What's new

Helpful Advice For My Scrub Ken [SFV]

The Death

Sleeping Dragon
This was my first beta, and I didn't have much time to play, so I just tried to use whatever fundamentals I had. Tried going into the lab, but I could only manage to train for few minutes before getting placed into a ranked match. Looking to take some notes on my general fundamentals since the current buffs/nerfs will change when the full game releases anyway.

Major Moron74

I'm not paying for your beliefs
I'm not too big into street fighter and don't have incredible fundamentals myself, but I'll try to offer some feedback (keep in mind I'm pretty nooby so don't take anything I say too seriously). Overall you seem to be somewhat of an aggressive player, which isn't bad, but you have to be careful that you don't get overconfident or press buttons just for the sake of throwing out attacks. I notice a lot of aggressive players that play erratically, which can be effective in some situations, but can also get you punished. A lot of the time they forget to think, they just press buttons without any gameplan, which can cause them to go into "auto-pilot" and lose focus. No matter what type of player you are, learning to play defensively is incredibly helpful and can help you shut down other players. Make sure you respect the opponent's range and keep in mind when you're unsafe. I also noticed you running your opponent into the corner, which is smart, but be cautious when using it. You don't want to get blown up just for being antsy. But those things mostly comes down to mu experience so just keep on practicing.