What's new

HMK Commentary Special - MK9 2011 Evo Top 8

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Evo is just around the corner and to get us all in the mood we sat down to rewatch the top 8 from the first MK9 Evo way back in 2011.

We had originally planned to have this done for Injustice and MKX as well but unfortunately real life got in the way so they are in the pipeline but will be posted later. The part in the intro expaining the MP3 files relates to that so ignore it for now. The Evo grind is also the main reason why we haven't done a normal episode in a while but we will be recording after VSFighting to cover all the recent tournaments and what not so make sure you're sitting comfortably for that one.

In the mean time sit back and feast on some MK9 goodness and if any of you are attending Evo be sure to say hello :)

MP3 Version

This was done using the archive on these videos here = Part 1 and Part 2 and unless you're @Phosferrax you should have no trouble following along :DOGE

Enjoy :)

@TheGabStandard @PND_Ketchup @PND_Mustard @PND OmegaK @ChatterBox @Undeadjim @PND i2 Gaug3 @st9rm @Scott The Scot @Youphemism @Paul the Octopus @UsedForGlue @PunkMafia83 @Klesk_1 @1man3letters @STRYKIE @SneakyTortoise @ENDeverMORE @xZoro @rubmytaco @Matix218 @G4S J360 @The Bearded Dan @JustinXavier21 @IrishMantis

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
That feel when you're 3 minutes in and Phos the marquee matchup cop doesn't remember armor in MK9 was based on frames, not how many hits it could resist lol. #NotLikeThis

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I'm already in the middle of a 4 hour podcast but in about 3 hours, I'll start watching this lol

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Lol #imstilldatony

Phos is right about the order of DLC release, it was Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain then Freddy.

Three hit Mileena strings? 234 (there was also just a 34) and 112 were used pretty often iirc, and I can't remember if 421 was a thing or not but 42 definitely was.

This was a cool idea actually, I don't think I watched evo 2011 live but it was fun to look back at what was clearly the highest level of play :DOGE

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Lol #imstilldatony

Phos is right about the order of DLC release, it was Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain then Freddy.

Three hit Mileena strings? 234 (there was also just a 34) and 112 were used pretty often iirc, and I can't remember if 421 was a thing or not but 42 definitely was.

This was a cool idea actually, I don't think I watched evo 2011 live but it was fun to look back at what was clearly the highest level of play :DOGE
Can you imagine a level of play higher?

I don't think I can :eek: