What's new

Help with Kung Lao's infinite.

Birkin

Noob
So after finally being able to do Stryker's infinite 95% of the time (5% of the time I block instead of punching to cancel the jab), I'm moving on to the next character I want to learn, Kung Lao.

I can now pull off his spin consistently after a bit of practice, with little failure, but that's not my concern. The problem happens when I: JP Whiff Dive kick and HP Block to cancel. It seems that my HP won't connect, or if it does connect, I'll try to do it again but the dk won't whiff, it will connect, ending the combo. I watched the video in the character guide section and it seems that the jump to whiffed dive kick is done really fast, any trick to this?

Overall, I need to tips to get everything (except the spin) out faster. Thanks.

My biggest problem with the inf is getting it started. I miss the whiff after the jk/jp more than anything else. Once i get into a rhythm, i usually wont screw up until at least 65%. Anyway, i think you might be cancelling your HP too fast. I used to have this problem. Try watching for the HP to connect then cancel. Also, I find run easier to cancel with, but if block works for you, go for it. Also, don't madly hit the D+HK, just move your hand from the forward+up to the down position and hit the buttons when necessary. You'll get a rhythm and then you are good. I almost always do the HP infinite because I suck at the spin one unless I connect several Hp reps beforehand, and want to switch to the corner infinite.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
DizGirlWillOwnU said:
or u can ask LEX!!! LOL
Seriously, did Lex train you with Kung Lao or something? LMAO...

Do you play the 3D MK's? I'd love to see you use Kung Lao, there's a few players in MKA that can use him well but not many. :p

MKF30 said:
DizGirlWillOwnU said:
or u can ask LEX!!! LOL

Do you play the 3D MK's? I'd love to see you use Kung Lao, there's a few players in MKA that can use him well but not many. :p

kinda few tips about kung lao but i never really played 3d mk i tried it once but im bad!!!! lol

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
DizGirlWillOwnU said:
MKF30 said:
DizGirlWillOwnU said:
or u can ask LEX!!! LOL

kinda few tips about kung lao but i never really played 3d mk i tried it once but im bad!!!! lol
Awee, ^^ lol I can train you :D I'm very good in the 3d ones, I play them all though I love MK that much either 2D or 3D I'm game.

There's no run button in the 3D ones so you have to adjust your game a bit, it's kind of like MK2 & 3D MK mixed that's what MKA is like in some ways.

And you can parry(counter) your foes moves in MKA and use the wake up game(stay on the ground or roll) as well.

Do you have a mic? Just curious, for xbox I mean since the DS one I don't have one. :wink:

:idea:
Don't forget, mkf30 has admitted to persuing girls offline, for there aren't enough good chics in NYC.

Pretty creepy dizgirl...

MKF30 said:
DizGirlWillOwnU said:
MKF30 said:
DizGirlWillOwnU said:
or u can ask LEX!!! LOL

Awee, ^^ lol I can train you :D I'm very good in the 3d ones, I play them all though I love MK that much either 2D or 3D I'm game.

There's no run button in the 3D ones so you have to adjust your game a bit, it's kind of like MK2 & 3D MK mixed that's what MKA is like in some ways.

And you can parry(counter) your foes moves in MKA and use the wake up game(stay on the ground or roll) as well.

Do you have a mic? Just curious, for xbox I mean since the DS one I don't have one. :wink:

na i dont have that game anymore but i do have a mic on the 360