What's new

Hidden Character/Stage FAQs for people new to UMK3

dreemernj

Ambassador
The FAQ is now listed in the 'UMK3 Gameplay Guides' section under General Guides. It does not open in a window, so eventually I will probably do a quick reformat to make the content fit into a standard UMK style window.

whenever u unlock a character online you can play as that character for one match then he/she becomes locks again, me and br0ken tested this out

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I remember you telling Shock and I this, but you didn't elaborate whether you could keep the hiddens or not.

This FAQ isn't "mine", it's just created by me from various people's information I've gathered in the past week.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I can't believe that unlocking them online doesn't save. It's so silly. If anything that shuld permanently unlock them online at the very least. Eventually just about everyone would have them.

got a question now that i see this FAQ, could you please do this with the ps2 version? (Mortal Kombat Armageddon: Premium Edition) please??, thanks:)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
What were you needing help with on the PS2 port?

EDIT: Updated some of the images and added some screens. It looks better overall. If there is anything that anyone needs clarification on let me know.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Shock said:
I can't believe that unlocking them online doesn't save. It's so silly. If anything that shuld permanently unlock them online at the very least. Eventually just about everyone would have them.
i think that secret chars should be no more hidden...c'mon the game is 10 years old..there was no need to keep 'em hiddens imo

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I agree...wtf? Can't be that hard to hack the ROM for these home ports of the arcade to include the hiddens. The MAME team did it for other fighters.

K4B4L

Noob
When i was unlocking the three hidden charecters i found it easier to hitt the guide button after every few buttons i pressed. Just a little snid bit of help for the people like me who cant enter the whole code st once. And i got a question. I unlocked the charecters about a few days ago then yesterday i found out they they where all gone. Do u think this is a problem with my 360 or the actually game?

K4B4L said:
When i was unlocking the three hidden charecters i found it easier to hitt the guide button after every few buttons i pressed. Just a little snid bit of help for the people like me who cant enter the whole code st once. And i got a question. I unlocked the charecters about a few days ago then yesterday i found out they they where all gone. Do u think this is a problem with my 360 or the actually game?
Did you read the guide?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
They could easily release some kind unviersal of nvram file or the equivalent for everyone so that they are always unlocked.

K4B4L

Noob
DAVE101 said:
K4B4L said:
Did you read the guide?
yes i did and it was very helpful

I would like to add a comment to this guide...

This only works if you are using the Xbox to which you purchased and downloaded UMK3 onto originally. XBLA games are "tied" to the consoles they were purchased/downloaded for. For example, I had UMK3 downloaded on my original 360, but it died on me. When I got a unit back (you keep the hard drive and only send back the console), it was a different unit, and now characters will not save. Redownloading does not solve this either.

XBLA games seem to be tied with something hardware-specific in the console, and until they patch for this, you won't be able to recover the hidden characters after you quit the game.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I logged in as another account ILP was using (who lives in California and I live in NJ), he saved the hidden characters on his computer. When I loaded the game on my Xbox, the hidden characters were still unlocked. I exited, restarted, and they were still there.