What's new

High Voltage comments on PC MKX Patch Released over the Weekend

Tim Static

Adminerator
Over this past weekend, High Voltage Software released a patch for the PC port of Mortal Kombat X, and took to their Facebook page to alert MKX PC players about it. HVS is continuing to work on making the game work perfectly and get more patches out ASAP. Check out their comment at the link below, or the screencap I provided. Make sure you like their Facebook page to keep in touch with them & let them know about any issues with the game.

https://www.facebook.com/HighVoltageSoftware/posts/930497606971319

Attachments

st9rm

viennality.com
performance wise, the pc version runs fine on my rig
only the game crashing randomly after a few matches and the online stats not being saved, is a pain in the ass

ZoO

Noob
Are the consoles less laggy than PC? If so, I'd consider buying it for the PS4. I don't really want to but it's MK. It's my fav game. The PC version is pretty laggy for me, most of the time.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I love this generation where the consumer is the beta tester...

Don't start with your "well if this was the 90's" excuses...

LBSH how many games did you play as a child / young man back in the day and they had multiple functions of the game unable to play / working? Sure there were the cheap characters, but I'm talking about ALL games...

Being able to patch games is saving face for 99% of companies these days...if they didn't update would you seriously buy a game that is 85% ready for release?

I can't remember a game from my childhood that was nothing but bugs, but now it's like nothing works, nothing is finished, you better be happy we offer dlc, and thanks for the wait it's coming soon... Before any of you jump on this and start naming games, I wonder if you can name five games released in the same year that was so buggy it couldn't be enjoyed...Yet, every single game released in this generation seems to fall under this category.

Video games cost so much these days to make, but maybe...just maybe if they gave us a complete product things would turn out better for them...OR is it better to leave a trail of bread crumbs...

I love this generation where the consumer is the beta tester...

Don't start with your "well if this was the 90's" excuses...

LBSH how many games did you play as a child / young man back in the day and they had multiple functions of the game unable to play / working? Sure there were the cheap characters, but I'm talking about ALL games...

Being able to patch games is saving face for 99% of companies these days...if they didn't update would you seriously buy a game that is 85% ready for release?

I can't remember a game from my childhood that was nothing but bugs, but now it's like nothing works, nothing is finished, you better be happy we offer dlc, and thanks for the wait it's coming soon... Before any of you jump on this and start naming games, I wonder if you can name five games released in the same year that was so buggy it couldn't be enjoyed...Yet, every single game released in this generation seems to fall under this category.

Video games cost so much these days to make, but maybe...just maybe if they gave us a complete product things would turn out better for them...OR is it better to leave a trail of bread crumbs...
Thats because games back then are simpler, so less things will be going wrong. One example is the nokia phone, it has a lot less function so there are less problems to think about or to solve. Unlike andoid/iphone, it is easily broken, glitches are common, and so are crashes. Back then you dont have massive missions of towers and 5 hours story mode, thats why they made it hard.

This goes the same with cars, expensive cars break down easier because there are more functions but not because theyre bad cars. There for the probability of breaking down is higher than lets say the corolla.

I mean i bet you the game pong for atari has a lot less gliches than mario

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
they need to patch those problems(and many more) ASAP, because like that, i'm not gonna give a month, for this game to be completely dead online.....

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Thats because games back then are simpler, so less things will be going wrong. One example is the nokia phone, it has a lot less function so there are less problems to think about or to solve. Unlike andoid/iphone, it is easily broken, glitches are common, and so are crashes. Back then you dont have massive missions of towers and 5 hours story mode, thats why they made it hard.

This goes the same with cars, expensive cars break down easier because there are more functions but not because theyre bad cars. There for the probability of breaking down is higher than lets say the corolla.

I mean i bet you the game pong for atari has a lot less gliches than mario
See this is where the problem lies...new age technology with old time thinking. If I understand what you're saying is right...we are all just mice in a giant experiment. As time moves on we hold our selves to a higher standard.

Your expensive car analogy is the dumbest thing I've ever read; which doesn't surprise me for this site. "Exepnsive" car is a pretty broad term...are we talking about a R34 Skyline with low miles, a near perfect restoration of a of BMW E30 M3 Evo III? Judging by technology wise I'm going to say you mean a Lincoln patent for a 30-way seat...i kid i kid. Ok expensive...lets take a Ferrari 458 for example...the amount of power coming out of that car, the expensive materials used to make that car perform at it's best are all used and worn down over time, nothing lasts for ever. More power the more something is going to get worn down; Ferrari maintenance is roughly $1 a mile for 00-15 models. Expensive cars don't break down...the majority of them; it's idiot owners that lack the common sense to maintain them properly.

The sheer fact that you think mistakes are acceptable because things got to complicated is a joke.

