What's new

Question - Hunter Highest damage TYM can get with Hunter post 9-21 patch?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains

Title is self explanatory!
all the other threads are outdated and i figured id ask here:)

What can you do with hunter?

How Much damage can you squeeze out of one Bar?

Highest Damage Safe Trap, Stealth, Heal Setups?

Highest Damage 2 Bar?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is my 2 Setups that i recorded for a friend:
just to start it off:

some on other sites are claiming to have 45% and above with hunter only 1 bar?
Said by Quasil5 on Google+/YouTube: i have 44or 45% with one bar with the hunter
i cant do it or havent found it yet.

i just want to know what others on here can do...after Patchs!

post your video below

Last edited:

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
The 2 bar "sonicfox" combo does 52% now, 49% if you do it off wakeup MB schimitar stab. If you lay down a trap and do the 3,2, 1+3 and throw them into it you can get 51% with one bar or 45% meterless but that's pretty situational and not the easiest thing to land in game obviously

Last edited:

infamy23

FireBeard
b311 EXbf4 4 EXbf2 run b2 db4 b2 bf4b tech roll, dash forward, bf2 4 bf4 (52%)

If you start with standing 4 it's 53%

Last edited:

navaroNe

Its 52% unless you add the jump in punch at the beginning. Also in the first video why would you spend the bar on the smart disc for 29%? you can get 32% meterless by doing 3,1, close trap, 3,1 (trap catches them) , bf2, F4, NJP, B3,1,1 close trap. Or if you wanna spend the bar could do 3,1 close trap, 3, 1 (trap catches) BF2, F4, NJP, B3,1,1 , MB BF4, B3,1,1 close trap . Puts them in the same vortex for one bar and does 40%

MadeOfMetal

its setup heavy but 3 2 1+3 into trap can get you like 50% with one bar
do you have the full notation?

The 2 bar "sonicfox" combo does 52% now, 49% if you do it off wakeup MB schimitar stab. If you lay down a trap and do the 3,2, 1+3 and throw them into it you can get 51% with one bar or 45% meterless but that's pretty situational and not the easiest thing to land in game obviously
id love to have the notation of that combo, and the others you think are more practical

b311 EXbf4 4 EXbf2 run b2 db4 b2 bf4b tech roll, dash forward, bf2 4 bf4 (52%)

If you start with standing 4 it's 53%
awesome do you have footage? id really appreciate it... that sounds like it looks sick, and very timing based...;) id love to learn that one

Its 52% unless you add the jump in punch at the beginning. Also in the first video why would you spend the bar on the smart disc for 29%? you can get 32% meterless by doing 3,1, close trap, 3,1 (trap catches them) , bf2, F4, NJP, B3,1,1 close trap. Or if you wanna spend the bar could do 3,1 close trap, 3, 1 (trap catches) BF2, F4, NJP, B3,1,1 , MB BF4, B3,1,1 close trap . Puts them in the same vortex for one bar and does 40%
do all of you guys or any of you guys ahve Footage of this. or can you give me full notation.

like several notations for several combos..

i really would appreciate the effort

navaroNe

the 2 bar 52/53% combo is b3,1,1 EX bf4, 4, EX bf2, b2, db4, short run, b2 bf4(throw towards trap) that knocks you down so you gotta tech roll then bf2, 4 bf4 as infamy said. ill post the videos for those in a sec

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

52% 2 bar "sonicfox" combo

45% meterless throw combo

52% 1 bar throw combo

32% meterless corner setup

40% 1 bar corner setup

i can add the notations if you want, you can probably see most of it in the videos on the side
ty i got em all down now. but maybe for others you might add notation

when you have them hung up and throw the disc, are you using F4 or just 4 to get the opponent to fly into the disc?

So many times, especially online, when I do F4 into the disc, they just fly across the screen

navaroNe

I do F4 personally , you have to be quick with it though. If you're late throwing the disc or doing the F4 after the disc they will start to fall before the F4 hits and that's when they fly across the screen but if you hit the F4 before the disc touches them and before they start to fall you can juggle them . Standing 4 will also work just does slightly less dmg

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I can get over 45% meterless and its such an easy setup. If you predict a delayed wakeup after a scimitar stab, throw a far trap and you have three options here.

1. Throw them on their wakeup and they land on the trap.
2. Jump kick if you think they will nap and they land on the trap. If they block, its a quick overhead to low transition. Their jump back option is prevented since the trap will catch them.
3. Run to push them forward a bit and then 3,2 for an unblock able.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
its more of a setup, but one of the things ive been experimenting with is having a corner carry combo and ending in 4~close trap. the trap won't be triggered because their not close enough, but you can do just about any string you want and cancel into the explosion which should catch them if you spaced it right.

thought that would be interesting toshare :)

navaroNe

I can get over 45% meterless and its such an easy setup. If you predict a delayed wakeup after a scimitar stab, throw a far trap and you have three options here.

1. Throw them on their wakeup and they land on the trap.
2. Jump kick if you think they will nap and they land on the trap. If they block, its a quick overhead to low transition. Their jump back option is prevented since the trap will catch them.
3. Run to push them forward a bit and then 3,2 for an unblock able.
nice. for the second one it would be a jump in kick right?

Red King

One ugly motherfucker!
Considering you can do a 44% 2 bar universally with predator (and up to 49% if you end in the corner) it doesn't seem like Hunter is worth giving up Hish-Qu-Ten's superior footsie game.