What's new

Discussion Hidden Cursor Select And Elimination of the First Free Counter Pick

Deep33

Noob
Don't you guys just adore the bums who wait around for your pick so they can get their first free counterpick in a tourny?

Hidden cursor on the bum so he doesn't get his first freebie.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Back in the MK9/Injustice online days those were my favourite mind games. You hover X and they hover the counter. So you hover the counter to that counter and they switch to another character etc. You can play the hidden cursor card or you can wait for the timer to run close to 0 then move your cursor around and at the last second pick a counter to who you think they'll pick. So toxic, yet so fun. Always made the stakes higher which I enojoyed quite a bit.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
The simplest approach for NRS is to copy other games when you pick your character BEFORE you start searching for an oponnent
Is there a reason hidden cursor is a bad idea other than it comes across as kinda tryhardish?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The caveat is that people who do this aren't usually good enough to beat anyone decent, anyway. They're like those trolls that played flowchart Deathstroke, etc. and then ragequit when the flowchart didn't work.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
The simplest approach for NRS is to copy other games when you pick your character BEFORE you start searching for an oponnent
I'd really like that. But ONLY if they have separate ranks for your individual characters. I like to learn new characters when I find the time, as I'm sure many people do, but you don't really want to be going up against competition that would be tough as nails for your longtime mains, much less your day 2 character. I take every opportunity now, when I encounter a mediocre player, to use one of my new characters to get more experience with them. Unfortunately, these encounters are becoming rather rare in MKX.