What's new

Her Majesty's Kouncil - Episode 36: Do you even react bro?

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Hey everyone we're back for another episode before CEO this weekend. The Big Red Machine causes quite the stir this week as we talk about Atrocitus' 50/50. Remaining topics and MP3 version are below.

Sound is still a little off balance this week unfortunately (when Jim gets salty its worse) but I think I'll have it corrected for the next episode.

MP3 Version

Topics:

Start - Input issues discussion.
19:00 - The return of the OS?
28:00 - What characters are getting over exposed?
54:00 - What characters are being ignored?

@PND OmegaK @PND_Ketchup @PND_Mustard @SneakyTortoise @TheGabStandard @Undeadjim @Matix218 @Youphemism @Scott The Scot @Klesk_1 @Nausea @UsedForGlue @Madzin @PunkMafia83 @IrishMantis @1man3letters @JustinXavier21 @Paul the Octopus @ChatterBox @Phosferrax @ZigZag @st9rm @rubmytaco @STRYKIE @xZoro @PND i2 Gaug3 @Falkunn @The Bearded Dan @Espio @ENDeverMORE @The_Tile

Tweedy

Noob
Jtb lost me after acting like low lightning is hard to react to, then claiming low puddle is reactable.

JTB123

before i listen, is the title of this of this podcast because the reason i think is it?
@Undeadjim
Yes.

Jtb lost me after acting like low lightning is hard to react to, then claiming low puddle is reactable.
That actually serves as a good example. If Adam was to do low lightning from a string where low was the only option, wouldn't you say that could be reacted to due to it being the only option that launches?

The puddle from F223 is the same the way I look at it. I said on the show that raw puddle is a different thing as that move by itself is only 20 frames and when you have to consider more than that it's a problem.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Yes.

That actually serves as a good example. If Adam was to do low lightning from a string where low was the only option, wouldn't you say that could be reacted to due to it being the only option that launches?

The puddle from F223 is the same the way I look at it. I said on the show that raw puddle is a different thing as that move by itself is only 20 frames and when you have to consider more than that it's a problem.
I haven't gotten a chance to listen yet (hoping to do so later today) but would note that even if you can't react to puddle, you should definitely be fuzzying the second overhead in Atrocitus F223 string. The first one is a tough fuzzy but the second one is a seven frame fuzzy - this is the same speed/difficulty as Green arrows f2d13, which people claim you should never get hit by. Atrocitus will still be very good but people should not really get hit by the second "50/50" nearly as much as they do now.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Im about halfway through the podcast. I'm enjoying it! You guys seem much happier with Injustice 2 compared to MKX and your enthusiasm comes through and makes the podcast much better.

I think I get the point @JTB123 is trying to make on reacting to Atrocitus' mixup. Normally, when one tries to block an overhead, it takes some time to recognize the move. For example, even if character X has a 25 frame overhead, if can be hard to react to if the first 10 frames are indistinguishable from other moves. However, when you are reacting to a string ending, you take away the part of the reaction devoted to recognizing the nature of the move.

On Blue Beetle (ignore if you guys say this later in the podcast - I'm only halfway through), I think his biggest problem is that he can only get decent damage by side switching and/or hitting the opponent really far away. His combos which push the opponent into the corner and set up oki have hilariously bad damage and that's a problem in matchups where he has to get in. He's forced to chase them endlessly because he keeps knocking them away from him with his combos, or he has to hit them a thousand times. Think he does pretty well in the matchups when he can zone.

JTB123

Im about halfway through the podcast. I'm enjoying it! You guys seem much happier with Injustice 2 compared to MKX and your enthusiasm comes through and makes the podcast much better.

I think I get the point @JTB123 is trying to make on reacting to Atrocitus' mixup. Normally, when one tries to block an overhead, it takes some time to recognize the move. For example, even if character X has a 25 frame overhead, if can be hard to react to if the first 10 frames are indistinguishable from other moves. However, when you are reacting to a string ending, you take away the part of the reaction devoted to recognizing the nature of the move.

On Blue Beetle (ignore if you guys say this later in the podcast - I'm only halfway through), I think his biggest problem is that he can only get decent damage by side switching and/or hitting the opponent really far away. His combos which push the opponent into the corner and set up oki have hilariously bad damage and that's a problem in matchups where he has to get in. He's forced to chase them endlessly because he keeps knocking them away from him with his combos, or he has to hit them a thousand times. Think he does pretty well in the matchups when he can zone.
This part sums it up perfectly. Glad you're enjoying the show. I think Injustice 2 is off to such a great start. I need to put some in serious lab time though, too many of the new characters are still a mystery to me.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Hey everyone we're back for another episode before CEO this weekend. The Big Red Machine causes quite the stir this week as we talk about Atrocitus' 50/50. Remaining topics and MP3 version are below.

Sound is still a little off balance this week unfortunately (when Jim gets salty its worse) but I think I'll have it corrected for the next episode.

MP3 Version

Topics:

Start - Input issues discussion.
19:00 - The return of the OS?
28:00 - What characters are getting over exposed?
54:00 - What characters are being ignored?

@PND OmegaK @PND_Ketchup @PND_Mustard @SneakyTortoise @TheGabStandard @Undeadjim @Matix218 @Youphemism @Scott The Scot @Klesk_1 @Nausea @UsedForGlue @Madzin @PunkMafia83 @IrishMantis @1man3letters @JustinXavier21 @Paul the Octopus @ChatterBox @Phosferrax @ZigZag @st9rm @rubmytaco @STRYKIE @xZoro @PND i2 Gaug3 @Falkunn @The Bearded Dan @Espio @ENDeverMORE @The_Tile
Self shoutout I backdashed Green Arrow's super reset in tournament vs Chris G. Dragon God's "YO ULLLL" could be heard across all Brooklyn that night.

Skedar70

Noob
They're not. It's hard to string b2 spc back to back but other than that they aren't that hard.
I posted this a while ago. I have continued practicing since. I can get the cancels but I missed them many times. I don't use b2 SC. I only use 112, 22, 2, F2, b1, 3 into SC. I still think they are very hard and it took a lot of practice and stress to get to where I am and I still think I suck at them. I can only do them consistently from the left side and need to practice them on the right side.

I understand why they are hard and its because none of the cancel inputs buffer and you have to actually cancel during the stampede which is a very small window.

There is only two recognizable players who can do them consistently tyrant on hitbox and omegaK. Coach steve said that the effort required to get them right might not be worth it.

If you think they are easy good for you. But most people are having a hard time doing them.