What's new

Hip Hop Heads Thread

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Apparently, if you're a hip hop head like myself, you find it very difficult to find good new music nowadays. NO im NOT talking about the Lil Yachtys Lil Naughtys Lil Trash bag whateva garbage thats being played on the radio today with words you cannot understand is NOT what Im talking about. Uncle JBeezY is talking about Craig Mack (Rest in Power) Nas, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Vince Staples, etc etc. REAL Hip hop that not only has lyrics you can understand, but with a message behind it that you can actually vibe with. Or just party n bullshit lol

This thread is to talk about anything Hip hop. The current state of Hip Hop, any artists to look out for, or any new music, lets discuss here!

Hip Hop Heads UNITE!

RIghteous ;)

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Young Fathers’ new shit is dope, though they’re sounding less hip-hop with every release and I can’t think of anything else good recently soooo, point kinda proven on your end lol.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I will look them up ;)

Lets talk HIP HOP! This year has deemed Hip Hop the most popular genre to date. I guess its an awesome thing, but look at the artists we have now....if u can call them artists. So my question is, What do you guys think of the current state of Hip Hop today ?Question mark?

Blade4693

VIVIVI
What do you guys think of the current state of Hip Hop today ?
I am essentially out of the loop now. I mean I know who Pump, Xan, Yachty, and these new guys are but I don't listen to their music at all. I can stomach 21 Savage though lol Migos I can live with too sometimes.

Honestly based on who the youngins are looking up to right now (Uzi, pump, xan etc) I feel like it's in a rough state lol I was even ok with the Drill scene like Chief Keef, Bibby, Herb, etc. but even they seemed more talented than these new guys who you literally can't understand most of the time.

Apparently, if you're a hip hop head like myself, you find it very difficult to find good new music nowadays. NO im NOT talking about the Lil Yachtys Lil Naughtys Lil Trash bag whateva garbage thats being played on the radio today with words you cannot understand is NOT what Im talking about. Uncle JBeezY is talking about Craig Mack (Rest in Power) Nas, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Vince Staples, etc etc. REAL Hip hop that not only has lyrics you can understand, but with a message behind it that you can actually vibe with. Or just party n bullshit lol

This thread is to talk about anything Hip hop. The current state of Hip Hop, any artists to look out for, or any new music, lets discuss here!

Hip Hop Heads UNITE!

RIghteous ;)
Hey man I usually like ur stuff u post it’s usuallly positive and everyone u are definitely against the grain from some of the cancer I see here but with this I don’t agree with . Hiphop heads abd ppl in general shouldn’t throw some ppl down because they might like the new “sound cloud “ Wave that’s been going on for like the past 4 years . How can u say hiphop heads unite but u off the jump already exclude these youngsters that enjoy that kinda music idk just my 2 cents

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
Hey man I usually like ur stuff u post it’s usuallly positive and everyone u are definitely against the grain from some of the cancer I see here but with this I don’t agree with . Hiphop heads abd ppl in general shouldn’t throw some ppl down because they might like the new “sound cloud “ Wave that’s been going on for like the past 4 years . How can u say hiphop heads unite but u off the jump already exclude these youngsters that enjoy that kinda music idk just my 2 cents
Don’t think he meant anything by it, just throwing some playful shade. Correct me if I’m wrong tho Uncs.

Hip hop is just a super diverse genre, so it’s definitely worth specifying what type you’re looking for, shade notwithstanding.

Makes me think: Blackalicious, Aesop Rock, Eyedea, Mos/Talib etc.

Pumps me up: ummmm tech9? (Normally use metal / electro for this)

Nothing new sorry. Again, not terribly into the new sound....

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Shall I Usher you out? #püntang

Nah bro, no such thing as bad music...

...Just bad taste :DOGE

I hear even Chopin’s popularity has dwindled of late! :)

Edit, now THAT’s playful shade.
Is Post Malone super old or something I only found out about him recently is that where the Chopin reference is coming from?

I thought Kendrick Lamar was a R&B singer up until 3 weeks ago...

