What's new

Hit-confirming with new poke system

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
With the way d1's jail into 1's and other fast normals, I figured it would be a good exercise to practice hit-confirming low pokes.

Just sharing my training method here. I set the AI to duck with Random Combo blocking.

Blocked d1 I chill, d1 hits but 1,1 is blocked I don't finish the string, everything connects then I cancel into special. It's important to realize when the d1 is blocked because you don't want to wiff that 1 over their counter d2. This is gonna be hard execute in a real match, but getting the muscle memory down is the first step

F22 combo routed scale hard, he could already jail to 22 from pokes. 22 amp saw is going to do muh more damage then f22 nomad combos. It also saves you some meter.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
F22 combo routed scale hard, he could already jail to 22 from pokes. 22 amp saw is going to do muh more damage then f22 nomad combos. It also saves you some meter.
Optimal 22 amp saw combo does like 1% more than the optimal off of b12 and f22 dash. Also takes the same amount of meter.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Any reason to even risk the tight timing of this vs. hit confirming into F22?
If you start hit confirming pokes you can start enforcing pressure from your highs. S2 is +3 so that already has its uses, 111 autoshimmies and s1 is +1 as well, and 22 is really good too. There is absolutely a reason to lab this.

E

Eldriken

Man, I didn't even think of doing 11 instead of 111 on block and then doing a d1 after.

I went and practiced this the day the patch came out. I did it with Skarlet when I mained her as she could already do it since the beginning and shit like this really pays off.

Kabal can probably get a whole different stagger game going off of this.

Hell, you can jail his 22 and 23 from d1. Both are -1, I believe. Maybe 22 is -2. But here's what I'm trying to get at.

@Braindead pointed something out to me while I was streaming one day and told me to start doing 22~bf2 on block. Why? Well, he said its animation is similar to f22 at the end (the way he swings his hooksword to be specific) and he's right. It looks almost exactly like it, so people who are unfamiliar are probably going to think there's an overhead coming due to thinking you're doing f223.

Well, 22~bf2 on block nets you the Krushing Blow from bf2 if they stand block. That's 27% right there.

Secondly, you can stagger 22 wonderfully since it keeps you so close and is so safe on block.

Also, if you're expecting them to block the 22 after a d1 on hit and they don't, 22 is +20 on hit and there's not much distance between you.

Yes, you read that right. As long as your opponent is grounded, you can be left at +20 on hit. This destroys the +2 from his restand. But the restand being a restand is what makes it so great. So 22's plus frames are situational.

Up next we have another thing that Braindead suggested I try. Stagger f4 into b12. Some of you may be thinking to yourselves, "What the fu...?"

You can stagger f4 despite it not really being optimal for that in particular. It works. It really does. Not all the time, obviously. You have to condition your opponent once they catch on.

But most people expect the OH or low (Clean Cut), so they hesitate in anticipation after the f4. Walk back and b12. Seriously, work it into your overall gameplay.

E

Eldriken

Except, no. KB works like that only on paper. If he blocks 22~bf2, no KB. You will only get it when BF2 lands raw.
Except, yes. I do it all the time, dude. @Braindead suggested it to me and it works just fine.

I've landed it tons of times from 22~bf2. So please, before you come in here correcting people, I'd suggest trying it for yourself.

Surielx

Noob
Except, yes. I do it all the time, dude. @Braindead suggested it to me and it works just fine.

I've landed it tons of times from 22~bf2. So please, before you come in here correcting people, I'd suggest trying it for yourself.
Holy fcuk! How possible is that? I must give you some credit but see what I discovered further (yes=KB, no= no KB):

1,BF2 - yes
11,BF2 - yes
111,BF2 - no
2,BF2 - no
22,BF2 - yes
23,BF2 - no
3,BF2 - no
4,BF2 - no

B1,BF2 - no
B12,BF2 - no
F2,BF2 - no
F22,BF2 - no
F3,BF2 - no
F4,BF2 - no

So yes, there is Krushing Blow after 22. But there are literally only 3 strings where it works. 3 out of 14. 1,BF2 is a no-go because of timing so that leaves us with 11,BF2 and 22,BF2.

