What's new

Tech - Mileena Help with BnB combos

Vacant

Noob
Everybody seems to have moved on to I2 but hopefully someone can help me out. I can only practice/play MK at a friend's once or twice a week. For about 3 sessions in the lab now I can't seem to get the Ball Roll > JBK > Tele Kick > Air Sai BnB that made me want to pick up Mileena in the first place!

I can get good damage (25-30%) with BR > NJP BnBs, but I would really like to nail the aforementioned one. I try pressing up and back at the same time and then 3 but it's not consistent for me, Do you first press back first and then up in quick succession? Viceversa? In any case, when I do get the kick right, I can't connect the Tele Kick, she does it once the opponent is too close to the ground and it doesn't connect.

Same with her f343 > Tele Kick.... I can't seem to connect it and I have tried pressing it as fast as possible, or delay for a se... but it's really driving me mad! Any help would be appreciated!

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Everybody seems to have moved on to I2 but hopefully someone can help me out. I can only practice/play MK at a friend's once or twice a week. For about 3 sessions in the lab now I can't seem to get the Ball Roll > JBK > Tele Kick > Air Sai BnB that made me want to pick up Mileena in the first place!

I can get good damage (25-30%) with BR > NJP BnBs, but I would really like to nail the aforementioned one. I try pressing up and back at the same time and then 3 but it's not consistent for me, Do you first press back first and then up in quick succession? Viceversa? In any case, when I do get the kick right, I can't connect the Tele Kick, she does it once the opponent is too close to the ground and it doesn't connect.

Same with her f343 > Tele Kick.... I can't seem to connect it and I have tried pressing it as fast as possible, or delay for a se... but it's really driving me mad! Any help would be appreciated!
Firstly, welcome. Secondly, what is the combo you are aiming to do? With the Jump Kick xx Telekick combo it usually depends on your starting string before Ball Roll to determine whether you should do JBK xx Telekick or JFK xx Telekick. If you start your combo with 123 xx Roll or F12B4 x Roll then you would need to do JBK xx Telekick to continue the combo. If you start the combo any other way into Roll then JFK is the way forward.

With regards to timing if you are doing JBK xx Telekick combos then JBK needs to be instant. The method of holding up and back and pressing 3 works but there is a timing to it. So I would say first practice the timing of connecting JBK alone after a Ball Roll to get used to it and develop consistency. For the next part of the combo as soon as you land JBK you then very quickly input Telekick. If done right it should cancel the JBK into a Telekick and then you should be able to continue our combo from there.

As for F343 xx Telekick, that is no an actual combo anymore, Your best bet now is to do F343 and walk forward a little into F23 xx Roll, or run cancel 4 and then Roll

Vacant

Noob
Thanks for the welcoming as well as your input! I didn't know that TK was not possible after f343 anymore! 'S good to know I've been practicing useful stuff lol

So you do press up and back/forward together to get the kick instantly? Here I was thinking I was getting it more consistently pressing back first and then up .... I also didn't know that the first string mattered. I've been doing mainly 123 > BR or f12b4 > BR so it's good to know that I have been pressing the right jump kick at least.

I'll practice BR into JBK alone in my next lab session again, hopefully I can get the hang of it this time. Would you say practicing JFK > TK > Air Sai with the AI jumping is a good idea? It had occurred to me the other day that it might.

Again, thanks for your reply!

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
No problem.

If you feel you are getting it more consistently by pressing back and then up then can continue doing it that way. It is all about what you feel comfortable with.

Also keep the AI grounded for now to practice.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
God it's been so long that I've forgotten some of the timing lol. Either way welcome to the mileena community. Better late then never I guess