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
Is Post Malone super old or something I only found out about him recently is that where the Chopin reference is coming from?

Nah, but it did sound quite r&b to me.

The Chopin reference was suggesting popularity<>quality. It’s full of my bias tho, was just looking for a hallmark of quality that doesn’t get much play time. Ultimately my point was; it doesn’t matter what me or anyone else thinks when it comes to your subjective enjoyment :)

BurdaA

Frost-Byte

Mostly put it there because everything else in my post was insincere.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Nah, but it did sound quite r&b to me.

The Chopin reference was suggesting popularity<>quality. It’s full of my bias tho, was just looking for a hallmark of quality that doesn’t get much play time. Ultimately my point was; it doesn’t matter what me or anyone else thinks when it comes to your subjective enjoyment :)
Oh yeah I got you I took the reference the wrong way lol. Yeah I like some super popular stuff for sure and will never judge something because its popular. I have mostly listen to the same boom bap with a little bit of back packer since the mind 90's. Hopefully no one catches me rocking Natalie Imbrulgia's Torn with my open eared headphones though lol..

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
Turn that shit up!! Imbrulgia was dope!

Sorry @JBeezYBabY , derailed that pretty bad.

More hip hop favourites from me (they were pretty big in uk, don’t know how well it exported):

Feat dj shadow and UNKLE, solo stuff is more pure hip hop, but this song is legit

Noice

Love this track, lofi backing is nice and I love the simple flow.

Favorite artist that I feel doesn't get a lot of love is Kaan. He has probably one of the best flows in the game right now, and also has some other deep songs when he's not showing off haha.

Kaancepts (not really focused on lyricism, just flow ability he hits 11.1 syllabus/sec in this one)

White Lines (probably his best song, good flow, talking about his come up)

Other songs I recommend are his Rap God remix (showcasing flow ability) and Positive (good vibes song)

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Has anyone had an experience with video games pushing people straight into the Hip Hop Genre? I grew up playing the Tony Hawk Series and the Def Jam Fighting Games and those soundtracks are IMMACULATE. Just do yourself a favor and listen to the hip hop soundtrack in Tony Hawk Underground and the soundtrack from the first 2 Def Jam games (Vendetta and Fight for NY). Awesome mix of songs to choose from and branch out to listen to other artists.

By the way, my picture is from Def Jam Fight for NY. Redman and Meth! :D

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
Has anyone had an experience with video games pushing people straight into the Hip Hop Genre? I grew up playing the Tony Hawk Series and the Def Jam Fighting Games and those soundtracks are IMMACULATE. Just do yourself a favor and listen to the hip hop soundtrack in Tony Hawk Underground and the soundtrack from the first 2 Def Jam games (Vendetta and Fight for NY). Awesome mix of songs to choose from and branch out to listen to other artists.

By the way, my picture is from Def Jam Fight for NY. Redman and Meth! :D
Ever play ‘Wu Tang: Taste the Pain’ hella fun FG

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
Favorite artist that I feel doesn't get a lot of love is Kaan. He has probably one of the best flows in the game right now, and also has some other deep songs when he's not showing off haha.

Kaancepts (not really focused on lyricism, just flow ability he hits 11.1 syllabus/sec in this one)

White Lines (probably his best song, good flow, talking about his come up)

Other songs I recommend are his Rap God remix (showcasing flow ability) and Positive (good vibes song)
I can get behind this, any eps/albums you’d recommend?

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I'm edgy as hell, and come from a background in metal so this is my type of Hip-Hop as of recent
BUT I love Vince Staples, Kendrick, Run The Jewels, Odd Future, just to name a few
Also I know he's a "Lil" so he is often placed in that category but Lil Peep (RIP) made some pretty good vibe music.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Have you heard of Rittz? He’s a great rapper from my area. Him and Logic are my two favorite rappers right now.

C-Sword

Noob
Rittz is a beast, one of the best fast rappers, his best album is Next To Nothing. I've tried to get into Logic, not a very a big fan.