Last edited:
See this is where the problem lies...new age technology with old time thinking. If I understand what you're saying is right...we are all just mice in a giant experiment. As time moves on we hold our selves to a higher standard.

Your expensive car analogy is the dumbest thing I've ever read; which doesn't surprise me for this site. "Exepnsive" car is a pretty broad term...are we talking about a R34 Skyline with low miles, a near perfect restoration of a of BMW E30 M3 Evo III? Judging by technology wise I'm going to say you mean a Lincoln patent for a 30-way seat...i kid i kid. Ok expensive...lets take a Ferrari 458 for example...the amount of power coming out of that car, the expensive materials used to make that car perform at it's best are all used and worn down over time, nothing lasts for ever. More power the more something is going to get worn down; Ferrari maintenance is roughly $1 a mile for 00-15 models. Expensive cars don't break down...the majority of them; it's idiot owners that lack the common sense to maintain them properly.

The sheer fact that you think mistakes are acceptable because things got to complicated is a joke.
I didnt say that it does not matter or acceptable, I said that the probably of having more problems is greater. Therefore games today have a higher probability of more problems than games back then. Im merely giving an explanation with out opinion. Even with the car example, the reliability of Ferrari is not even close to the corolla. The average life of the car tells us this; now does the corolla has as much function as Ferrari? Definitely not

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
Did they fix the issue with frame rate? When it came out I was unable to play in 4k as it would shutter every other frame if I dropped the res it helped but not fixed completely.

Thanks for any response.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
The top1 priority of HVS should be to make the netcode at PC version better. I mean, I'm only capable of playing fine against people that live in the same city that me. And even so, it's not 100% perfect, there's a little big of lag.

But If I try to play against US players (I'm from Brazil) or even people from another states, there's where the lag becomes REAL.

I just hope that someday we can have a smooth online experience like PS4/XONE users are having.

Medina4life

Media Master
The top1 priority of HVS should be to make the netcode at PC version better. I mean, I'm only capable of playing fine against people that live in the same city that me. And even so, it's not 100% perfect, there's a little big of lag.

But If I try to play against US players (I'm from Brazil) or even people from another states, there's where the lag becomes REAL.

I just hope that someday we can have a smooth online experience like PS4/XONE users are having.
Having good netcode like that between regions that far isn't a problem HVS can fix, nor any game studio really. That's an entirely different issue.

Did they fix the issue with frame rate? When it came out I was unable to play in 4k as it would shutter every other frame if I dropped the res it helped but not fixed completely.

Thanks for any response.
Nah, they didn't unfortunately. The game has serious optimization problems. Particularly on the Jungle and Destroyed City (past) stage. X-rays and Fatalities drop below 30fps as well. I don't think the fps problems will be fixed any time soon.

Nah, they didn't unfortunately. The game has serious optimization problems. Particularly on the Jungle and Destroyed City (past) stage. X-rays and Fatalities drop below 30fps as well. I don't think the fps problems will be fixed any time soon.
That only seems to be an issue with AMD cards however Sky Temple seems to be the worst overall with stuttering and massive fps drops. Also most cinematic stuff is locked at 30 fps.

That only seems to be an issue with AMD cards however Sky Temple seems to be the worst overall with stuttering and massive fps drops. Also most cinematic stuff is locked at 30 fps.
Yeah I do use a AMD card. Interesting enough, sky temple runs at a constant 60fps for me. I'm guessing sky temple is a Nvidia problem.

I'm really trying hard to explain this in a nice way, but your parents owe me an apology.

You should have never brought up cars...

The average life of a car...ok lets compare a ferrari, which is a brand, to a corolla which is a model made by toyota...but not only that, but you want to compare the AVERAGE life span of them.

Let me break this down for you...

Ferrari: A COLLECTORS car that is "usually" treated properly throughout generations and constantly resold at auctions or as restoration projects.

Corolla: A car that Hispanics buy when they can't find a Honda civic with flames and eventually ends up in a junk yard.

BTW...Yes, A Corolla does have MORE "function" than a Ferrari!!!

A CAR IS NOT COMPARABLE TO A VIDEO GAME! IF ANYTHING AN OLDER CAR REQUIRES MORE MAINTENANCE THAN A NEWER CAR!!!
Someone needs to study up on the straw man falacy......

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Having good netcode like that between regions that far isn't a problem HVS can fix, nor any game studio really. That's an entirely different issue.
Yes, it's true. Even tho I still remember playing MK9 at PS3 against Shoryuken (is he still alive? It's been a while since i heard of the guy) and our latency were just fine. I could play fine against the majority of players from Brazil and Argentina.

I'm not asking for a miracle, but I believe I should be able to play against people from my country just fine and that's really not the case in the PC version.

Edit: Injustice at PS3 was fine too, even better netcode than MK9. In your opinion why the netcode at PS4/XONE are better than at Steam?