What's new

History of Mortal Kombat Ep 9: Deception, It's in Us All by MKSecrets

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Man, so many memories... I still have Easy on my FL, i think his kids took over his system haa!

Reactions: ded

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Could someone explain why dairou was so messed up? I played the game but I was way younger anx didnt understand fighting games nearly as well as I do now.
There's a bunch of factors, but the tombstone drop was probably the largest issue.

The move itself was essentially MK9 Jax's EX ground pound that was sped up to well over twice as fast. If that wasn't bad enough, there was a glitch where sidestepping would remove the cooldown on TSD instantly, basically making it possible to just do it over and over. Only way to avoid it was to jump...which got beat by his projectile due to the shitty jump heights. He also possessed one of the best stances in the game (very safe), as well as a teleport that, when the full animation landed, led to free TSDs, among other situations.

He probably won every matchup at least 7-3 in his favor. I'm not a big MKD guy, so I wouldn't know too much of all the specifics. @General M2Dave was the TSD Master of the day lol.

MKA's Dairou was severely toned down, though...partially due to TSD actually getting a huge nerf (roughly 3 second cooldown and no-blocking period, glitch fixed, slowed down), but also because of new things introduced (jump height increased so iron leg can be avoided by jumps, divekicks exist now, new characters that took advantage of all the changes and beat him as a result, etc).

MKK hanzo

There's a bunch of factors, but the tombstone drop was probably the largest issue.

The move itself was essentially MK9 Jax's EX ground pound that was sped up to well over twice as fast. If that wasn't bad enough, there was a glitch where sidestepping would remove the cooldown on TSD instantly, basically making it possible to just do it over and over. Only way to avoid it was to jump...which got beat by his projectile due to the shitty jump heights. He also possessed one of the best stances in the game (very safe), as well as a teleport that, when the full animation landed, led to free TSDs, among other situations.

He probably won every matchup at least 7-3 in his favor. I'm not a big MKD guy, so I wouldn't know too much of all the specifics. @General M2Dave was the TSD Master of the day lol.

MKA's Dairou was severely toned down, though...partially due to TSD actually getting a huge nerf (roughly 3 second cooldown and no-blocking period, glitch fixed, slowed down), but also because of new things introduced (jump height increased so iron leg can be avoided by jumps, divekicks exist now, new characters that took advantage of all the changes and beat him as a result, etc).
What about the Gamecube version? AFAIK there are lots of balance changes. @Konqrr @Check

Reactions: ded

ded

Elder God
What about the Gamecube version? AFAIK there are lots of balance changes. @Konqrr @Check
Credits to @Check for this:

Dairou
's ts drop was toned down in the GameCube version, as well as cancel wait time between special moves, for example Bo Rai Cho: puke ss puke ss puke, inf and Scorpion double Spear. All online infinites are removed as well (as the GC version does not support online). However, free throws exploit is still there but this is imo still the best version of MKD ;]

MK Unchained is also based on GameCube MKD gameplay, but there are other issues like delay (when changing fighting styles) and loadings, so you should play the game from UMCD. There are other changes like changed gravity (after Ermac TKS for example) and most of the combos are toned down.