What's new

Tech - High Tech High Tech Jacqui- Gauntlet Spark

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
That Combo is her bnb it works off of all her starters qbc'd and at level 2 you can get a full f2u2,2+4 rc 1212bf4 midscreen for at least 40% meterless from most starters. It also doesn't require max stamina.

I'm not sure about the 2+4 but I assume he'll low profile it and the exdd4 doesn't beat it. I've been level 2 and d4'd out as I touch the ground it just takes a bit if practice to get the timing down.

It's not a gimmick it all jails and is about 30% uninterruptable if I remember correctly. Also it's level 2 gauntlets only not level 1.

That's where you are mistaken. It doesn't matter how big the punish is point is everybody is getting a punish bar a select few, it also isn't unsafe for them as you have put jacqui full screen where she has absolutely no presence and would just have to hold them being potentially minus full screen, though I can't think of anyone who would be unsafe from a full screen projectile anyway. Your argument for this last point so far has literally been it's worth getting punished (however small you may deem it) and having to try and get in past zoning and start neutral all over again because i'll have slightly increased chip for a few seconds and a slighty stronger throw, this is all assuming you manage to get started and aren't opened up by the opponent who will probably have better footsie tools than Jacqui.
I wouldn't call it a bnb based purely on the difficulty level. Props to you if you can hit that off all her starters, but I'm willing to bet that you'd drop it at least 50% of the time in a real match.

The stuff you are saying about sub is definitely not true. Go test it. There is a gap he can armor through or backdash but that's about it.

The chip string is lvl 1 gauntlets for sure. Lvl 2 quick burst pushes you back too far to continue the pressure. Also, this can be escaped fairly easily with a low poke from half the cast. The rest I believe can get out with armor, but it's difficult to test.

You can force them to make a decision on a fullscreen knockdown by either charging gauntlets, running in, tech shield, or just do nothing and wait for them to do something unsafe. If you run in and they commit to a fireball, you can jump over it and punish them for a full combo. Other characters might have to commit to a fullscreen special like cage's shadow kick which you can duck and punish. Or raiden with superman. You'll have to determine your options on a matchup by matchup basis. I never said it would work on everybody.

Cosmos

Noob
I wouldn't call it a bnb based purely on the difficulty level. Props to you if you can hit that off all her starters, but I'm willing to bet that you'd drop it at least 50% of the time in a real match.

The stuff you are saying about sub is definitely not true. Go test it. There is a gap he can armor through or backdash but that's about it.

The chip string is lvl 1 gauntlets for sure. Lvl 2 quick burst pushes you back too far to continue the pressure. Also, this can be escaped fairly easily with a low poke from half the cast. The rest I believe can get out with armor, but it's difficult to test.

You can force them to make a decision on a fullscreen knockdown by either charging gauntlets, running in, tech shield, or just do nothing and wait for them to do something unsafe. If you run in and they commit to a fireball, you can jump over it and punish them for a full combo. Other characters might have to commit to a fullscreen special like cage's shadow kick which you can duck and punish. Or raiden with superman. You'll have to determine your options on a matchup by matchup basis. I never said it would work on everybody.
That bnb isn't difficult unless you're playing online with a bad connection. Offline it's fairly easy to hit consistently if you're familiar with a qbc into f2u2.

I make no guarantee about him being able to profile the 2+4 but he can definitely hit you out of exdd4.

No the chip string is level 2, if you charge the qb to level 2 you can get a 1212 to jail which can't be low profiled. I'm sure there is a video somewhere in the forums.

We are talking about a sparks setup from bf1 so assuming you have done the charge you are being punished full screen. You aren't forcing them to do anything they've just punished you with a projectile if not worse so they can safely throw more projectiles without risk of you being able to run at them and jump and punish.

If you are using Cage as an example he doesn't have to shadow kick, he can start his fireball game so jacqui is forced to make her way in with tech shield, if you start overusing tech shield you are going to eat a shadow kick where he can either gain positioning to start zoning again or he can go for oki. Assuming you get past the zoning he out footsies her with f3 and his d4 low profiles pretty much all of her options. This is why I don't think you should be going for a bf1 into a spark and why I was referring to how long spark lasts as it's not very likely you will still have charge if you get past all of that.

This isn't just cage specific a large majority of the cast will put you in a situation like this. This may just be a difference in playstyles but from my experience full screen charge isn't a good option, I will take corner carry anyday of the week :)

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
This may just be a difference in playstyles but from my experience full screen charge isn't a good option, I will take corner carry anyday of the week :)
Yes, I think we have a different theory on how HT should be played. In most MU's, I believe she should try to stay buffed as much as possible. We'll see how it all plays out in the end. It's probably going to boil down to how bad she can get punished for buffing and how easy it is to get back in after buffing. If she can get back in and there is no punish, then spark up. If they get a big punish, or zone her out, then just stay in their face.