What's new

How do I cancel into Lumbar Check (DBF2) without doing Rack Off (DB2) by accident?

Yamborghini High

Live and Die by the Shimmy
I’m still getting used to the command grabs in this game but what’s the best way to input lumbar check?

Tick throws are pretty easy
The F2 ender is inconsistent tho, either nothing happens or DB2 comes out

methademic

UPR Methademic
I treat it as db (or quarter circle back) and then f2 as far as the command itself, as for your problem you are probably getting a sloppy input trying to dial it in asap, just chill and clean up the input and you should be good

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
You're pressing 2 too early if Rack Off is coming out. Turn your inputs on and really study what you are doing wrong.

Also, if nothing is coming out after F2, you might be inputing the command grab too quickly. The cancel window for F4 is huge, but it does't startup immediately after the F4 starts.

Practice makes perfect when it comes to the command grab input. It'll become second nature after a while if you stick with a command grab character long enough.

Espio

Kokomo
I have this problem with Barking Irons Erron Black if I rush the input.

If you slow it down and don't input the button press until after you've done the full down, back, forward that will make all the difference in the world 100%.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Do it a bit slower, you don't need to do it at break neck speeds because need to make sure that you did the f after db. If you are using a pad, click the arrows one by one, unless you're used to using the slide motion then as other people said use a quarter circle motion on the pad. Just practice doing it in combos over and over from both sides and you'll get it.