What's new

Tech - High Tech High Tech Jacqui- Gauntlet Spark

So I've been looking for some forums here that could advice me on how to successfuly setup the gauntlet charge, but didn't find anyone.
So far the only way I see of doing it safely is charging the gauntlets after a successful B2 hit. I know you can cancel 121 into B2 as well as B14, but I haven't found any other strings that can be canceled into it, or if there is any other way to make it safe appart from B2.
Does someone know something regarding this?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
It's not 100% safe but BF1 sets up a gauntlet charge. Also, exBF4, and exDF2 put them full screen, so if you aren't in the corner it can be a decent setup. Again, these are not 100% safe but you can use bf1 against alot of characters. Other characters will have to commit to a wakeup, so you can mix up gauntlet charge vs. running back in. Also, exBF2 will also put them pretty far away and is a hard knockdown.

It's not 100% safe but BF1 sets up a gauntlet charge. Also, exBF4, and exDF2 put them full screen, so if you aren't in the corner it can be a decent setup. Again, these are not 100% safe but you can use bf1 against alot of characters. Other characters will have to commit to a wakeup, so you can mix up gauntlet charge vs. running back in. Also, exBF2 will also put them pretty far away and is a hard knockdown.
Yeh BF1 seems like a good option vs characters without teleport. Also I've found it can be safe after a neutral jump kick at a certain height, even on the corner (tested versus ex spin tempest lao).

Cosmos

Noob
The only time it's worth setting up gauntlet charge is an Ex Gauntlet Charge in the corner. From a midscreen b2 or bf1 you are putting the opponent too far away to warrant doing the charge as you then have to try and get yourself back in to start your pressure. A lot of the time you would have lost most of the charge just from getting back in. Not to mention there is no guarantee you will open the opponent up, so you'd be better off just taking the corner carry mid-screen.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
The only time it's worth setting up gauntlet charge is an Ex Gauntlet Charge in the corner. From a midscreen b2 or bf1 you are putting the opponent too far away to warrant doing the charge as you then have to try and get yourself back in to start your pressure. A lot of the time you would have lost most of the charge just from getting back in. Not to mention there is no guarantee you will open the opponent up, so you'd be better off just taking the corner carry mid-screen.
I agree that it's not worth it off a B2, but off a bf1 there is almost no reason not to gauntlet charge unless they can punish you for a full combo. Also, gauntlet charge lasts a lot longer now, about 15 real world seconds. That's plenty of time to get back in. Also, the increased chip damage and throw damage means you don't always have to open them up. Also, increased damage on all your armored reversals.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
I thought I remember hearing you can get a charge off on f12-GC on hit, safely.

Not 100% sure.

Cosmos

Noob
I agree that it's not worth it off a B2, but off a bf1 there is almost no reason not to gauntlet charge unless they can punish you for a full combo. Also, gauntlet charge lasts a lot longer now, about 15 real world seconds. That's plenty of time to get back in. Also, the increased chip damage and throw damage means you don't always have to open them up. Also, increased damage on all your armored reversals.
On paper it's a lot of time but high tech has to get in patiently otherwise you'll lose more life getting hit with projectiles than she will make up with spark damage. The increased chip is nice but seeing as almost all of her normals can be low profiled you have to play neutral to get started where even more gauntlet time is lost. I don't really consider throw an option as the damage increase is minimal and it throws them a fair distance where she has to get in again. I honestly would never use bf1 in high tech unless as a punish as the positioning is not favourable for her at all.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
On paper it's a lot of time but high tech has to get in patiently otherwise you'll lose more life getting hit with projectiles than she will make up with spark damage. The increased chip is nice but seeing as almost all of her normals can be low profiled you have to play neutral to get started where even more gauntlet time is lost. I don't really consider throw an option as the damage increase is minimal and it throws them a fair distance where she has to get in again. I honestly would never use bf1 in high tech unless as a punish as the positioning is not favourable for her at all.
Ideally, you would score a BF1, exBF4, exBF2 or exDF2 knockdown during the match. Then, you charge up to lvl 1. Now you have increased chip, more + frames, better mixups off f2u2 and increased combo potential and damage for 15 seconds. Then at some point during that 15 seconds you charge up again to get about 13 more seconds of lvl2 gauntlets. At this point you are doing double chip and massive damage. If you happen to get them in the corner at lvl1 or lvl2, the match is heavily in your favor. Some matches don't even last 25 seconds... so I really don't get this 'not enough time' talk.

