What's new

Question Help with the Batman Matchup?

MLDoom

All these prices and I'm still free
I picked up WW for a week now and IMO she's one of the most solid characters in the game hands down, but I always find myself losing and having to counterpick for the Batman matchup. I know Wonder Woman can beat Batman, it's just his Jump2. Can anyone give some help on how so stop Batman from just Jumping around like a maniac?

187x

Noob
I picked up WW for a week now and IMO she's one of the most solid characters in the game hands down, but I always find myself losing and having to counterpick for the Batman matchup. I know Wonder Woman can beat Batman, it's just his Jump2. Can anyone give some help on how so stop Batman from just Jumping around like a maniac?
Ww has a decent d2 aa use it

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

D2 his jump early. Don't try to time it.

If he jumps in and likes to do 223.....
- If you duck after the first 2, you can duck the 2nd 2 and punish with your D2. But don't hesitate or you'll get hit with his 3.
- If you block the 22, you can duck the 3 and punish with B113.
- If they like to jump after 223 if you block the full 223 standing, do a D2 right after you block the 3 and you'll tag him.
If he jumps in and likes to do 123....
- Crouch block the 12 and punish with a D12~Tiara Toss MB combo.

MLDoom

All these prices and I'm still free
D2 his jump early. Don't try to time it.

If he jumps in and likes to do 223.....
- If you duck after the first 2, you can duck the 2nd 2 and punish with your D2. But don't hesitate or you'll get hit with his 3.
- If you block the 22, you can duck the 3 and punish with B113.
- If they like to jump after 223 if you block the full 223 standing, do a D2 right after you block the 3 and you'll tag him.
If he jumps in and likes to do 123....
- Crouch block the 12 and punish with a D12~Tiara Toss MB combo.

Thanks a ton.

chores

bad at things
yep make sure to d2 early and also d3 will cause his jumpins to whiff if timed correctly unless it is a perfectly spaced crossover

Strider86

PSN:Sarajina86
yep make sure to d2 early and also d3 will cause his jumpins to whiff if timed correctly unless it is a perfectly spaced crossover
^
This and also if u space it pretty decently before he hits his jump arc on the jump 2, use WW back2 whip and antiair that foo.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I just played a pretty good Batman, good record and like 30-something trueskill, and my advice overall concerning his ji2 crossover is this: The best defense is a good offense with Wonder Woman.

Don't let Wayne just jump around you and dictate everything, take it to him and don't let him get his ridiculous crossover ji2 game going by being aggressive.

Your b23 is a great tool at keeping him at bay with his ji2 if you can kind of anticipate it and punishing his backdash.