What's new

High Level Scorpion

Derek

Noob
You can get a HP spear after the teleport but sometimes it's hard so I just do two LPs and a spear for more damage on top of the fact that two LPs are easier than one HP.

Scorpion Infinite Combo?

If Scorpion were to do a roundhouse at one end of the screen, teleport to the other side and do another roundhouse will it be possible to continue this sequence for a potential infinite? Ive tried to pull this off myself but no luck is it indeed possible?

no, the teleport punch will be eventually be cut off due to theres only a certain amount of hits before that abilty is turned off.

abc ur dead0 said:
Most you could get is

aaRH, TP, aahp, RH.

That's it. MAYBE another TP aahp, spear, but very hard.
No, you can't do the spear after 4 hits either. You could another teleport, JK (or uppercut.) Or maybe TP, HP, HK or LK, but that's about it.

Also, you don't need a HP after the teleport. You can RH, teleport, RH. Which you can follow up with a teleport then spear.

Ermac, on the other hand, can do all sorts of fun (low damage) stuff with the RH/teleport. For instance : slam, RH, TP, slam, RH, tp, slam, HP, HP, JK, sweep. That one only works against the computer, cus with the timing of the slam, they're actually blockable. But it still looks cool and does halfway decent damage.

The best one I do is with Shang Tsung. Towards the end of being Ermac I do teleport, slam, RH, teleport, slam, change to scorpion and spear/combo. It only does 39% damage, but it looks really cool. Again, it wouldn't work on a person, though, cus the second slam is blockable.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There's also that pesky time limit between uses in UMK3 arcade. On N64 there's no time limit between uses so you can do more of them in a combo, but the hit limit still exists.

Scorpion

Ok awhile ago i seen a combo in the corner with scorpion lp,lp,up lp, spear and combo how did he do this? i was trying and i couldnt pull it off it would take to long to spear.

RoGE

Noob
I think he means, HP,HP, U+LP, and spear, its like the round house inf in MK2, you gotta time it right.
Mashing will not work, I have never did this combo, just so you know.

Real T

Noob
What up vega. Yo, u don't have to start hitting them as soon as u pull them in with the spear. U can wait a second while they are stunned. Then do HP HP U+LP. That is enough time where u can throw another spear. Also, this combo can be performed against ANYONE if the whole thing is one of those combos in the corner where each hit juggles them in the air but it still lets u finish the whole string. Know what im sayin? But in that case, it means u didnt start with a spear first. U just catch them just right in the corner, in the air, and only do the 3 hit combo THEN spear.

Same method w/ H smoke since he has the HP HP U+LP combo as well. But who will do that shit with him when there is so much more u can do with him in the corner?

And dont forget robo smoke... same thing. Spear, (wait), HP, HP, LP, Spear in corner. OR no spear in the beginning to juggle the whole combo VS anyone... And w/ robo, he also has HP, HP, HK, and HK, HK, LP. ALL can be followed up with the spear in the end.

Off-topic, but HP, HP, U+LP, Teleport is a combo against Motaro.

I think on Trilogy you can spear him after that, too. I forget.

Iori9 said:
I think he means, HP,HP, U+LP, and spear, its like the round house inf in MK2, you gotta time it right.
Mashing will not work, I have never did this combo, just so you know.
Thats What i meant

Real T said:
What up vega. Yo, u don't have to start hitting them as soon as u pull them in with the spear. U can wait a second while they are stunned. Then do HP HP U+LP. That is enough time where u can throw another spear. Also, this combo can be performed against ANYONE if the whole thing is one of those combos in the corner where each hit juggles them in the air but it still lets u finish the whole string. Know what im sayin? But in that case, it means u didnt start with a spear first. U just catch them just right in the corner, in the air, and only do the 3 hit combo THEN spear.

Same method w/ H smoke since he has the HP HP U+LP combo as well. But who will do that shit with him when there is so much more u can do with him in the corner?

And dont forget robo smoke... same thing. Spear, (wait), HP, HP, LP, Spear in corner. OR no spear in the beginning to juggle the whole combo VS anyone... And w/ robo, he also has HP, HP, HK, and HK, HK, LP. ALL can be followed up with the spear in the end.
I'm sorry Real T, but this combo doesn't work on everyone. It works on Sheeva for sure, and maybe UnSub, the Robots and Nightwolf. This is because when they hit the ground, there is a series of unblockable frames, and because of the collision height for the characters named, the spear will hit them while in these unblockable frames.