Cosmos

Noob
Ideally, you would score a BF1, exBF4, exBF2 or exDF2 knockdown during the match. Then, you charge up to lvl 1. Now you have increased chip, more + frames, better mixups off f2u2 and increased combo potential and damage for 15 seconds. Then at some point during that 15 seconds you charge up again to get about 13 more seconds of lvl2 gauntlets. At this point you are doing double chip and massive damage. If you happen to get them in the corner at lvl1 or lvl2, the match is heavily in your favor. Some matches don't even last 25 seconds... so I really don't get this 'not enough time' talk.
First off I have no idea why you would be using exbf2 or exdf2 in high tech. From exbf4 you can be punished for setting up and from bf1 for the most part you can set up spark but be pretty minus for doing so. From a level 1 spark you don't have better mixups from f2u2 nor do you have increased combo potential. You also don't get a set up into level 2 unless you get a b2 or another bf1 as it's -60 odd and any decent player is getting a huge punish. Not to mention you don't get 15 seconds of anything as we've established you will be full screen and minus and you need to get in and get neutral started before you can do anything. All i'm saying is instead of it being a matter of "if you happen to get them to the corner at level 1 or level 2" you can just do her bnb mid-screen take the corner carry and then go straight into level 2 once you have taken them to the corner where she will actually be a threat.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
First off I have no idea why you would be using exbf2 or exdf2 in high tech. From exbf4 you can be punished for setting up and from bf1 for the most part you can set up spark but be pretty minus for doing so. From a level 1 spark you don't have better mixups from f2u2 nor do you have increased combo potential. You also don't get a set up into level 2 unless you get a b2 or another bf1 as it's -60 odd and any decent player is getting a huge punish. Not to mention you don't get 15 seconds of anything as we've established you will be full screen and minus and you need to get in and get neutral started before you can do anything. All i'm saying is instead of it being a matter of "if you happen to get them to the corner at level 1 or level 2" you can just do her bnb mid-screen take the corner carry and then go straight into level 2 once you have taken them to the corner where she will actually be a threat.
exBF2 can't be low profiled like her other armor. exDF2 sends them full screen ahead so you have a decent opportunity to charge gauntlets. lvl1 spark does get you a launcher in the corner off of F2U2. Also, they can't see you fake air ground pound while you are charged. That makes F2U2~DU4 into more pressure harder to deal with. Also, if you have gauntlets buffed to lvl1 and charge DF2 to lvl 2 in the corner, it launches for a full combo and big damage.

If you are waiting to get them into the corner before charging gauntlets, you are missing out on the damage you could have done, plus you sacrifice the damage to do the 212 knockdown.

Cosmos

Noob
exBF2 can't be low profiled like her other armor. exDF2 sends them full screen ahead so you have a decent opportunity to charge gauntlets. lvl1 spark does get you a launcher in the corner off of F2U2. Also, they can't see you fake air ground pound while you are charged. That makes F2U2~DU4 into more pressure harder to deal with. Also, if you have gauntlets buffed to lvl1 and charge DF2 to lvl 2 in the corner, it launches for a full combo and big damage.

If you are waiting to get them into the corner before charging gauntlets, you are missing out on the damage you could have done, plus you sacrifice the damage to do the 212 knockdown.
it can't be low profiled fair enough but on wakeup they can just block and punish all of her options anyway asides from maybe exdf2. I'm not talking about the corner as I already said that it's probably the only time worth charging sparks. You said it was worth doing midscreen aswell which is what I disagree with. If you are getting pressure from f2u2xxdu4 then your opponent obviously doesn't know the matchup. Exdd4 has no armour so they don't need to react to the difference between du4 or dd4 they can just d2 you in the air or poke you out of it as you land which is made much easier if you are doing it from a f2u2. 212 doesn't allow a safe charge it can be punished. Neither does Exdf2 or Exbf2. If you are talking about the corner the few perks you said such as f2u2 2+4 launching in the corner and slightly better chip and plus frames is good but it's all a hell of a lot better at level 2 where she gets her ridiculous guaranteed chip and much stronger pressure. There is no reason not to go straight to Level 2 in the corner.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
it can't be low profiled fair enough but on wakeup they can just block and punish all of her options anyway asides from maybe exdf2. I'm not talking about the corner as I already said that it's probably the only time worth charging sparks. You said it was worth doing midscreen aswell which is what I disagree with. If you are getting pressure from f2u2xxdu4 then your opponent obviously doesn't know the matchup. Exdd4 has no armour so they don't need to react to the difference between du4 or dd4 they can just d2 you in the air or poke you out of it as you land which is made much easier if you are doing it from a f2u2. 212 doesn't allow a safe charge it can be punished. Neither does Exdf2 or Exbf2. If you are talking about the corner the few perks you said such as f2u2 2+4 launching in the corner and slightly better chip and plus frames is good but it's all a hell of a lot better at level 2 where she gets her ridiculous guaranteed chip and much stronger pressure. There is no reason not to go straight to Level 2 in the corner.
exDF2 I would only use if you hit confirm a 121 string and you want to send them ahead towards the corner, or maybe off a standing 4 occasionally.

