What's new

How Did You Choose Your Main?

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Shinnok/Brainiac
Are they evil?
Are they not top tier?
Are they the main evil character?
Are they annoying to fight or have a personality?
Can I mimic their personality irl?
When doing their super can I mimic it irl and not look totally stupid?

If 2 of any of those are checked off then you best believe imma play them.

Edit: grammar and spelling

Last edited:
Mk9 was the only reason I continued to use her in mkx (in 2015 release I definitley wouldn't have picked her up). So with that said:

MK9 KITANA

She literally cut your face. I was and still am all about that cutting your face shit.

Combos were hella Kreygasm (mkx too- its juat that very few perform her optimal Kreygasm corner combos).

She got them footsies and the damage to match

Fan cancels

Stabs you in the eyes then says "Get up" KREYGASM

D'vorah

@HoneyBee

And I liked her mkx art render and wanted to see for myself what she was really about in practice mode. Loved her game instantly.

Tanya

Played thouusands of games against @RunwayMafia 's Tanya. She was so gross. Then she got normalized. I tried her out. Loved her. Still use her.

It all starts with the essence of the character in terms of the aesthetics. But then they need the moves to match in lab. Try to figure out your own game plan in lab, expand on it in ranked, and go from there

-------------------
SFV

Karin

All started because I loved her laugh in character select screen. Tried her out in practice mode

-godlike normals compared to everyone else
-critical art was Kregasm
-Animations were Kreygasm
- The default costume was Kreygasm
-She's still my phone background and I own 2 (TWO) custom made Karin hoodies
-Frame traps, tic throws, side switching resets, damage, range, corner throw loops in season 1 I knew shed turn out S tier. As she got normalized then eventually just straight out nerfed I still stuck with her cus of the Karin fanboy already being ingrained within me

Last edited:

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Got into MK by watching the MK9 story cutscenes on Youtube, where I gravitated towards Raiden for a couple reasons.
  • He seemed like a wise mentor type character, which I've always had a soft spot for.
  • It seemed like MK9 portrayed him as being the leader of the Earthrealm fighters, which made him come across as a big deal (that and him having the final chapter of the game and ending up beating Shao Kahn).
  • Lightning is awesome to me.
The 1995 Mortal Kombat movie also made me like Raiden even more because his hair was cool and he had some dope line deliveries.

Corrupted Shinnok

Final Boss
Shinnok has been my favorite since his debut, I love his appearance and the history behind his character - his fall from grace, the fact that he overthrew Lucifer and became ruler of Netherrealm, how he relies on magic, manipulation and mimicking, how he uses the revenants, the skeletal hands, his amulet, the ability to turn into a demon and the list can go on and on...

When I saw what happened in MK9 after Shao Kahn's death, I knew for sure he was going to be the final boss in MKX.

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I like old-looking evil sorcerers. So Shang Tsung, Shinnok and Quan Chi are my favorites, in that order.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Easy. I’m a character loyalist and it happens I’m a fan of Bruce Lee so I chose Liu Kang when I was a kid and still stick to him, his story grew on me.
I play Kung Lao since Shaolin Monks, liked him there. Sub is my favorite ninja and Taven is my favorite 3D era character who reminded me of Liu Kang.

I picked king lao because his character is similar to myself. I have a big ego and I often make mistakes because of it.

And he's got a cool hat

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
I look for the underdog, the character no one else uses, and i enjoy honest characters, none of that teleportation crap. Naturally, Kano and shoa kahn come to mind, but i mainly play Kano

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Quite simply whoever is most fun.

I started with Sorcerer Quran chi, then a couple months went to Special Forces Sonya. I liked her play style cos she had it all really. Decent zoning, amazing mix ups, amazing pressure and setups. She gets the opponent annoyed with her homing missile and I like that.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Personality over playstyle. Also if they are the final villain then that also plays a role.
I didnt really play MK9 all to seriously but my main there was shang/sektor/kenshi
mkx was shinnok/sektor
mk11 is Kollector

So far out of everyone. Shinnok was my favorite. He is just arrogant amd something about back handing people so many times is fun.

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
Got into MK by watching the MK9 story cutscenes on Youtube, where I gravitated towards Raiden for a couple reasons.
  • He seemed like a wise mentor type character, which I've always had a soft spot for.
  • It seemed like MK9 portrayed him as being the leader of the Earthrealm fighters, which made him come across as a big deal (that and him having the final chapter of the game and ending up beating Shao Kahn).
  • Lightning is awesome to me.
The 1995 Mortal Kombat movie also made me like Raiden even more because his hair was cool and he had some dope line deliveries.

Although I agree with this sentiment, I have to go to the OG source of Raiden, the true inspiration for the character.
Of course, this movie got the inspiration from Japanese mythos, but this movie is what did it for me.

Seriously, NRS, if you're listening. Please give Raiden this intro, where he rides down on a lightning bolt. TOO SICK.

i like defensive melee characters and raiden is my fav mk character since mk1. i got really lucky this time :D cause i find my gameplay and aesthetic ideal in one character.