*Thanks to Shock for explaining this to me when I asked a while back*

Real T

Noob
Rockzilla, I know what you are saying: if you only hit them on the ground the whole time in the corner- spear, (wait), HP, HP, U+LP, spear; then YES, it will only work Vs Sheeva, etc. *BUT*, if you understand what im trying to say; by catching them in the corner, while opponent is IN THE AIR, without the spear first, so its HP, HP, U+LP (ALL IN THE AIR in the corner) then you CAN follow up with a spear Vs ANYONE... they never toutch the ground! Its different than if you are both on the ground and you preform the combo. They will be high enough up to make this possible. "juggle/catch" them with the spear. They are still in the air; thus unblockable, thus Vs ANYONE.

You never got a combo off, with ANY character, with the opponent's back to the wall and they try to jump straight up, and you already started an auto combo, but you catch them in the right frame and do the "whole" combo "juggling" them? Its almost like a glitch. It lets you do the WHOLE dial-up, with no push-back, with each hit "keeping them in place" right in the air about head level against the wall. The last hit will push you back of course, but you can quickly cancel the push-back with a special (like normal). With this method, you can actually do either other of scorpion's combos (HP, HP, HK, B+HK OR HK, HK, LK, LK) and catch them with a spear at the end BEFORE they hit the ground because each of those combos are exactly 4 hits= you can still throw the spear... Vs ANYONE.

There should be a name and description for these wierd corner "wall-juggling complete dial-ups" somewhere. It happens quite often actually. And if a particular character's combo is within a certain hit limit of one of their specials, then there are potentials for combos that normally arent possible... or at least not mid-screen... I'm talking about dial-ups that are NOT pop-ups, but of the knock-back type where juggling afterwards usually isnt possible... if you "juggle hit" them with a pop-up combo against the wall as described, the last hit, the actual pop-up strike, will push you back and you WONT be able to cancel into a special or "recover" until they hit the ground.

But he isn't talking about it being "in the air". The combo HP HP U+LP is a basic autocombo. And all autocombos take place on the ground. You can't do the autocombo in the air. As far as I can tell, you're talking about doing aahphp aalp, with the aalp giving pushback so you can hit them with the spear. In that case, yes it does work. But from what I understand, V3GA never said anything about the combo being in the air, so you can't assume that's what he's talking about.

Derek

Noob
No, he's talking about when they're in the corner and jump back while you're doing an autocombo and it still hits them while they are in the air. Theoretically it could be done on anyone if that were to happen.

l SuGaR l said:
No, he's talking about when they're in the corner and jump back while you're doing an autocombo and it still hits them while they are in the air. Theoretically it could be done on anyone if that were to happen.
The best example I can think of is if you do Ermac's slam near the corner, then run over and hit them with the 5-hit autocombo when they're about knee high off the ground.

It happens a lot with Kung Lao, too. I think it's because his first hit is sorta high, so when they're trying to jump out of the corner while you're rushing in to do his 7-hit, you catch them off the ground with it. It happens mid-screen a lot, too, but you only ever get like 4 hits or so before they're too far away.

You might be able to do it with Scorpion in a 2vs2 when you get the first opponent with the spear and the second one comes reeling in off the ground. I imagine if you were close enough to the corner, you could to 3-hit, spear again. But you'd probably just do juggle punches. I never tried it, so I'm not sure.

Real T

Noob
Rockzilla-killa, I know vega is not talking about being in the air. I know what vega is talking about, and he is talking about being on the ground. I understand clearly. I'm not going off topic. I was just adding to the topic, mentioning the other stuff that can be done. And no, I am not talking about aaHP's or anything. sugar knows what im talking about. Im talking about preforming the whole dial-up WITH YOUR FEET ON THE GROUND, but the opponent is in the air and each hit connects. They are being "glitch juggled" by the actual dial-up. Its the animation for the combo, not aaHP's. I dont know much else to say or how else to explain. Its pretty clear for being so hard to put into text. I am not the one confused here. It'll click for you if you ever see it...

*sigh*

This is why i hardly ever post...

Don't blame shit on me. Maybe if V3GA actually described it more clearly I wouldnt've disagreed. He just said the autocombo, nothing about a "glitch juggle" or whatever crap. I know what you're talking about when you say that.

And if you have a problem with having a conversation and someone disagreeing with you then good, don't post here.

Rockzilla it was posted clearly but as everyone knows things are much harder to explain over text on the internet. It doesn't look like Real T is blaming shit on anyone; just trying to explain. Don't make a big deal of nothing.