What's new

Hidden Character/Stage FAQs for people new to UMK3

StuScotsLazyEye as we may be the only ones with this problem I was told there is firmware for the system seperate from the HD this is where the problem may lie, also have you tried to erase all UMK3 data from HD which would contain achievments? if not I will try and report results....

and for the people that want to say YOUR NOT DOING IT RIGHT well I was doing something right for six months untill my 360 bricked only time I lost them before was stupid mistake and jumped right into online play, I recovered them after that and had no issues until R.I.P. 360

Shock that sounds like the same, I can't think how that is any different than than getting a new 360, my brain hurts and I just wanna Ermac juggle

I guess I have an Error MAChine

The only difference is you probably have the HD that your 360 was matched with, and what difference does that make you ask "I dont know" I dont know why I have this problem either

Here are the Kombat Kodes, not the Kombat Zones or secret messages.

999-999 - Shows what revision you are playing
010-010 - Throwing Encouraged
100-100 - No Throws
020-020 - No Blocking
987-123 - No Power Bars
300-300 - Silent Kombat
788-322 - Quick Uppercut Recovery
033-000 - Half Energy for Player 1
000-033 - Half Energy for Player 2
707-000 - Quarter Energy for Player 1
000-707 - Quarter Energy for Player 2
044-440 - Sans Power
688-422 - Dark Fighting
444-444 - Randper Kombat (random morphing) (or 460-460)
985-125 - Psycho Kombat (dark, randper, no meters, no block, quick uppercut)
466-466 - Unlimited Run
642-468 - Galaga

Yeah, I have the problem where you cannot save the unlocked characters no matter what.

It's depressing. I'm on a new 360 and a different hard drive than from the original I bought it on. That seems to be the problem.. :(

megalomaniacvon said:
Yeah, I have the problem where you cannot save the unlocked characters no matter what.

It's depressing. I'm on a new 360 and a different hard drive than from the original I bought it on. That seems to be the problem.. :(
That is the problem. I can't save characters when I put my hard drive in my cousins xbox. It has to be the original xbox, original hard drive and original gamertag(obviously) that you bought it with.

abc ur dead0 said:
megalomaniacvon said:

That is the problem. I can't save characters when I put my hard drive in my cousins xbox. It has to be the original xbox, original hard drive and original gamertag(obviously) that you bought it with.
http://www.ultimatemk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1910

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
If you switch controllers, log out, etc, while running the game, it'll often times lose the hiddens.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Since the move to the new forum, this link ^^ is dead.

Here's how you do it on a refurbished system (not same console you bought the game on):

1. Turn off Auto Sign-In, reboot Xbox
3. Load UMK3 Trial Game (or Full Game if your licenses have transferred)
5. Go to Arcade Mode and Sign In and make sure you have the characters

you might have to put the characters in again if it didnt work but after that do this again and you will have your characters. also you have to do this everytime to keep your characters but its easy

Thanks V3GA.

i frequently change from the stick to controller in the main menu, so I have to sign out and sign in, will this raise chances of characters disappearing cause I hate that damn code.

Its 2008, fucking eh. There isnt anything secret about this game.

Patch this game, Midway. Fucking christ.
Yeah thats right man. Its been way too long. Im tired of playing in Hell!! It gets old after a while. Oh and for the secret characters- I've had them for a week then they disappear. I also made sure I followed what your FAQ said. I gave up on hidden chars. -.-

Tim Static

Adminerator
Yeah thats right man. Its been way too long. Im tired of playing in Hell!! It gets old after a while. Oh and for the secret characters- I've had them for a week then they disappear. I also made sure I followed what your FAQ said. I gave up on hidden chars. -.-
But if you do it right, you should never really have to re-enter the codes.

But Ermac is vital, I can do without C.Sub & Milleena.

As a matter of fact, I offer a trade. I'll give up Shang for Ermac. lol

wazz

Noob
thnx the guide to unlockin the 3 characters was gd thnx konqrr.

1 question. if i start up umk3 and go stright in online match will i lose my 3 characters ?

Tim Static

Adminerator
thnx the guide to unlockin the 3 characters was gd thnx konqrr.

1 question. if i start up umk3 and go stright in online match will i lose my 3 characters ?
YES.

You have to play Arcade mode first. You only have to select character and then quit while its on the ladder and then go to online.

But you have to do that EVERYTIME.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You only have to select arcade mode, you don't even have to get to the character select screen before you quit and it will still keep your characters.

wazz

Noob
YES.

You have to play Arcade mode first. You only have to select character and then quit while its on the ladder and then go to online.

But you have to do that EVERYTIME.
You only have to select arcade mode, you don't even have to get to the character select screen before you quit and it will still keep your characters.
thnx tim static and konqrr for the info

y cant they release a update or a patch so i dnt need 2 go to arcade mode every time i wana play online umk3 wit the 3 hidden characters. this aint a big deal but it wud b great if they did it

Tim Static

Adminerator
thnx tim static and konqrr for the info

y cant they release a update or a patch so i dnt need 2 go to arcade mode every time i wana play online umk3 wit the 3 hidden characters. this aint a big deal but it wud b great if they did it
No problem.

And Yeah. I dont get why these cant be unlocked for good, or just be unlocked from the beginning.

The game is almost 14 years old!!! Nothing is a secret anymore! lol