What's new

Match Footage HoneyBee vs Biohazard! Let's explore the Flash vs Bane MU!

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Hey everyone, Bio and I recorded a 2 part set of our games to let the community have a better grasp of how we see the Flash vs Bane MU. We got some really good games and the score ended up being what it normally comes down to in each of our sets more or less. We even got a weird glitch to happen in one match so keep your eyes open for that ;)

@Jim
@Zyphox
@SidTheHaze
@WITNESS
@AK Harold
@The_SNKE
@Youphemism
@any other Flash players
@Rev_
@GGA Max
@RM_Biohazard
@Doombawkz
@Rally Jackson
@BiPolarExxpress
@Blind_Ducky
@any other Bane players

If you see ways in which Bio can be playing this differently to do better, feel free to give any advice. Before you give any advice, make sure you watch the whole set because there are some things you may think he or I should be doing instead but we know each others tendencies so that might explain why we did something else. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
This set was very interesting. It showed how many times each of you played. So you see little things you would not normally see. Mostly both of you punishing Backdashes and forward dashes. This is something similar to Arma and KDZ when they Play. My question/Suggestion is why did Bio keep jumping in when you kept dong D2 to punish him? How hard is it for bane to Punish MB headbutt when he is ducking? Can Flash Punish Raging Charge with his Upper Headbutt? Also can bane punish your normal Headbutt when you don't MB it?

Wetdoba

All too easy...
This set was very interesting. It showed how many times each of you played. So you see little things you would not normally see. Mostly both of you punishing Backdashes and forward dashes. This is something similar to Arma and KDZ when they Play. My question/Suggestion is why did Bio keep jumping in when you kept dong D2 to punish him? How hard is it for bane to Punish MB headbutt when he is ducking? Can Flash Punish Raging Charge with his Upper Headbutt? Also can bane punish your normal Headbutt when you don't MB it?
Bane can't duck mb ELBOW dash (not a headbutt) except when doing something funky and unreliable with frames, ask Doombawkz. Flash's best option against charge is doing the projectile parry which makes charge bounce off it without stunn in g flash and then he can punish with 2xxLK... And yes Bane can punish a non mb elbow dash. Sorry haven't watched the video yet so not sure the context or if it any of this happens in it yet

Last edited:
Cool set thanks! Since I feel like any advice I give backfires I'll just stick to general things. Also, I do not claim any of this will help you against that monster Flash.

Bane needs to punish regular charge attacks more consistently. I am unsure if there is a reason for it besides twitch factor of being afraid of the mb version.

Space control and movement. If you weren't walking back you were dashing forward or jumping. This is bad. Do not be so predictable with your movement walk forward more, hesitate and hold down. Fight him on your own terms when possible. Watch the footage again and see how much damage he got from you jumping or dashing forward recklessly.

Patience. If you are in a frame trap, you are in a frame trap. Stop trying to fight it. It is there for a reason, test your blocking. It does not help in this mu to try to wiggle out with jumps or back dashes. This accumulated with the above was a majority of the damage you took. Force him to throw to at least make the frame trap meaningful. If you are super stressed then venom uppercut instead of grab since it is faster, but it is not a cure all for those situations.

Anti Air more consistently. This I am unsure of the options. The last thing you ever want to do against Flash is block a J2.

All said well played and thanks for the info. Please do not take these as jabs at your skill/etc like a lot of people in this community, just my input if you want to make it a little harder on honeybee next time. Most of it is coming down to yomi, he has learned you quite a bit more than you have learned him.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Also @HoneyBee if you're available anytime this week I'd love to get that set in finally, I've got some anti-flash gimmicks with your name on them ;)

Last edited:

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
Cool set thanks! Since I feel like any advice I give backfires I'll just stick to general things. Also, I do not claim any of this will help you against that monster Flash.

Bane needs to punish regular charge attacks more consistently. I am unsure if there is a reason for it besides twitch factor of being afraid of the mb version.

Space control and movement. If you weren't walking back you were dashing forward or jumping. This is bad. Do not be so predictable with your movement walk forward more, hesitate and hold down. Fight him on your own terms when possible. Watch the footage again and see how much damage he got from you jumping or dashing forward recklessly.

Patience. If you are in a frame trap, you are in a frame trap. Stop trying to fight it. It is there for a reason, test your blocking. It does not help in this mu to try to wiggle out with jumps or back dashes. This accumulated with the above was a majority of the damage you took. Force him to throw to at least make the frame trap meaningful. If you are super stressed then venom uppercut instead of grab since it is faster, but it is not a cure all for those situations.

Anti Air more consistently. This I am unsure of the options. The last thing you ever want to do against Flash is block a J2.

All said well played and thanks for the info. Please do not take these as jabs at your skill/etc like a lot of people in this community, just my input if you want to make it a little harder on honeybee next time. Most of it is coming down to yomi, he has learned you quite a bit more than you have learned him.
I was trying to punish the charge with 113 but being able to punish it depends on the spacing, I think D1 or D2 always works so I need to use that more.

The reason I get hit a lot by flash's frame traps is lightning kick MB so often is because Bane is able to armor through them with special moves. Either I was trying to armor through a string that it really plus on block, which I need to look into, or my timing was off.

Anti airing flash is easier said than done, 1 whiffed D2 can be a full punish from flash. In the midscreen flash can easily open up bane with a dash in low or overhead attack. Theoretically D2 could stuff his jump and dash in but I could get punished if he doesn't dash in. This is why I'm not doing D2 as much and by the time I see him jump in it's too late and my D2/VU will be beat by his jump 2.

All in all I appreciate the comments and thanks for watching the set.

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
I kept jumping cause I'm so derp. Most of the time Bane can't duck the MB lightning charge, if he does duck it I can easily punish with 113 but for the most part it won't happen. Flash can't punish Raging Charge with Lightning Uppercut, it's too plus on block. Bane can punish the normal headbutt with 113 but 113 is not as reliable as D1 or D2 which I should be using more.