What's new

Hitting KB Command Grab Consistently (Tips)

Just wanted to make this to help out anyone having trouble with Jax’s KB Command Grab timing. The requirement is to input the following buttons ( 2 4 3) at the last possible second and after messing with the timing I found the most relatable way to consistently get the KB online:
Focus on the your opponents health bar and wait for it to flash white from the oncoming damage. This will help you know when you are too early or too late

How are you all most able to consistently land quad grab in the first place? I keep hearing that it is a tick throw off of d1, d3, s1, and d12, but I am having a hard time getting it to work when opponent is blocking. I'm on pc version. Is it an input error? How do you do the inputs to make it work (is it like canceling into any special?) any tips?

I'm in the dust/body hitting the ground camp, but I'm gonna go experiment with the health bar.

How are you all most able to consistently land quad grab in the first place? I keep hearing that it is a tick throw off of d1, d3, s1, and d12, but I am having a hard time getting it to work when opponent is blocking. I'm on pc version. Is it an input error? How do you do the inputs to make it work (is it like canceling into any special?) any tips?

I'm in the dust/body hitting the ground camp, but I'm gonna go experiment with the health bar.
Hmmm no , just do it decently quick. Idk wasn’t too hard for me just keep practicing you’ll get it you can also get it off of j4’s

Wait what do you mean dust cloud? Do we wait until it's gone or wait until it's at it's peak thickness?
If you watch the opponents body right when they hit the ground, a very fast (probably like 3-5 frames long) circle of dust shoots outwards. It's pretty good to use as a visual cue while you're learning the timing.

I tried both the dust cloud and the white flash on the health bar way and the white flash seems more consistent, at least for me. That being said both methods are better than just winging it which is what I've been doing :oops:
Well glad something works for you! The dust works great for meeee get it pretty much every time I want now!

Not sure where to put this sinces theres about 6 threads open about quad grab already...but this one at least mentions his kb...

Is anyone not getting 400 damage on the quad grab kb any more? I am only getting 350 today and I wasn't aware of any update (I'm on pc). Anyone confirm this?

DarthSatan666

Rock, Paper, Nut Punch
Not sure where to put this sinces theres about 6 threads open about quad grab already...but this one at least mentions his kb...

Is anyone not getting 400 damage on the quad grab kb any more? I am only getting 350 today and I wasn't aware of any update (I'm on pc). Anyone confirm this?
If you're just doing the quad grab kb with no other moves. Meaning your not comboing into it. It does a flat 350 damage.

The day one patch was released on PC last week. Your probably just didn't notice the changes until now.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
After each grab he juggles the opponent a little, i press the next command as soon as the juggle starts and i get it consistently 100% of the time. 10 min in the lab with it and you'll get it right to, no need to over complicate it with the health bar thing but if it's working for you then it's cool too.

I rarely do it as a tick because as you said ticking off of d1,d3,and d12 (s1 doesnt tick to my knowledge) can be difficult, especially under stress. So this is how i do it, i stagger often as do all jax's. So f2 into 1+3, or another f2, or f2d4, or f2 into throw as well as doing f33 into 1+4, or another f3 or a throw, or into back 3 or f2 which leads to all the staggers i wrote for that all over again. You get the idea. So after doing this for a bit most opponents are now tryna guess how to block and heres where the fun comes. This opens up the quad grab beautifully. I've succesfully staggered into the quad grab against everyone i've played. You can try to fuzzy all day but tryna do that will get you a quad grab kb for 350-400 damage. Once they start tryna avoid the throw i go back to striking. Read your opponent and you can wreck them friend.

Edit: Also try inputting the commands right when you see them hit the floor

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
This command grab is way easier than his mkx version, just hit buttons last possible time thats all.

If you're just doing the quad grab kb with no other moves. Meaning your not comboing into it. It does a flat 350 damage.

The day one patch was released on PC last week. Your probably just didn't notice the changes until now.
Thanks for the clarification. I just realized I've been using it this whole time, but hadn't used it in practice mode (and seen the damage) since the patch.

does any of you guys found a trick ? cause ive been labbing this trying to find a visual reference of when to press for the last slam.

the only little tip ive found is when jax is raising his head after slaming but its not 100% and also still very tight.
they didnt adjust the circle effects on the ground giving us a tip when to press each slam the two first stayed the same but not the third one. Either they wont care and not fix that or they want it to be random cause online its impossible to have it 100% offline is still very hard. we need a visual cue. I dont mind JAX KB to be super tight but having a cue at least.

does any of you guys found a trick ? cause ive been labbing this trying to find a visual reference of when to press for the last slam.

the only little tip ive found is when jax is raising his head after slaming but its not 100% and also still very tight.
they didnt adjust the circle effects on the ground giving us a tip when to press each slam the two first stayed the same but not the third one. Either they wont care and not fix that or they want it to be random cause online its impossible to have it 100% offline is still very hard. we need a visual cue. I dont mind JAX KB to be super tight but having a cue at least.
naw man, theres this like sweet spot right when the guy pops off the ground and gets near jax's head for the last input but honestly i still miss it here and there. I especially miss it when i need t land it to get the win and i become hyper aware of that last input, sigh.

since this difficulty nerf i barely see any Jax player online and even less Hunker Down. Jax is very good but are you willing to risk all your resources for 180 dmg ? and risk getting a d2 kb ? Jax is far from broken honestly i feel Jax is one of the most balanced character in this game. This nerf is just straight up frustrating this is bad game design.

EDITED : its 180 dmg for two bar if you fuck up, ALL you need to do is set the circle visual feedback to the correct timing just like the two first slams NRS , the timing still will be tight but at least we have something to refer too.

Last edited: