What's new

High Level Scorpion

Does anyone have any vids of Scorpion being played at a high level?

I'm just interested to see how other folks play him. I will try to get some vids together of how I play him against the crew.

Thanks!

aC

Noob
holy triple-post batman! but yeah I agree with lex, hsmoke is everything scorpion is, but ++ ;)

dreemernj

Ambassador
This multiposting is getting ridiculous. The current host (GoDaddy) is turning out to be quite terrible.

The only problem I'm experiancing is when a page doesn't load and stays white. If that happens when you submit a post, the post is submitted so refreshing will double post it. I refreshed once. :(

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Yeah pick H.Smoke

I've been having trouble with the site lately too. I'd reply in a thread and get the "page not found", but instead of trying to repost, I go back and refresh (5 minutes later it does) my post is there. It's annoying.

Human smoke is better than scorpion, that doesn't mean you shouldn't be scorpion just because of that. It's just that his combos aren't as rewarding.

dreemernj said:
This multiposting is getting ridiculous. The current host (GoDaddy) is turning out to be quite terrible.
i agree i would say that 50% of the time i can't even get on here and check the forums i can check the main page but once i click forums i get a page cannot be found error its really annoying i end up closing IE or firefox about 100 times before i can check the forums also for some reason it always takes me about 20 secs to submit a post

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
i think playing with scorp requires more patience and tactic, with Hsmoke you have more options and speed, therefore more rushing/baiting

A pointer here is also in the variation with which you must play each. Smoke is Smoke is Smoke... he's not got alot of shortcomings, so expect alot of offense. Scorpion on the other hand can't be mastered unless you get the safety teleport down and work on your defense/ JK combos. Scorpion's way more fun in my opinion.

Kaiba

Noob
Scorpion

Last night I was playing UMK3, via SNES and was using Scorpion. Somehow I got the CPU in the corner and went for his usual 4 hit HP, HP, HK, B+HK; but then I got curious and managed to get his other 4 hit kick combo to connect. Is this blockable?

dreemernj

Ambassador
On SNES it seems like it definately could be unblockable. Hopefully someone can give a definite, otherwise I was planning on firing up UMK3 for SNES when I got home anyway :-D

Kaiba

Noob
Well to be a little more specific and give the setup;
I was fighting Robot Smoke, I jk at him in the corner, followed up with a hp, then spear, then the four hit hp,hp,hk, b+hk, finally the four hit kick combo. I think it read out 11 hits and somewhere in the mid 40's percent damage, but I'm pretty sure there could be more hits like a rh for more damage prior to the spear.

MKT Scorpion

What kind of juggles does his forward teleport punch open up? All I've done with it is JK, Forward Tele, Spear, 4-hit--33%. Any help would be much appreciated.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
the corner juggles are the best i guess.
jk,hp,front tlpt,rh,front tlpt, jk, air throw.
jk back to corner, normal tlpt, run hp, front tlpt, spear, combo.
midscreen aarh, tlpt, hp, front tlpt, spear, combo.
there are more obviously, just mess around with rhs in corner or aahp midscreen.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It's a little harder to do with Scorpion because of his walking animation being a tad slower. You'll notice a second HP will whiff on occassion.

first off, you can do this combo With Scorpion, just that against ninjas you must perform, one hp, walk a little and other hp+spear, and against many others (example: robots, sindel, jax, etc...) you can do hpx2 (like a chain combo) i dunno exactly your nomenclature if you help me with it i could explain better xD

well, I've been doing that combo with Scorpion. I think how the roundhouse connects is very important sometimes you can't get that B Hk, teleport,hp, spear combo, you just have to settle for a B HK, teleport, spear. if you get greedy youll miss the spear.