What's new

Help with intentional whiffed dive kick

DeftMonk

Noob
So, ETC McFly has me super hyped to play lao with all these vids man is pumping out, but the combos he is doing with the intentionally whiffed dive kick are near impossible for me to do consistently. Anyone have any tips for me? For example in his vids he might do something lik,e 21212 spin j4 dive kick (whiffs) f4 spin ...

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
So, ETC McFly has me super hyped to play lao with all these vids man is pumping out, but the combos he is doing with the intentionally whiffed dive kick are near impossible for me to do consistently. Anyone have any tips for me? For example in his vids he might do something lik,e 21212 spin j4 dive kick (whiffs) f4 spin ...
You cant whiff divekick after 21212 mb spin but u can after f13 mb spin or b32 mbspin.

Last edited:

Pygmy_Potato

BF4+FF+BLK
The JK into whiff dive kick is not worth the headache. Try J2xxwhiffdk instead; what works for me is doing the J2 super early in your jump immediately after mb spin.

That combo is real finicky tho. Like if only the second part of F13 hits it can mess you up. :-/

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Whether you do those combos or not, KL takes a lot of work keep up with the rest of the cast.

Those combos require really high end execution, that its not easy to obtain, or to have.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I forgot u can also do whiffed divekick from just mb spin too. I dont think his combos are that hard to do, once u get them down. Getting them down took some time for me but is just a matter of getting your timing down and not mashing buttons to do your combo.

I have been using this from MK9. It's a very old style. The main thing is practice.