What's new

HitBox Crossup (New type of controller for Fighting games)

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Even though that crazy hitbox got banned from ComboBreaker... a new one has just come out..... The HitBox Crossup.

Basically it is a joystick combined with a hitbox... mainly for insta inputs. Sajam does a good break down..

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Even though that crazy hitbox got banned from ComboBreaker... a new one has just come out..... The HitBox Crossup.

Basically it is a joystick combined with a hitbox... mainly for insta inputs. Sajam does a good break down..

Is there a thread about why it was banned or some information/discussion that I could read (unless someone just wants to explain it ) ???

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
it was daigo's personal hitbox and the firmware was such that it allowed simultaneous pressing of 2 directional buttons which resulted in shananigans.
Thanks i actually just read the thread,... Lol @ walking forward while throwing sonic booms ... Imagine something like that being acceptable in SF: WW back in 1992. broken Guile being untouchable Guile

DeftMonk

Noob
Thanks i actually just read the thread,... Lol @ walking forward while throwing sonic booms ... Imagine something like that being acceptable in SF: WW back in 1992. broken Guile being untouchable Guile
I don't think he was actually walking forward throwing them (of course woulda got banned immediately) but if u just hold back and hit f hp whenever its charged u can throw sonic booms with inhuman precision as far as timing goes since as soon as you throw one another one is already charging.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I don't think he was actually walking forward throwing them (of course woulda got banned immediately) but if u just hold back and hit f hp whenever its charged u can throw sonic booms with inhuman precision as far as timing goes since as soon as you throw one another one is already charging.
Imagine being able to do that with SSF4 Guile and his 1 second charge

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Nope, actually he was turtling (holding D/B) as Guile, and while he held the D/B button he inputted Sonic Boom or DP kicks, or even both. The TOs banned his hitbox due of that very input. There was a discussion about this and how would the other TOs reach when they see a hitbox and how would they act.

After deep discussion occured, some tech freaks said that it's banned to do two moves in one input, thus everyone would think of it as a cheat.

Originally, you'd let go of D/B button and proceed with Sonic Boom > EX DP Kicks as it's in the button notations due of its buffering window, but doing double simple Sonic Boom is considering cheat. Why? To input it, it needed a good charge time before executing them. You might be able to pull off continuous Sonic Booms, like in MK11 projectiles, if you're fast enough and know the charge timings (usually it needs 1 sec to be fully charged), but to pull off Sonic Booms way closer with each other would be considered banned, because there's no way someone could pull them off way closer due of its buffer window. If it ever happened, it'd be like Sonic Boom > EX Sonic Boom (cross sonic boom).

But this is noone's fault, cuz the companies didn't think of locking each button for a certain time. This problem's like that way before them (keyboard). Even keyboards have that. The problem with it is that one button bypasses the other.

A bit off topic, but OK.

Back on topic.

I have seen the new mixbox, and this begs for a good question.

If anyone wants to play with this, HOW would someone play with exclusively the buttons? The problem lies on the movement buttons that are next to Attack buttons. You'd actually need to be Kollector to pull this shit off, lmao.

Last edited:

DeftMonk

Noob
Nope, actually he was turtling (holding D/B) as Guile, and while he held the D/B button he inputted Sonic Boom or DP kicks, or even both. The TOs banned his hitbox due of that very input. There was a discussion about this and how would the other TOs reach when they see a hitbox and how would they act.

After deep discussion occured, some tech freaks said that it's banned to do two moves in one input, thus everyone would think of it as a cheat.

Originally, you'd let go of D/B button and proceed with Sonic Boom > EX DP Kicks as it's in the button notations due of its buffering window, but doing double simple Sonic Boom is considering cheat. Why? To input it, it needed a good charge time before executing them. You might be able to pull off continuous Sonic Booms, like in MK11 projectiles, if you're fast enough and know the charge timings (usually it needs 1 sec to be fully charged), but to pull off Sonic Booms way closer with each other would be considered banned, because there's no way someone could pull them off way closer due of its buffer window. If it ever happened, it'd be like Sonic Boom > EX Sonic Boom (cross sonic boom).

A bit off topic, but OK.

Back on topic.

I have seen the new mixbox, and this begs for a good question.

If anyone wants to play with this, HOW would someone play with exclusively the buttons? The problem lies on the movement buttons that are next to Attack buttons. You'd actually need to be Kollector to pull this shit off, lmao.
i think the point is something like this: imagine mkx kang and pointer finger hits jump then left hand left right right hand ring finger hits punch. Like this you can get pretty easy IA fireballs. I don't know what kind of applications this would have in mk11, but at least if I used my hitbox to play some game like blaz blu or sf that has a grappler I wouldnt have to type out a novel to get a SPD

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
i think the point is something like this: imagine mkx kang and pointer finger hits jump then left hand left right right hand ring finger hits punch. Like this you can get pretty easy IA fireballs. I don't know what kind of applications this would have in mk11, but at least if I used my hitbox to play some game like blaz blu or sf that has a grappler I wouldnt have to type out a novel to get a SPD
Since MK11 isn't forgiving on doing these as such, you have to do them in order UDF1 for IA fireball. You can even do IA divekicks, if you like. I'm used to these stuff since the anime fighters. Trust me, I even tried doing TKing the specials, but they don't work due of a very long unforgiving frame window that prevents the TK from ever happening. You can do the TKs in any other games, but not at MK and INJ series, as far as I found out. If TK was doable there, I'd input them this easily.

I remember somewhere that NinjaKillah or someone else did a slight tuning to the movement buttons (he reversed the jump and the duck buttons) and changed the attack buttons to pull those fast IA fireballs in one combo.

I doubt there's a button to make a full circle for the grapplers, but it's up to them to know the buffer tech. I got a homie who's the best EU Tager and Potemkin that can pull these shits off easily.

Trust me, if you ever want to use a hitbox in Blazblue, look out for Naoto, cuz he's arthritis master. You might get tendinitis at your fingers by continually pressing dash buttons for the dash cancels in the combos. I'm OK with playing him with stick, but no way I'm playing someone this tendinitizing with buttons alone. lmao

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
That looks insane but I admit it probably works 100x time better than any regular stick.