What's new

General/Other Help With Cage Combo

Hello! I just got MK9 a few weeks ago and I am trying to stick with Cage for a while to learn the basics and combos. I am really struggling to complete this combo:

B3-Dash-2-Dash-2-Dash-2-44-Nut Punch. I can often complete the two kicks at the end however I either get the nut punch off too late, or it doesn't get executed. Any tips? I've also tried breaking it down and practicing each component. For example, I've practiced 44-Nut Punch quite a bit now.
Thanks! I'm excited to get the basics down and then go online and not get destroyed in ranked!

DreadzTsung

"Darkness is the heart's true essence"
What you wanna do is try to get the command for nut punch off right after you do 4, 4.

nutpunch has a shortcut (d+1/x/square i think, but i don't remember cause i never use it) but i'm not sure if it works in combos, you could try that out

to do 4,4 nutpunch i just put in the 4,4 b,d 1 as fast as i can. practice 4,4 nut punch with different gravity (ie put the CPU movement on Jump in training and do different amounts of hits so they drop lower/faster or slower etc) so you'll be able to do it in different situations.

also run ladder a few times so you get the feeling of using the combos down and you can perform them in a real match. also online can be... well, online, so you might have to simplify the combo under bad lag conditions (ie b3 1, 1, 1, 1, 4,4 nut punch)

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
This^ or subtract a dash 2 and do b3,2,2,44 nut. Less damage but more consistent (online) and you'll get to pressure anyhow

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
you have to practice it, over and over and over and over til you get it. Remember to do it all in one motion.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Try f4, 2, 2, 2, 44 into Nutpunch.

b3 is weird, I only get it as an AA, and only do two "2"s in a real match.

I imagine B3's hitbox as a giant sideways rectangle on the screen. I've gotten people with it at the height of their jump above me numerous times.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
nutpunch has a shortcut (d+1/x/square i think, but i don't remember cause i never use it) but i'm not sure if it works in combos, you could try that out

to do 4,4 nutpunch i just put in the 4,4 b,d 1 as fast as i can. practice 4,4 nut punch with different gravity (ie put the CPU movement on Jump in training and do different amounts of hits so they drop lower/faster or slower etc) so you'll be able to do it in different situations.

also run ladder a few times so you get the feeling of using the combos down and you can perform them in a real match. also online can be... well, online, so you might have to simplify the combo under bad lag conditions (ie b3 1, 1, 1, 1, 4,4 nut punch)
The shortcut doesn't work in combos. You can't cancel into it.

As for the OP, you have to input the nut punch command sooner than you think when doing 44 nut punch