f2u2du4 is safe, so they risk being punished if they try to hit you out of it.

212 allows a safe charge in the corner if you end your combo super early and do 212 while they are still high in the air. I assumed that's how you were charging gauntlets in the corner. I was saying that I don't like doing that because you miss out on so much damage by ending the combo early.

I know exDF2, exBF2 don't give you a safe charge, but it's matchup dependent. Against Scorpion, yeah he can get a full combo into a vortex... But other characters can only get a projectile. Against them, it can be worth the risk.

Cosmos

Noob
exDF2 I would only use if you hit confirm a 121 string and you want to send them ahead towards the corner, or maybe off a standing 4 occasionally.

212 allows a safe charge in the corner if you end your combo super early and do 212 while they are still high in the air. I assumed that's how you were charging gauntlets in the corner. I was saying that I don't like doing that because you miss out on so much damage by ending the combo early.

I know exDF2, exBF2 don't give you a safe charge, but it's matchup dependent. Against Scorpion, yeah he can get a full combo into a vortex... But other characters can only get a projectile. Against them, it can be worth the risk.
From a hitconfirmed 121 I wouldn't spend a bar to push them to the corner I would just do her bnb which carries them a pretty far distance anyway.

I know f2u2du4 is safe but you spoke about f2u2du4 pressure. She doesn't get pressure from being -4 especially when most of her quick tools if you are trying to be disrespectful start off as highs.

In the corner I would go for a hitconfirm into a b2 exgauntlets. I'm willing to drop damage and take the extra frames not doing the 212 setup as I can space myself and open people up for 50% meterless combos playing footsies.

I really can't see any situation where being heavily minus and fullscreen is beneficial for a pressure character who struggles to actually get in and then start her pressure with terrible normals. Regardless of the degree to which she can be punished. The potential reward is no where near good enough to warrant the potential life you could lose having to try and get in again.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
From a hitconfirmed 121 I wouldn't spend a bar to push them to the corner I would just do her bnb which carries them a pretty far distance anyway.
Which Bnb? She isn't getting that much more damage doing anything else midscreen. I doubt the corner carry + frame advantage is as good as exDF2.

I know f2u2du4 is safe but you spoke about f2u2du4 pressure. She doesn't get pressure from being -4 especially when most of her quick tools if you are trying to be disrespectful start off as highs.
It's a stagger string. They are scared of your overhead or the unblockable ground pound so they block. When you land you have an 8 frame mid or you could throw.

In the corner I would go for a hitconfirm into a b2 exgauntlets. I'm willing to drop damage and take the extra frames not doing the 212 setup as I can space myself and open people up for 50% meterless combos playing footsies.
See, this is what I don't get. You want to drop 20% off your combo so if you open them up again you can do 20% bigger combos? This makes no sense to me.

I really can't see any situation where being heavily minus and fullscreen is beneficial for a pressure character who struggles to actually get in and then start her pressure with terrible normals. Regardless of the degree to which she can be punished. The potential reward is no where near good enough to warrant the potential life you could lose having to try and get in again.
Against some characters, this is true. Those are most likely the 3-7 matchups that she already has no matter how you slice it.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt

Youll eat an Ex glaive everytime you end it early so Scorp isnt the only one. Other then that I say keep it safe.

