What's new

Guide Hermes Dash Cancel Pressure (Revision 3.0)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Looks good, his fastest attack will come out when he is at -4 like Skarlet, which probably places him close to the same department as she is in some cases, but overall, his attacks still take a good chunk of time to come out after that doesn't he?

Looks good, his fastest attack will come out when he is at -4 like Skarlet, which probably places him close to the same department as she is in some cases, but overall, his attacks still take a good chunk of time to come out after that doesn't he?
Well, if done perfectly, Kratos' 12-framers will come out in only 4 frames due to the block and cancel advantage of the appropriate strings.

In neutral conditions, yes, Kratos is slow with all of his good attacks being 12 frames and over. His fastest poke comes out in 8 frames and is still very meh at best.

What situations do you, personally, use his Flash Parry?
My most common use for his Flash Parry is against humans who repeatedly B4 after a knockdown. Kratos has no answer to a sweep, considering he is quite slow, and....I think all sweeps do not have enough frame disadvantage on block for Kratos to capitalize. I Flash Parry through the second attempted sweep into F4,2, since it is Kratos' mid-hitting, combo-starting string.

On the off-chance they do not sweep a second time, the Flash Parry should absorb anything they might try to do, barring X-Rays. Quickly inputting F4 after the Flash Parry is important to not getting beat out by a second attack after the armor frames wear off.
If my opponent chooses to block instead, there's enough time for me to react to the inaction and Hermes Dash Cancel the F4 into HDC pressure, and because they are likely expecting the whole F4,2 string, they won't release block during the frame gap in F4xxHDC.

Second use of the Flash Parry is when I am cornered and facing pressure, I do an EX HDC into an attempted crossup. Though on several occasions, I let the whole EX Hermes Dash go, since I'm usually not fast enough to jump out of the corner and thereby get caught by the incoming pressure. In those cases, the Hermes Rush wouldn't have been blocked anyway.