What's new

Hoping to find a main.

Nicah

Noob
Hey all,

I've been going through the characters to find a playstyle that I'd enjoy as I'm new to fighting games. This would be the first MK I pick up since MK 3 and while I was just button mashing away at MK3 I'd like to be decent at this one.

I played a lot of Cassie initially and sort of enjoyed the rushdown nature of her character but I've realized I'm not fond of the corner game. In my previous thread I was given some recommendations to try out other styles of characters and did find Sektor to be enjoyable as well.

I'd like to know if you have any recommendations for characters that live in the middle of the screen and perform well there as opposed to solely in the corner?
I do like the hyper aggressive style that cassie employs but I'd be more than happy to try something more defensive as well.

Thanks for the help!

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
Mileena, she's a monster just about every where on screen, she's great up close and has great defensive options. So she's able to played both offensively and defensively and still be effective

Wolverine32

Oh nice. Any particular variation you would suggest for a newbie?
All 3 have their different strengths, but seeing as you're just starting out I'd go with ravenous or piercing. Piercing is more defensive and ravenous is more offensive with a command grab and her pounce move to make everything safe.

Nicah

Noob
Thanks for the suggestions!

Would anyone recommend Inferno Scorpion? I like the idea of the character but is it mostly mid screen based? What about his other variations?

Wolverine32

Would anyone recommend Inferno Scorpion? I like the idea of the character but is it mostly mid screen based? What about his other variations?
Ninjustu is the easiest scorpion to pick up and make work, great normals, easy conversions, good damage and a great neutral game thats easy to get a feel for, if youre interested in scorpion that would be the easiest way to go.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
As far as I know, the following characters that are strongest in the center are:

Mileena
Scorpion
Kung Lao
Triborg (and especially Smoke)
Jaqui Briggs
Cassie Cage
Takeda
Kenshi
Ermac
Displacer Raiden

Those characters I suggested to you are mostly teleporters, except of Cassie and Jacqui. So you won't have a problem with the corner game. Teleport out and you'll be safe from the corner game.

The rest I don't know if they're stronger in the center, but surely some of them, like Sub Zero, are the strongest in the corner.

Nicah

Noob

I'm going to try out Nin Scorpion, Ravenous Mileena and Unstoppable Jason. I'm curious about Ermac. Would MoS or Mystic be the better variation to start off with? I had a look into some of his tech and iABs seem like a pain to pull off. I could only sort of do iAG on Cassie. Like once every 6 or 7 tries maybe. Are the iABs essential to his character?

Last edited: