What's new

Help with MKT

7h30n

Noob
Well, I'm a bit new to (real; you know combos and competitive) MK and I have some questions for you (probably all this has already been asked and answered or is common knowledge but bear with me).

As I said somewhere already I played MK2 (my first MK game) long time ago, but I played the game casually and now I have only MK4 and MKT (I have PC only, no consoles).
I practiced alot in MK4 (and I play it with my friends) but for some reason I like that 2D graphic of MKT more so I wanted to give it a try and that's why I ask you these questions:

1) I've had MKT on PC for some time along with MK4 and I was wondering what are the differences between MKT and UMK and MK3?

2) Is your guide on UMK usable on MKT too? And do you have some tutorial videos for it?

3) What character is the easiest to learn for someone new like me?

4) Is there any way to fix sound issue (there is no sound) when I have my gamepad (Logitech Rumblepad 2) pluged in (when it's not plugged sound plays normally) ?

ded

Elder God
1) I've had MKT on PC for some time along with MK4 and I was wondering what are the differences between MKT and UMK and MK3?

2) Is your guide on UMK usable on MKT too? And do you have some tutorial videos for it?

3) What character is the easiest to learn for someone new like me?

4) Is there any way to fix sound issue (there is no sound) when I have my gamepad (Logitech Rumblepad 2) pluged in (when it's not plugged sound plays normally) ?
1. There are tons of differences between MK3/UMk3 and MKT, UMK3 however is the most balanced for competetive play.

2. The guides are for UMK3 Arcade/Mame/X360 versions only

3. The easiest characters imo to learn are kabal, hsmoke, ermac, sub-zero and rsmoke

4. Unplug your gamepad, start the game with sound and plug it again (Props to Mike for telling me this lol)

7h30n

Noob
Thanks for answering me, I tried unplug/plug thing but I doesn't work. Maybe I'm waiting too long to plug Gamepad back in and because of that the game "rejects" it, I'll try pluging it in right as I start the game

Ok, I'll start with Sub-Zero, so any tips/hints for him and some basic combos/juggles ?

7h30n

Noob
Thanks a lot. (and I decided I'll use my keyboard, coz unplug/plug thing doesn't work)

Could you help me with this juggle:

2. freeze, cross up jump kick, freeze, aa (HP HP), JK, slide 5 hits 33%

Im trying to learn it coz it's the only combo in which the opponent hasn't got to be in the air (that's what aa stands for right? g.g. 1. aa freeze, aaHP, freeze, aa(HP,HP), JK, slide, 5 hits 43%)
Anyways the problem is I have trouble connecting cross up JK + freeze (freeze is that deep freeze move not ice shower right?), is that possible in MKT on PC ?
So cross up JK is jumping over the head of the opponent and kicking him while landing?
If the above is a yes, then I simply have bad timing ...
Is there maybe a video of that juggle or if you could upload it.
I apologize if I'm bothering you too much

since we are here, im curious. has anyone played trilogy with netplay? is it possible on kaillera to play mkt?

who plays mkt netwise? i would love to set it up and get some games if its possible. what would i need besides a rom to make it happen in kaillera?

oBryant

Noob
since we are here, im curious. has anyone played trilogy with netplay? is it possible on kaillera to play mkt?

who plays mkt netwise? i would love to set it up and get some games if its possible. what would i need besides a rom to make it happen in kaillera?
yes it is alpha bob but you need project 64 and epsx to play it.. epsx is better the p64 IMO

7h30n

Noob
I wish it would be simple to obtain a ROM and set all those programmes up and play it online.

Well if it is possible (and not so complicated) I could play too :)

7h30n

Noob
Ha ha, good one (btw I like this forum's spoiler tags)

Oh and did you know about that prank link: http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/

Edit: And to bother ded some more ;) about that juggle, when do you do that deep freeze after cross JK: during it, or as soon as you land or maybe as soon you hit the opponent, because either I do it too late and catch my opponent when he is on ground or I do it too late and the move doesnt perform at all

I have some problems with MKT for PC. It's works fine other than I can't use my pad. I have a converter that allows me to use my PS1 (non analog) pad but when I start up the game on PC under configurations the Joystick option's not available. Any ideas why?

Okay, nevermind... I was able to configure it when the pad was plugged in before running MKT, but then there was no sound and as I was at the character select screen I got a error message that forced the game to be turned off...

Now I pulled out the controller, and started up MKT and now it had sound but wouldn't read my pad. =\ And then I got the same error message and it was turned off.