Cosmos

Noob
Which Bnb? She isn't getting that much more damage doing anything else midscreen. I doubt the corner carry + frame advantage is as good as exDF2.
It's a stagger string. They are scared of your overhead or the unblockable ground pound so they block. When you land you have an 8 frame mid or you could throw.
See, this is what I don't get. You want to drop 20% off your combo so if you open them up again you can do 20% bigger combos? This makes no sense to me.
Against some characters, this is true. Those are most likely the 3-7 matchups that she already has no matter how you slice it.
Any hitconfirm qbc f2u2xdu4 11 rc 4bf4. Good damage, solid wall carry much better positioning than an exdf2 and no meter.

That's the thing though they don't need to be scared off those things. Just as an example a Sub doing a d4 will beat out land into b2 will hit you out of exdd4 and is still safe if you choose to cancel and block. It's not just sub but the majority of the cast who can check you this way.

Yes because the 20% dropped off gives way to the potential to open someone up once to get at the very least a 50% standing reset with an exthrow or a 60% combo into oki. Not to mention in the corner it's not just the 20% bigger combos she gets her massive uninterruptable chip damage, her actual mixups with qbc cancels stemmed from conditioning etc.

No there are plenty of characters with a solid projectile and some sort of low profiling move that can make it difficult for jacqui to get her game started whilst keeping spark active. You can't palm them off as probably losing matchups anyway so it's irrelevant.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Any hitconfirm qbc f2u2xdu4 11 rc 4bf4. Good damage, solid wall carry much better positioning than an exdf2 and no meter.

That's the thing though they don't need to be scared off those things. Just as an example a Sub doing a d4 will beat out land into b2 will hit you out of exdd4 and is still safe if you choose to cancel and block. It's not just sub but the majority of the cast who can check you this way.

Yes because the 20% dropped off gives way to the potential to open someone up once to get at the very least a 50% standing reset with an exthrow or a 60% combo into oki. Not to mention in the corner it's not just the 20% bigger combos she gets her massive uninterruptable chip damage, her actual mixups with qbc cancels stemmed from conditioning etc.

No there are plenty of characters with a solid projectile and some sort of low profiling move that can make it difficult for jacqui to get her game started whilst keeping spark active. You can't palm them off as probably losing matchups anyway so it's irrelevant.
That combo is very difficult to connect and I'm not sure it even works off every starter. You'll need a full stamina meter as well.

The thing about Sub is not true. He'll lose to the overhead (2+4) if he tries to d4 and he'll also lose to dd4 which is also unblockable in lvl1 or lvl2.

Uninterruptable chip is kind of a gimmick as most characters can duck block and d1 out of it. Anyway, that only works in lvl1 gauntlet charge.

Your last point I've already addressed. It's MU dependent. Some characters you can't use these methods to buff gauntlets. I will say that probably 2/3 of the cast isn't getting very much of a punish and they will also have to commit to an unsafe move if you decide to not buff.

Cosmos

Noob
That combo is very difficult to connect and I'm not sure it even works off every starter. You'll need a full stamina meter as well.

The thing about Sub is not true. He'll lose to the overhead (2+4) if he tries to d4 and he'll also lose to dd4 which is also unblockable in lvl1 or lvl2.

Uninterruptable chip is kind of a gimmick as most characters can duck block and d1 out of it. Anyway, that only works in lvl1 gauntlet charge.

Your last point I've already addressed. It's MU dependent. Some characters you can't use these methods to buff gauntlets. I will say that probably 2/3 of the cast isn't getting very much of a punish and they will also have to commit to an unsafe move if you decide to not buff.
That Combo is her bnb it works off of all her starters qbc'd and at level 2 you can get a full f2u2,2+4 rc 1212bf4 midscreen for at least 40% meterless from most starters. It also doesn't require max stamina.

I'm not sure about the 2+4 but I assume he'll low profile it and the exdd4 doesn't beat it. I've been level 2 and d4'd out as I touch the ground it just takes a bit if practice to get the timing down.

It's not a gimmick it all jails and is about 30% uninterruptable if I remember correctly. Also it's level 2 gauntlets only not level 1.

That's where you are mistaken. It doesn't matter how big the punish is point is everybody is getting a punish bar a select few, it also isn't unsafe for them as you have put jacqui full screen where she has absolutely no presence and would just have to hold them being potentially minus full screen, though I can't think of anyone who would be unsafe from a full screen projectile anyway. Your argument for this last point so far has literally been it's worth getting punished (however small you may deem it) and having to try and get in past zoning and start neutral all over again because i'll have slightly increased chip for a few seconds and a slighty stronger throw, this is all assuming you manage to get started and aren't opened up by the opponent who will probably have better footsie tools than Jacqui.