What's new

How Did You Pick Your FGC/Gamer Name/Handle?

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
I was 16 and it started as Young T 305. My twin brother was PimpTight 305 (305 is the area code for Miami).

Whenever we entered a room to play Rainbow Six Vegas my friends would sing "PimpTight and YounTeezy" in the style of Akon from the song he collaborated with Young Jeezy titled "Soul Survivor".

Its 10 seconds into this video:

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I was huge into the now deceased game (RIP) City of Heroes and my handle was actually a character I used at the time (early to mid 00's). Naming convention fit the theme of the super group and it just sort of stuck. Phonetically I just liked how it sounded and recycled it for my PSN.

TL/DR: I'm a nerd.
CoH was so great! The only MMO I ever really loved.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
If fighting is balanced, i can pick character, if his skin and exterior design is good. But, anyway, i will look for simple input, universal options (good close and range options, no weak side) and high or more tier.
In NRS games, where is high tier is much more stronger, that in, for example, in soul calibur (in soul calibur more more chances to win tournaments with low and mid tier, that in NRS games), there is no other options - first of all i make list of s-tier and high-tier characters and "whores" and choose from that list character for my gameplay style.

KaZakame = It's how I would say kamikaze as a kid, so I capitalised the Z so that my name is there. This was my original XBL handle.

GeoffBedlam = I'm named after Zakk Wylde whose real name is Jeff. Go figure. Bedlam just sounds cool and I have my own philosophy attached to it, so yeah. I started using this in 2012/2013 when I really started playing MK9/IGAU seriously.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
I've got this name for like 15-16 years right now :D. Well I probably won't ever change it.

Wam(pire) Zlay(er)

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Well Espio is originally a character from Sonic the hedgehog and is one of the more obscure, underused characters. I primarily play obscure, underused characters that are often low tier or underappreciated in some way (Goro, Stryker, Jade, Cheetah, Hawkgirl, Blue Beetle, Zafina, etc). Espio is also known for being level headed and strategic.

I very much like that one time I went to a tournament and somebody said, "Who the fuck is Espio!?" I damn near fell over in laughter because it encapsulates me as a person, the characters I go for and my style.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Before they learned to pronounce my real name I got stuck with "Tanno", which incidentially is the Japanese version of my real name (Thanos), which in Japanese means "Land of the Red Soil", and the latter comes from Athanasios, which in Ancient Greek means "Undead".

Used to have 2 old nicks, but I finally switched to the one I'm well known since then.

Well, now the memes about Thanos helped everyone to pronounce it correctly.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
My current one took derp creativity but my past gamer tag- yobish33 was inspired by a real life experience at a Target.

While shopping in the bathroom section, a dude with a thick new york accent shouts to his girlfriend down the isle: "Yo bish, do we need bath towels?" And that's how I made yobish33
lmao, I live in NYC as well. I know exactly what you're talking about, this is like standard English(if you can call t that) from ghetto people. I work there, I know exactly what you mean. I always thought your current tag was because you loved NY Pizza or you were a TMNT fan.:D

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Well Espio is originally a character from Sonic the hedgehog and is one of the more obscure, underused characters. I primarily play obscure, underused characters that are often low tier or underappreciated in some way (Goro, Stryker, Jade, Cheetah, Hawkgirl, Blue Beetle, Zafina, etc). Espio is also known for being level headed and strategic.

I very much like that one time I went to a tournament and somebody said, "Who the fuck is Espio!?" I damn near fell over in laughter because it encapsulates me as a person, the characters I go for and my style.
fucking hipsters smh

Sauce Houston simple really
Sauce comes from Houston that like our city way of saying (swag) plus my favorite rappers inna group called Sauce Twins or TSF DripSet and Houston because that’s my city
KH | SauceHouston

KuralKing

Never forget The Great Ferra/Torr Scare!
From where i'm from "Cural" is an area where all sort of animals are kept and we used to joke in highschool that our class was full of animals and i was the king of those animals so i became King of Kural with a K because it's cool. Then shortened to KuralKing because of email reasons.

Toodrunk2combo

Sub and kotal FTW
My name should be self explanatory . So for me I used to work the closing shift a couple years back and I loved mkx. After practicing I would go online to play people while drinking for as long as I could handle it. Once I got too drunk to combo I would stop for the night.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Couldnt think of a handle in 2009 when i came back from nigeria. I liked samurai but it sounded so generic so i took my name (Ryan) and shortened it to Rye (my Nigerian friends called me that), one of my favorite colors (silver) and jammed them in different ways until i got SylverRye. I added a y instead of an i because it looked better to me. Weird ass name but i kept it.

People usually just call me Rye or Sylver anyway but yeah lol.

Lokheit

Noob
During my childhood I navigated through various usernames, some of them just funny, until some day I created a name just because I liked the way it sounded for a character and I've been using it since then. It doesn't really mean anything I just liked the result.

The complete version for games where characters have surnames is actually Lokheit Adikke.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
During my childhood I navigated through various usernames, some of them just funny, until some day I created a name just because I liked the way it sounded for a character and I've been using it since then. It doesn't really mean anything I just liked the result.

The complete version for games where characters have surnames is actually Lokheit Adikke.
Sounds somewhat like what the Dragoon says in Starcraft.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Well, this name was made because I wanted to finally join TYM instead of lurk, but I was kinda being stalked by a former friend who was a poster on here at the time. Secondsaint was just the first alliterative sounding name that came to mind.

Typically I go by Coin Flip in most other places, because I play NRS games and I know what I'm about.