What's new

Hip Hop Heads, Should There Be Rules To Rap Beef?

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
From 2000 and on? What phone had that? I didn't even have a proper Motorola back then that took even a grainy picture. Wait. I had the bulky one piece with the greenish screen. Ain't no one had a camera phone that shit would get snatched right quick.

Other peoples would show love like Saukrates, Bishop, and rassthug would show mad love and cred.

And we don't "DO" videos lol.
Live footage of the pyramids being built please or I'm calling hoax

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
And look what happened to .....damn i forgot his name already lol. Check Mate, Eminem.
Controversial opinion time- Eminem's weak at disses and has been for a long time but people didn't notice because he spent so much time picking fights with people like Mariah Carey and that techno dj

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Controversial opinion time- Eminem's weak at disses and has been for a long time but people didn't notice because he spent so much time picking fights with people like Mariah Carey and that techno dj
For his prowess as a wordsmith, he still hasn't gotten over homophobic slurs, tirades about the media, and fantasies about engaging in domestic abuse with imaginary women. But certainly, let's ignore this because he can spin a metaphor.

I find rap too willfully ignorant today. Or maybe the substance is something I've risen above. "Yeah, I'm a dumbass. But look at this video of me waving a gun, throwing money, and being a misogynist!"

I mean, what the hell happened? Where's the poetry? Where's the resistance?

ReallyMontana

Making Proper Adjustments
There’s should be no official rules. More like a unwritten code that you can choose to follow or not. Drake my favorite artist but he brought that mans wife so Pusha T took it to another level. Drake did the right thing by not responding & took his L. Use the surrender tactic. But Drake gotta stop talking about that battle as if he still wants smoke with Push.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
TFW everyone’s just hating bc they don’t even have their own emojis:

Cam'ron once said hip-hop beefs are just an act, but I think we all know that these beefs can result in real violence. Threatening people's lives is illegal and could be prosecuted if these threats are deemed "credible".

Cam'ron is a damn act! Hes weak.

Cam'Ron also started the Stop Snitchin' Campaign and once said on 60 minutes that he wouldn't turn a serial killer into the police even if he lived next door, but then after that it turns out that he also filed a police on some dudes who beat him up at a basketball game.

I don't know about hip hop beefs needing rules, but I think the motto of the story is don't listen to Cam'Ron

I see you read Cam'ron's Wikipedia page.

I never once read that fuckboi's wiki

C-Sword

Noob
Against All Odds is the best diss song, Pac actually called out gang members.

I like Em, but he's not even that good at dissing, the only top tier MC he went after was Canibus, Can-I-B#tch is a joke song, he didn't destroy him lyrically. I wish Em would've had answered Evidence's Searching For Bobby Fisher.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Against All Odds is the best diss song, Pac actually called out gang members.

I like Em, but he's not even that good at dissing, the only top tier MC he went after was Canibus, Can-I-B#tch is a joke song, he didn't destroy him lyrically. I wish Em would've had answered Evidence's Searching For Bobby Fisher.
Right now he had a choice between Joe Budden, MGK, both, or neither, and of course decided to send shots at MGK but duck out on Buddens

Absolutely not. There are no rules in rap beef. People are making rules now when their favorite rapper gets slaughtered. Drake can talk all he wants but if he doesn't put it on wax he loses. This makes him look weak in rap culture.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Right now he had a choice between Joe Budden, MGK, both, or neither, and of course decided to send shots at MGK but duck out on Buddens
Budden is ducking EM. Em wants the smoke. Budden is retired on his podcast talkin shit saying he would destroy em in a battle....but he ain't gonna bc he's retired lol. he's not going at em on a song. This is hip hop. That would be like him making a diss song about akademics.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Budden is ducking EM. Em wants the smoke. Budden is retired on his podcast talkin shit saying he would destroy em in a battle....but he ain't gonna bc he's retired lol. he's not going at em on a song. This is hip hop. That would be like him making a diss song about akademics.
BAM! He did shoot at Joe, Mr @God Confirm. Joe is a personality now. He said the one way he will come out of retirement is if Em does another FIRE song dissing him actually "saying something" in his words. Em aint gonna do that shit, hes already winning breaking records with not only his Album that just got released but his diss song broke records being the most viewed hip hop track AS A DISS TRACK ever! Em don't need to do anything else.