What's new

Hitbox arcade PS4 issue ? Plz HELP

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Hi guys, it's me again, question to hitbox users of cause:) I have my hitbox ps4 version for soon a week and I was very hype, I'm glad I learned fast to play on it and now want play only on it but I have sometimes some different issues, maybe you can help.

1st : sometimes some of buttons become TURBO, 1st time it were 1 3 and 4 only, 2nd time only 3, that mean in SF4 for example it's impossible to do correctly charged focus or throw

2nd : atm only had this issue on ps4 and only after the last ps4 update, didn't tested yet on pc. 3 times in a row with interval of 10 minutes all my buttons stop working, everything (looks like ps4 feel hitbox like an DS4 controller and make it off), 1 of 3 times my kano held block

Both issues dissapear when I rePlug usb cable in port

So do you have some ideas ? Because I payed 260$ to get it in France and if I should send it back for my own money it will be very expensive. Should I already contact hitboxarcade.com and solution they can have ?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I've had no isses with my hitbox. I didn't even know there was a turbo mode. Last time I played on PS4 was around 30 hours ago. If you plug your Hitbox into the PS4 after 8 minutes your inputs will freeze and continuously press and hold the same button you just pressed, if pressed at the time of disconnecting. You can restart your hitbox by pressing select+3P (heavy punch in SF terms, default interactable toss by MK terms)

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
from what i hear brooks convertors are having the same troubles because of the update, i imagine both hitbox and brook are currently hard at work trying to update their stuff as well so it will work

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I've had no isses with my hitbox. I didn't even know there was a turbo mode. Last time I played on PS4 was around 30 hours ago. If you plug your Hitbox into the PS4 after 8 minutes your inputs will freeze and continuously press and hold the same button you just pressed, if pressed at the time of disconnecting. You can restart your hitbox by pressing select+3P (heavy punch in SF terms, default block by MK terms)
wouldnt that be default interactable? because the way my fight stick is layed out (and it is on default settings for MK) is
1 2 Intertactable Throw
3 4 Block StanceSwitch

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
If you plug your Hitbox into the PS4 after 8 minutes your inputs will freeze
You say inputs will freeze after 8 minutes, when afk you mean ? because I was in game and I lose my match because of it. Possible that ps4 update makes that issue like hitbox was afk even if I played ? yeah imbat turbo mod activates randomly on random buttons, I don't think it was programed :)
Select + 3P do you mean all 3 punches or 3rd punch (only block button/ 3 rd punch is interectable by default)

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
from what i hear brooks convertors are having the same troubles because of the update, i imagine both hitbox and brook are currently hard at work trying to update their stuff as well so it will work
Issue with random button turbo mod I had before ps4 upgrad and on pc too, so this is something special, maybe it's an issue or maybe there is a shortcuts to make it on

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
wouldnt that be default interactable? because the way my fight stick is layed out (and it is on default settings for MK) is
1 2 Intertactable Throw
3 4 Block StanceSwitch
You say inputs will freeze after 8 minutes, when afk you mean ? because I was in game and I lose my match because of it. Possible that ps4 update makes that issue like hitbox was afk even if I played ? yeah imbat turbo mod activates randomly on random buttons, I don't think it was programed :)
Select + 3P do you mean all 3 punches or 3rd punch (only block button/ 3 rd punch is interectable by default)
You are both correct, my apologies. I was veeery tired at 4:52am lol.

st9rm

viennality.com
thx for info. do you play on hitbox too ?
not yet but taco and I ordered one each a few days ago and will pick it up at the ESL office next week in burbank :)
i like the looks of the hitbox so much, that i'll switch (eventhough stick is awesome as well)

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
not yet but taco and I ordered one each a few days ago and will pick it up at the ESL office next week in burbank :)
i like the looks of the hitbox so much, that i'll switch (eventhough stick is awesome as well)
Yeah it's looks very well, in 2 days you can play at least at 80% of ur max lvl, I talked with YUZU RZA he will order it too :)

To execute instant air fireballs or for example 720 is a next level

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Moving this to the correct forum, Please observe the posted forum guidelines.

Hit Box

Noob
Yeah it's looks very well, in 2 days you can play at least at 80% of ur max lvl, I talked with YUZU RZA he will order it too :)

To execute instant air fireballs or for example 720 is a next level
Hi guys, this is Shawn over at Hit Box. If anyone else experiences problems or needs help with anything don't hesitate to give us a shout over at [email protected]. We're a bit busy with SFV being released, but I want to make sure everyone that has been kind of enough to support us with their business is looked after when they have problems.

Thanks again guys. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Shawn Huffer
Hit Box

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Hi guys, this is Shawn over at Hit Box. If anyone else experiences problems or needs help with anything don't hesitate to give us a shout over at [email protected].
Thanks again guys. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Shawn Huffer
Hit Box
Hi Shawn, I sent you twice an email to [email protected] and still no answer from you. I should have a software issue. Happens 80% of time in SFV and sometimes in MKXL. One of hit buttons (1,2,3 or 4) can randomly become a turbo button, so it's breaks some of my combos or I just can't throw correctly.
I really like play on hitbox but actually it's kinda impossible.

DeftMonk

Noob
did you ever fix this issue? The recent firmware update refuses to work for me so I had to roll back to the previous firmware and now my butrtons are all rapid fire. Properly timing certain combos that require consecutive hits of the same button at a specific timing have become impossible.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
did you ever fix this issue? The recent firmware update refuses to work for me so I had to roll back to the previous firmware and now my butrtons are all rapid fire. Properly timing certain combos that require consecutive hits of the same button at a specific timing have become impossible.
There is no more problems after the last patch, but a new little issue : can't write messages with hitbox on psn, directions dosn't work like the dpad