What's new

Help with Kabal double JK Fireball?

Guys, I have been trying this again and again in the corner after the popup but on the second JK/Fireball I just wiff (trying on both UMK on DS and Trilogy (Greatest Hits) on PS -- both against the PC). Does it just take a good while to get the timing down, only work on certain characters, got any tips with this?

Thanks in advance.

dreemernj

Ambassador
The double JK->fireball shouldn't be too hard to do. The easiest way I find to do it is get the first jump kick, let kabal drop down close to the ground and fire the fireball. Then get teh second jump kick and get the fireball whenever.

If you are going for more than 2 you have to figure out a good rhythm but if you want to start just getting 2, let Kabal drop low after the first JK.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
Dreemer speaks the truth. Basically you should try to get the first JK relatively early (high), and the first fireball as late (low) as possible.

After a while I'm sure you'll get it; I've never been much of a combo guy myself but this is one of the few semi-advanced combos that I've done in real gameplay.

Thanks guys... I will try those suggestions. Part of what my problem may be is doing the first fireball too high (tend to do it right when hit the JK).

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
To give some further specifics, after the pop up, hit the JK high and tap back back immediately, then let Kabal drop a bit and press HP when you want the fireball since you have a time delay basically until Kabal hits the ground to get the fireball out after pressing back back. Once you get down a timing where you can get him really close to the ground you should be able to get 3, or at least 2 with a HK or another JK.

after the jk's, do back-back-the button and youll get the fireball right on him.you need to execute the fireball immediatly or youll be to late

FILER

Noob
after the jk's, do back-back-the button and youll get the fireball right on him.you need to execute the fireball immediatly or youll be to late
Unless I misunderstanding you...this is not correct. You do NOT want the fireball right after the jump kick, you want a high JK (buffer the back back) low fireball, high JK ect.

Like I said, I might be misunderstanding you, but if you do a high JK with a fireball immediately after you cannot continue the combo.

Try on Jax...over and over and over...you'll get it.

I also have trouble with some corner combos. Sometimes I get pushed back even though I hit with only one punch. What's up with that? And I don't often get the chance to practice corners when I play online.. Sindel, Kabal and spearers are the best for practice I suppose. Because you can just run-push the opponent to the corner after the scream/dash/spear.

Thanks for the tips. I didn't know we could delay a move like that..

After I seen this thread I investigated a little bit, its pretty easy to get two JK's in, the 3rd one I have not gotten yet though. I have in the past, but it just came up during a match.

I was practicing against Jax and MK2Jax on Trilogy today :)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
While this thread is active could I just ask the difference in damage between a jp and a jk and a standing hk
Full Damage rounded to the nearest .5%:

JP = 9.5% (16/166)
normal JK = 15.5% (26/166)
straight up JK = 11% (24/66)
standing HK = 14.5% (19/166)

Damage Protection rounded to the nearest .5%:

JP = 5% (8/166)
normal JK = 8% (13/166)
straight up JK = 5.5% (9/66)
standing HK = 7% (12/166)

Cool info. I didn't know there was a damage difference between a straight up JK and a regular JK. That's good to know.

Sometimes I forget how devastating jumpkicks can be. Kabal's JKFB alone must deal around 30% damage.

oh yeah your right filer. and i thought i mastered kabal

lol...I consider myself pretty decent, Kabal is by far my best character, and I'm not even close to mastering him.

On a side note, has anyone ever done three anti air fireballs in the corner? I'm assuming it would do damn close to 100%, I did 2 and I believe it was 74% or so. Now I'm talking spin (in air) aahp, aahp, jk, AFB, jk, AFB, jk, AFB. Anyone ever done it? Its so damn hard to get in the right situation to do it, which makes it so rewarding once done.

Jermball

Noob
What I kind of do to make the jk, fb, jk, fb eaiser to do is

when i do launcher, i jk, immediately, then tap back after i kick them, and back again as he is falling then x and it usually will distance in the middle-to-above and repeat.

try just doing the 3 hit pop up and figuring how close you can get to the corner without pushback and then you can find a rhythm for the button combinations.

Practice on Kung Lao, Ninjas, Sheeva or Stryker.

Don't practice on Jax

i found it easy to get 3 jk fire balls with the 5 hit pop, and then run in lp fire ball
total 4 fireballs?

3 jk's fireballs? or 2 jk fireballs aalp aafireball?

I'm confused.

I NEVER use kabal, newbies can beat my rinse and repeat kabal.

off-topic edit:

What's bread and butter moves mean? I'm sure I could classify MK2 moves usefulness if I knew what this term meant =/

oBryant

Noob
total 4 fireballs?

3 jk's fireballs? or 2 jk fireballs aalp aafireball?

I'm confused.

I NEVER use kabal, newbies can beat my rinse and repeat kabal.

off-topic edit:

What's bread and butter moves mean? I'm sure I could classify MK2 moves usefulness if I knew what this term meant =/

sorry i typed that totally wrong..

5 hit pop up, jk FB, Jk FB, Run in lp fireball.. or reapeat but just do jk fbx4 its easy to do to robots and kano.. but thats just me and i did this offline.