What's new

Question How do I deal with pokers?

Oonaugh

You. Are. Disposable.
Hello there,

I've been losing so many games, due to an immense amount of people poking, spamming d1s constantly. Which really puts me off guard, and I end up losing my patience and doing something stupid.

I mostly use Erron Black in online nowadays. Because he seems to be the only char that fits well to my playstyle.

Im not the kind of guy to be exchanging pokes with my opponents, tbh. Is there a certain way of dealing with it? Because 9 times out of 10 im losing matches constantly because of it.

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
If you're at frame advantage/after a stagger you could follow up with a mid or do a poke yourself to beat out a poke. You could take a step back and whiff punish the poke (for example, after quan's f212, walk back and do b1xxRune EX. It'll catch the poke after it whiffed). Also, just blocking is not even a bad idea. The oponnent is at frame disadvantage after he poked so it's your turn.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
You play Leatherface friend? Cuz if so I can help a ton with the poke/counter poke meta he has

Hello there,

I've been losing so many games, due to an immense amount of people poking, spamming d1s constantly. Which really puts me off guard, and I end up losing my patience and doing something stupid.

I mostly use Erron Black in online nowadays. Because he seems to be the only char that fits well to my playstyle.

Im not the kind of guy to be exchanging pokes with my opponents, tbh. Is there a certain way of dealing with it? Because 9 times out of 10 im losing matches constantly because of it.
Take a step back and punish them. :D

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Ya i dont play him anymore, people are not fooled by his berserker cancels
Well he's got more solid stuff than that but regardless, with Erron Black you're going to want to challenge those pokes with your own poke. If you see that poke hit then it's your turn again. If he is consistently blocking the poke, start throwing out S2.

Matix218

Get over here!
What does 'jail' mean?
Jail means that you can go directly into that move/string without any gap for it to be interrupted/armored. If for example your d1 jails (on hit) into your b3 that means that when you hit your opponent with a d1 and you follow up with a b3 your opponent cannot do anything but block. If they try to armor or poke or anything it will not work because your d1's hit advantage is a higher number than the start up frames for your b3 (in my above example) so there is no gap.

Does that make sense?

Matix218

Get over here!
The best answer to your original question is to counter poke after blocking your opponents poke (because they are negative) and if it hits initiate your own offense. That is how you stop people from just doing d1, d1, d1 etc. Because if they d1 (and you block it) and they try another d1, your d1 will come out first because of the frame advantage you gained from blocking their first d1.

Wigy

There it is...
Lol for anyone who thinks they have it hard.

Bo's only mid can pretty much get low profiled by goro jumping on stilts. His d1 and d3 are shocking on hit.. Like +8-9

You have like 2 frames to jail the f1, which has no range so often whiffs. Good fun

Last edited:

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
Hello there,

Poke them into submission

As erron you wanna poke back for the most part if your d1 is out of range then use d4. once they start respecting your d1/d4 then you can do s2 or b33 or anything

Plymarco

Worst Kitana ever?
Certain characters' d1s have really impressive range, such as Kitana's, idk how ill manage that
For Kitana in particular her d1 has range but she is only at plus 3 if she hits you. That doesn't guarantee her anything. Its also at minus 9 if you block it i believe. If you block that then its your turn. Try poking back or walking back.