you are being otg'd or combo'd you can always wakeup or backdash on frame 1.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
i assumed we were talking about the MB Bola version...
MB Bola? You mean MB Smokebomb? Either way they are both escapable unless you have a bola setup where you can whiff a normal and connect a bomb while still in the bola… that might work.

E

Eldriken

What is this bomb loop that you're all talking about? I don't think I've ever seen it, much less heard of it.

astronout

see you at the top.
MB Bola? You mean MB Smokebomb? Either way they are both escapable unless you have a bola setup where you can whiff a normal and connect a bomb while still in the bola… that might work.
i actually meant mb smokebomb, but if what you said about whiffing the normal and doing mb bola works, then i meant that ;)

astronout

see you at the top.
What is this bomb loop that you're all talking about? I don't think I've ever seen it, much less heard of it.
the above video is not an optimized way of taking a life bar but it demonstrates the concept effectively.

there's also meterless version which is the one that is 100% escapable.

Like I said I havent seen it before and I dont play batgirl so Im not sure what that player actually did and what tools she has
I will try to record it when I face UKdrone again , he was laughing while doing this loop & saying sth like ye I know thats cheap and you cant get out of it or sth over his voice chat
I will try to backdash or w/e works

the above video is not an optimized way of taking a life bar but it demonstrates the concept effectively.

ye thats the one he did it on the other car stage though, didnt pay attention whether he was using meter or not

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
That one's really easy to escape. You just backdash. After she connects a bola she jumps over 2 into either 12, 11 or f21 plant bomb. Just backdash and punish.

This is the optimized version of the mb version. I don't think anyone recorded the meterless version yet though…

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Ok, bola jump, ji2, plant bomb can be beat with armour or back dash (you have close to 4-6 frames iirc)

Smoke bomb version (if done perfectly) can only be escaped with a just frame back dash. Holding up will also work; you will get hit by the interactable, but not launched for full combo.