I think it's a bug. Doesn't make sense.

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
Holy fcuk! How possible is that? I must give you some credit but see what I discovered further (yes=KB, no= no KB):

1,BF2 - yes
11,BF2 - yes
111,BF2 - no
2,BF2 - no
22,BF2 - yes
23,BF2 - no
3,BF2 - no
4,BF2 - no

B1,BF2 - no
B12,BF2 - no
F2,BF2 - no
F22,BF2 - no
F3,BF2 - no
F4,BF2 - no

So yes, there is Krushing Blow after 22. But there are literally only 3 strings where it works. 3 out of 14. 1,BF2 is a no-go because of timing so that leaves us with 11,BF2 and 22,BF2.

I don’t think it’s a bug. It’s probably because the strings that allow the krushing blow to work have a gap before the bf2.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.

1,BF2 - yes
11,BF2 - yes
111,BF2 - no
2,BF2 - no
22,BF2 - yes
23,BF2 - no
3,BF2 - no
4,BF2 - no

B1,BF2 - no
B12,BF2 - no
F2,BF2 - no
F22,BF2 - no
F3,BF2 - no
F4,BF2 - no

Is it because the strings don’t combo into bf2 when cancelled?

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
This training is very important. Anything that helps reactions is solid in my book and the fact it helps Dual layer hit confirming is pretty strong.
Like others said 22/F22 are better options than 11. I personally like 22 since its easier to cancel into amped buzzsaw for good damage and I believe its safe on block when amped (could be wrong, I'm no Cabal main)

E

Eldriken

Lol imagine being a Kabal player and not knowing that you practically land all 7 of his KBs in a match

"discovered" lul
I landed "The Quadfecta" on a few folks the other day.

f224 KB > 22~bf2 KB > b12d2 KB into combo and then db4 KB into combo for the win.

It is glorious. I love that almost all of his KBs simply require being a punish/Kounter. You don't wanna be caught pressing buttons when you shouldn't be against Kabal. lol

E

Eldriken

Naw. I believe it's because of what someone else mentioned: there's a small gap in some strings that allow bf2 to proc its Krushing Blow.

All of Kabal's strings cancel into bf2 on hit as far as I know. Well, not 111 or 23 because they cause the opponent to become airborne.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Has anyone tried the whiff canceling tech? seems really good for Kabal. I've been meaning to lab it but I haven't had time because I'm always at work -_-

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I landed "The Quadfecta" on a few folks the other day.

f224 KB > 22~bf2 KB > b12d2 KB into combo and then db4 KB into combo for the win.

It is glorious. I love that almost all of his KBs simply require being a punish/Kounter. You don't wanna be caught pressing buttons when you shouldn't be against Kabal. lol
Add D2 KB and throw KB on top of that, then the amplified buzzsaw KB is practical if you set it up.

Character is bullshit lol

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3

1,BF2 - yes
11,BF2 - yes
111,BF2 - no
2,BF2 - no
22,BF2 - yes
23,BF2 - no
3,BF2 - no
4,BF2 - no

B1,BF2 - no
B12,BF2 - no
F2,BF2 - no
F22,BF2 - no
F3,BF2 - no
F4,BF2 - no

It‘s not a bug, it works because 22 ~ bf2 is not a true blockstring, meaning even if there is only a 1 frame gap between 22 and bf2 it doesn‘t count as a whole string but dialing it as a raw command.

DeftMonk

Noob
I knew it gave kb but I honestly did not know it did not on all those other strings. Weird as shit...possibly a side effect of the coding meant not to allow kb off a combo is you must land it raw I.e. not jailed into it or combod into it.

Surielx

Noob
It‘s not a bug, it works because 22 ~ bf2 is not a true blockstring, meaning even if there is only a 1 frame gap between 22 and bf2 it doesn‘t count as a whole string but dialing it as a raw command.
Not the case. BF2 has 15 start-up frames. 2 has 16 recovery frames, no KB. 22 also has 16 recovery frames and voila. Makes no sense.